Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 214 total)
  • So, can Fred/Elfin be allowed back now please?
  • zokes
    Free Member

More than I can say for a lot of the spineless, boring, backstabbers that you come across here.

Well, if it’s so bad, you know where the door is. Don’t let it bang you on the arse on the way out etc…

His undoing was that he was he rather eloquent illiterate and ineffective with his childish mockney prose, which got right up the backs of some ineffective narrow minded people with a mental age higher than three, who, due to their inadequacies credit, dealt with it by constantly whingeing and complaining to informing the mods.

FIFY

oldgrump08
    Free Member

At the risk of annoying the elf fan club, I disagree he was eloquent and effective. More like dogged, possessing an over-inflated opinion of his own intellect and dismissive of others imho.

zokes
    Free Member

I suppose, Ernie, you could be like RealMan here, and say that it’s clear that roughly 50% of the posters on the thread are on your side. 😆

Which reminds me – did that guy ever get his money back?

peterfile
    Free Member

i don’t know the guy, other than from his posts on here, but i assume he has a life which, in order for him to be happy, doesn’t require writing stuff on a random internet forum set up by a niche magazine covering a niche sport?

so does he actually really want to be “allowed” back?

If the answer is yes, then maybe he needs some time away from the internet. If the answer is no, then why are people begging that he be allowed back?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

zokes – Member

FIFY

How about not fixing my posts and coming up with something of your own to say ?

Feel free to disagree with me but try to ‘construct an argument’, a more challenging alternative I know, but potentially also more satisfying. Give it a go and see 💡

zokes
    Free Member

How about not fixing my posts and coming up with something of your own to say ?

No argument required. It’s quite clear that the majority on this thread don’t want dear Fred back. No need to go insulting some of them.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ohh heck he’s sent me a direct message on Twitter telling me he has blocked me. I din’t know why because I never use it.

I have always had time for him but he does seem to have spat his dummy out because my online friendship with him was, by my admission, rather unimportant to me. And that response makes me see him in the same way others have experienced his mood swings and odd behaviour.

But he did offer me the same condolences as he did Ernie when my mum died last year so I do accept he has a great heart – just don’t take EVERYTHING to heart Fred…

jota180
    Free Member

Ohh heck he’s sent me a direct message on Twitter telling me he has blocked me

I’ve just blocked you too – it’ll come into effect just as soon as I open a Twitter account

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No argument required. It’s quite clear that the majority on this thread don’t want dear Fred back.

Obviously you disagree with your own statement as you clearly felt compelled to respond to my post.

No need to go insulting some of them.

And yet you feel it is vital for your case to continue insulting Elfie with references to “illiterate”, “childish mockney”, and “mental age higher than three”.

zokes
    Free Member

“illiterate”,

We all know he’s supposedly intelligent. He chose to spell incorrectly, hence seeming illiterate.

“childish mockney”,

Was his usual method of expressing himself.

“mental age higher than three”.

Most people older than three at least make some attempt to speak coherently when trying to argue a point.

Very few find the concept of a grown adult deliberately pretending to be illiterate by typing in childish mockney even vaguely amusing.

brakes
    Free Member

And yet you feel it is vital for your case to continue insulting Elfie

why are you calling him Elfie?
    you seem to have taken on HIS persona ernie.
    are you playing games as usual?

RichPenny
    Free Member

Very few find the concept of a grown adult deliberately pretending to be illiterate by typing in childish mockney even vaguely amusing.

And yet the response to it is utterly hilarious 🙂

crikey
    Free Member

Sounds like you’re missing him very much ernie, I admire the depth of your passion and your ability to express it.

Bazz

Just skim read some of this and this came to mind

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/amusing-self-flagellation-in-the-mail

Sorry.

chakaping
    Free Member

so does he actually really want to be “allowed” back?

If the answer is yes, then maybe he needs some time away from the internet. If the answer is no, then why are people begging that he be allowed back?

This was my point too.

I’m trying not to be confrontational about it, but perhaps his friends should ask themselves if STW might have been bad for him.

If he was an alcoholic would they be arguing with the landlord to let him back in that hypothetical pub people were talking about above?

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m trying not to be confrontational about it, but perhaps his friends should ask themselves if STW might have been bad for him.

It’s almost like some want Fred to come back, purely because he annoys the people that annoy themselves.

Winding up by proxy if you will.

Stoner
    Free Member

Why own a dog and bark yourself perhaps?

scaredypants

oh look, another fredthread !

