Viewing 26 posts - 201 through 226 (of 226 total)
  • So, do we think Wiggins is clean?
  • piemonster

Thursday night, think it was 2am UK

bratty

Bertie is this generations LA IMHO

I think that a rider can not be doing this alone and by throwing this accusation towards Contador you are also tainting the team he rides for and the Spanish Federation. This depth of knowledge is something I think we’ll see on Oprah.

The Spanish authorities reaction to Operation Puerto summed it up. Only foreign riders in general were caught, except for spanish riders who were persued by foreign authorities. They really do not seem to care what goes on over there. Even the Italians have a (much) better track record at catching dopers.

edhornby

this accusation towards Contador you are also tainting the team he rides for and the Spanish Federation.

yes, he rode for astana and since then mr 60% – the president of the spanish authority came out with ‘I’ve known Alberto since he was a little boy, he’s alright’ and fell for his bulls…teak excuse – look at the mess with the other unrepentant valverde

seba560
    Free Member

and fell for his bulls…teak excuse

Fortunately we won’t find any contaminated meat stories in this country, will we?

Of course it’s safe John, it’s probably horsemeat anyway….
    🙂

Blower
    Free Member

feckkin oprah winfrey of all the people.. 🙄

lance is a C*** of the highest order

titusrider
    Free Member

Paul Kimmage twitter feed has just put out some interesting detail to flesh out his opinion on Wiggins:

MSP

but did the governing bodies KNOW he was cheating…hmmmm.

Well yes, everybody already knows that.

scaredypants

titusrider – Member
    Paul Kimmage twitter feed has just put out some interesting detail to flesh out his opinion on Wiggins

Last one I can see is dated 10 Jan. Am I being thick or has he deleted something ?

lemonysam
    Free Member

24m Oh, last thing Bradley, if you would like to address those issues in an interview, I’d be more than happy to sit down with you.

31m Paul Kimmage ?@PaulKimmage
    Coming soon: An interview (not Oprah) with the greatest bike rider I ever saw (not Armstrong).

40m Paul Kimmage ?@PaulKimmage
    …the hiring of Gert Leinders, and the sacking of four key members of staff since he won the Tour.
    Expand

42m Paul Kimmage ?@PaulKimmage
    If I still had a job, I’d be camped outside the Sky training camp in Majorca and would not go away until Wiggins adressed the message…

45m Paul Kimmage ?@PaulKimmage
    It is one year tomorrow since I lost my job at The Sunday Times…profitable work this anti-doping.

57m Paul Kimmage ?@PaulKimmage
    Interesting that Bradley Wiggins is still following the Lance Armstrong blueprint for success: 1 Ignore the message 2 Attack the messenger

damning…

MSP

You appear to be imagining he has written more than he actually has.

titusrider
    Free Member

http://media.newstalk.ie/archive

BigTex GoingtoJail?@Digger_forum

Wiggins acting a dickhead: Click, find the Off the ball programme, Jan 15, part one, 11m40secs

Was the most interesting one for me if you can be assed to follow the instructions to listen it does seem that Bradley give a very weak response

jfletch
    Free Member

Thing is though Armstrong didn’t need to come back to cycling. He had insurance with Cofidis which would have left him comfortable for life had he retired on health grounds. It was his choice to come back and cheat.

It’s a generally accepted fact that LA was doping well before he got cancer and it is possible that the drugs may even have caused his cancer.

As for Kimmage getting answers from Sky I think there is little chance they are going to give him anything. He clearly has a chip on his shoulder and is out to further his own agenda, no answer they give will be good enough for him, unless they just came out and said they were all high as a kite.

If they are clean why would they subject themselves to that?

joeydeacon
    Free Member

If Wiggins is serious about being clean, then he needs to be totally transparent and release his blood data from the last few seasons. He was pretty high on the leaked UCI suspicious list, and somehow went from 134th in the 2008 TDF to finishing 4th (now upgraded to 3rd) the next year, finishing amongst known dopers. Many of his supposed 100% clean team have now been proven to have pretty murky pasts.

As someone who earns very good money out of the sport he needs to give something back – cycling fans have been let down too many times in the past with claims of a clean new era – if he is completely transparent with his data then this would go someway to help rebuilding the sport.

andyrm
    Free Member

We need to remember that Kimmage is an out of work journalist who continues his self ordained crusade, for the intention of selling stories to publications and so earning money. This is not investigative journalism, it’s just the equivalent of a papparazi photographer.

andyrm
    Free Member

As for Kimmage getting answers from Sky I think there is little chance they are going to give him anything. He clearly has a chip on his shoulder and is out to further his own agenda, no answer they give will be good enough for him, unless they just came out and said they were all high as a kite.

This

Junkyard
    Free Member

not realy sure what folk want from Wigins

Semmed like a fine if slightly PR ish answer

some will need the closure of it and some will not know what to do when it happens and its been sad for cyling and the 90’s are a write off. Whats worng with that – it snot like Brad needs LA to confess to know he was a cheat as Brad is not an idiot.

It changes litle for me whether LA confesses or not as I have known for years that he was a cheat.

Seems to me th einternet just allows sceptics and moaners to be sceptical and moan

this us not harsh enough – what do you want a sweary rant every time he speaks?

Sometimes its the publics fault and journos wantingg more and it is this time

As for Kimmage if he had anything he would publish it and be damned rather than do a trolling goad on Twitter to get a reaction.

Junkyard
    Free Member

really

If Wiggins is serious about being clean, then he needs to be totally transparent and release his blood data from the last few seasons.

You really think that the debate would stop if he did this?
    Do you honestly think that
    I am in no way qualified to read anyones biological passport so what would be the point of it – it wont end the chatter as the evidenc eis

1. look some cyclist cheated
    2. these cyclists who cheated won
    3. they denied they cheated

Brad has won therefore he is a lying cheat

You wont defeat an illogical argument or cycnic with some more facts and you cannot prove a neagtive so why would anyone even try?

joeydeacon
    Free Member

not realy sure what folk want from Wigins

Four things I’d like:

1. For him to be openly critical of riders who have doped regardless if they are still in the peloton. He only criticises riders once they are retired or are dead and buried like Ricco.

2. Him (and all other riders) to have all their blood passport data available for experts and the public alike to view.

3. To give regular interviews to Kimmage, Lemond, Ashenden etc – these guys are doing more to save the sport than the majority of the peloton – they are acknowledging cycling has a major problem and are doing their best to fix it. Without people like these, Armstrong would have got away with it. If we don’t learn from the past, then there is no hope for cycling.

4. To give samples which can be stored and tested for an indefinite period. History teaches us that we probably can’t test for the latest methods of doping yet.

As a fan I’m just sick of every new generation claiming to be the new clean era, and getting let down time and time again. Transparency is key.

Edukator
    Free Member

Given the Rob Hayles whitewash I can’t see BC releasing blood data anytime soon. Even when Rob tested over 50% they came up with every possible excuse on behalf of the rider rather than consider for an instant he might be cheating. The various representatives came up with quotes along the lines of “I know Rob doesn’t dope”. How can they possibly know? Do they follow him around 24/7, share his bed and follow him into the bog to… ?

CountZero

As a fan I’m just sick of every new generation claiming to be the new clean era, and getting let down time and time again. Transparency is key.

Perhaps getting on with living your own life, rather than trying to live vicariously through someone else’s, would result in much less disappointment for you.
    Whether Wiggins is a cheat or not matters not in the slightest to me. It doesn’t affect me personally, my job, or any relationships of mine. As a result I don’t get let down time and time again.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yet you posted here just to have a go at someone. Clearly you feel strongly enough to do that. Might I suggest you go and live this fulfilling life you’d like us to believe you have.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Four things I’d like:

1. For him to be openly critical of riders who have doped regardless if they are still in the peloton. He only criticises riders once they are retired or are dead and buried like Ricco.