FWIW, I like fred and his opinions are often interesting but his post rate/count is what gets tiresome. The bannings seem to come when those reach a peak – atrition is not a good forum friendly way to argue and tends to end in tedious repetition and ultimately descends into insults

(he ain’t the only one, though he becomes far the most obvious example by “ban-time”)

DezB
    Free Member

Weird – if people get so wound up by a forum user, why don’t they just use the blocking software, instead of reading everything they post like some kind of Mary Whitehouse “I will be outraged” type weirdo?
    I found someone’s attitude annoying on a couple of threads, now all I get is “Blahblah said something stupid”.
    I found it doesn’t make much difference to forum use so never bothered removing the filter.
    BTW, elfin only made the half hearted paedo reference after he was banned.

crikey
    Free Member

BTW, elfin only made the half hearted paedo reference after he was banned.

Which presumably makes it perfectly acceptable? 🙄

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Promised myself i wasn’y going to comment on this but…

“half-hearted paedo reference”

This sort of thing can’t be ‘half hearted’ IMHO. It has the potential to ruin lives and careers so is a very dangerous accusation to make.

Jamie
    Free Member

Jamie said something stupid.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Narrow it down a bit for us Jamie

crikey
    Free Member

This sort of thing can’t be ‘half hearted’ IMHO. It has the potential to ruin lives and careers so is a very dangerous accusation to make.

Exactly.

..and all those ‘Aww poor lickle Elfin, let him back cos he’s my mate’ types should really have a look at what they are defending; no one else would get away with that kind of thing.

Jamie
    Free Member

Narrow it down a bit for us Jamie

Be easier to nail fog to the wall, TGA.

thegreatape
    Free Member

🙂

scaredypants

actually, it’d be a great way of “banning” people if the forum read as normal to them but returned “(banned person) said something stupid” for everyone else.

Being apparently ignored by everyone would probably do some members some good (never did me any harm & I’ve been here for years ( 🙁 ))

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I’ve just blocked you too – it’ll come into effect just as soon as I open a Twitter account

😆

cynic-al
    Free Member

That’s fair enough, it was just that so many folk chose to get really wound up by it, seemingly like you.

He’s a stranger on the internet, GET OVER YOURSELF.

yunki
    Free Member

can we lock all the moaning hard done by fannies in a room together.. naked.. for six weeks.. with no food.. armed with knives..

call it Big Bother..

poor me I didn’t like his funny accent.. poor me I miss his witty repertoire.. poor me I got fed up of him being right all the time.. poor me he insinuated my mate had hives.. poor me he had a heart of gold.. poor me he gave my granny worms.. poor me he’d never hurt a fly.. poor me he said posh people don’t wash their teeth and balls.. poor me he washed my teeth and balls..

poor fred

scaredypants

posh people don’t wash their teeth and balls..

😯
    I bloody knew it – he’s been blackballed by the bighitters club

Woody
    Free Member

Being apparently ignored by everyone would probably do some members some good (never did me any harm & I’ve been here for years ( ))

😆 +1

convert

Sorry, but anyone who has the time to post more than a dozen times a week or so should be questioning their life and then be getting one. Forums are much better places without most of these over-regulars irrespective of the views or peculiarities.

onewheelgood

I missed the thread that got him this ban, but I was just thinking the other day what a long time his current pseudonym had lasted. I don’t find him any more annoying than any of the othe ‘big hitters’, so I’d be happy to see him back. It is time for a new name though.

TooTall
    Free Member

His undoing was that he was he rather eloquent and effective

Oh, purleeeeeze. You can do so much better than that. Or did you mean to come across as a sycophantic wetpants with that post? If that was your intention, please accept my apology.

jota180
    Free Member

Sorry, but anyone who has the time to post more than a dozen times a week or so should be questioning their life and then be getting one

Oh, I dunno
    Some of us get paid quite well to keep posting all day every day, we can’t all have a job that keeps us to the grindstone all day.
    As much as we’d like to be micro managed into filling every second with profit making input, some of us just have to face the fact that we’ll never have a ‘proper’ job and just put up with getting well paid to post here.

It’s a tough job but someone has to do it.

DezB
    Free Member

Which presumably makes it perfectly acceptable?

Presumably? why presumably? I only mentioned it as someone asked if that was why he was banned.
    Course its not f-in acceptable you eye rolling twonk

yunki
    Free Member

joyless conservatives don’t like it up ’em..

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Is he not already on here under another username?

Jamie
    Free Member

Sorry, but anyone who has the time to post more than a dozen times a week or so should be questioning their life and then be getting one. Forums are much better places without most of these over-regulars irrespective of the views or peculiarities.

You do realise you have posted 7 times in the last 5 days, right?

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 214 total)

The topic ‘So, can Fred/Elfin be allowed back now please?’ is closed to new replies.