“Whether he’s innocent or guilty or whatever, it’s almost irrelevant now,” he said. “A decision needs to be made either way. It’s not fair on the events he’s competing in. He had an outcome on the Tour de France last week, one way or another.
    “He wasn’t the best Contador we’ve seen, but him attacking on the Telegraphe changed the whole race. Voeckler went after him, Voeckler cracked and Voeckler probably lost the opportunity to be on the podium because Contador was in that race.
    “Is that fair? Should he be in the race? If he’s innocent, fair enough, he should be allowed to race. But if he’s not and this decision hasn’t been made, then essentially he’s been affecting the outcome of every race he’s ridden for the last six months – and that isn’t fair.
    “That changes peoples lives, changes people’s careers, changes people’s salaries and Voeckler’s missed the podium of the Tour de France.”

2. Him (and all other riders) to have all their blood passport data available for experts and the public alike to view.

they are available to experts I dont know what on earth you thing will help by letting ignorant folk have a look – I know nothing about blood doping so the results would be meaningless to me and most of those who demand it and would question them

3. To give regular interviews to Kimmage, Lemond, Ashenden etc – these guys are doing more to save the sport than the majority of the peloton – they are acknowledging cycling has a major problem and are doing their best to fix it. Without people like these, Armstrong would have got away with it. If we don’t learn from the past, then there is no hope for cycling.

so if he speaks to them they will pick through his web of lies or something?
    perhaps every pro cyclist should be shadowed by a journalist?
    TBH if i was brad the last thing I would do now is speak to Kimmage as he seems to almost need another LA with what he has been posting of late.

4. To give samples which can be stored and tested for an indefinite period. History teaches us that we probably can’t test for the latest methods of doping yet.

the samples are stored and i assume a rule change would be needed for later testing – I dont have an issue with that one tbh

Did lemond let you down, did Cadel? has wiggo? or cav? some lied and cheated not all. I dont think anything will convince a sceptic tbh.

edukator rob hayles failed on his hameacrit levels ONLY he never failed on doping. His blood was tested for doping at the same time and he passed so its not a clear cut case of cheating or a cover up. It does raise some interesting questions though and can be used as fuel for those who think GB/sky etc cheat

piemonster

Perhaps getting on with living your own life, rather than trying to live vicariously through someone else’s, would result in much less disappointment for you.
    Whether Wiggins is a cheat or not matters not in the slightest to me. It doesn’t affect me personally, my job, or any relationships of mine. As a result I don’t get let down time and time again.

Then why are you posting?

MSP

they are available to experts I dont know what on earth you thing will help by letting ignorant folk have a look – I know nothing about blood doping so the results would be meaningless to me and most of those who demand it and would question them

By being public it removes the risk of collusion between the riders and the governing body. It’s not about joe blogs being able to analyse the results, its so independent experts can comment. I wonder how many sports would enjoy Ashenden taking a gander at there blood results, and the conclusions they draw from them.

I also thought retrospective testing of samples was brought in about 5 years ago. But only for samples taken after the rule change,

Junkyard
    Free Member

Any “independent expert” will work in the area of blood testing/doping control so their independence will always be open to questions

I dont object to openess per se I just dont think it will lead to closure or acceptance from doubters whatever anyone does.

andyrm
    Free Member

Any “independent expert” will work in the area of blood testing/doping control so their independence will always be open to questions

I dont object to openess per se I just dont think it will lead to closure or acceptance from doubters whatever anyone does.

Exactly.

And Kimmage simply is not the person to do the interviews he so desperately is trying to provoke Bradley into agreeing to.

By his own admission he is an out of work journo, who is skint. So are we going to see considered, intelligent, thought out and high quality investigative journalism or a snidey hack putting words into the mouth of the interviewee to get a sale?

Viewing 26 posts - 201 through 226 (of 226 total)

The topic ‘So, do we think Wiggins is clean?’ is closed to new replies.