Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 214 total)
  • So, can Fred/Elfin be allowed back now please?
  • crikey
    Free Member

Course its not f-in acceptable you eye rolling twonk

Apologies DezB, I read as though you were excusing it.. Eye rolling twonk deserved..

scaredypants

was looking for the trademark dancing ghost thingy of freds, but this encapsulates the whole issue better IMO:

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Cant say I miss him.

His arguments and the pattern they always took as soon as he was being proved wrong were tiresome. His art arguments were laughable and naive.

He even aliented himself from the (excellent) HTN event today to the point he wasnt welcome.

Seemed a bit of a bell end to me but hey ho, the worlds full of em.

Some posters on here seem to know everything about everything – or so they think.

Jamie
    Free Member

He even aliented himself from the (excellent) HTN event today to the point he wasnt welcome.

Thought he was best mates with the organisers?

…or is that Big Bike Bash?

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Thought he was best mates with the organisers?

after he flamed them on numerous occasions over his entry…. I dont think so.

DezB
    Free Member

Everyone is mates with the BBB organisers 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

His art arguments were laughable and naive.

If ever there was a compelling argument for keeping him banned this must surely be it.

How dare anyone come waltzing onto STW with laughable and naive “art arguments”.

Coyote
    Free Member

How dare anyone come waltzing onto STW with laughable and naive “art arguments”

Post of the week. 😆

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I always thought this summed up the issue nicely…

Anyway… isn’t it about time a big hitter came along and de-railed this thread?

dogbert
    Free Member

I think you’ll find that this is the chat forum where anything goes the bike forum to get all geeky about which forks are best or whether these tyres will make you ride better, instead of actually riding is over here.
    Perhaps you’d like the mods to give you some sub-forums and a nice blue background too?

Ooh, well that’s me told

I think the point I was trying to make is that while this may be an “anything goes” forum, that does not mean that it has to become a tit for tat exchange or a continuous argument that lasts till the end of time – but then these arguments seem to go on forever because some posters on here obviously have nothing better to do with their lives than use this forum as a soapbox for their own views or hide behind a persona that they’ve made for themselves which they think gives them enough anonymity to say and do what they want while hovering over the report button every time someone has the audacity to challenge a “big hitter”

It’s just so tiresome and boring to see these long winded arguments at the top of the chat forum every single day which only end when the name calling starts

Jamie
    Free Member

Sticking my member into a hornets nest here, but who or what is/are a big hitter? Is it someone who posts all the time, or a combination of that and arguing the same issues?

Woody
    Free Member

Course its not f-in acceptable you eye rolling twonk

[quote]which only end when the name calling starts [/quote]

Observation fail

jota180
    Free Member

His art arguments were laughable and naive

Serious business this art stuff

I found Elf’s critique of post modern art to be particular naive if I was being honest
    And his appraisal of any Chinese sculpture was truly laughable

Jamie
    Free Member

And his appraisal of any Chinese sculpture was truly laughable

Well they do all look the same…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Sticking my member into a hornets nest here

I honestly don’t know Jamie. Supposedly I’m one and I never argue about stuff, well not on the internet… what’s the bloody point? Al coined the phrase to wind people up… maybe it’s someone who winds someone up?

yossarian
    Free Member

After a couple of recent semis, this thread has given me a proper, quivering, veiny stonk on

chiefgrooveguru

Sticking my member into a hornets nest here, but who or what is/are a big hitter? Is it someone who posts all the time, or a combination of that and arguing the same issues?

Isn’t it someone who posts so frequently and verbosely, whilst revelling in arguing about anything, that they cause any normal person trying to contribute to STW to feel like they’re attempting to converse in a room filled with megaphone wielding, ear defender wearing egotists?

jota180
    Free Member

Well they do all look the same…

Quite 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

Yossarian – did you get your screen name from the Meercat Manor TV series..?

I noticed an Uncle Yossarian on there this morning.. 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Isn’t it from Catch22?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

That old trick.

yunki
    Free Member

ah well.. that’s my cultural references well and truly laid bare for all to see… 😳

crikey
    Free Member

He’ll claim it’s from Catch 22 in an attempt to obtain some literatural style points, but I bet it’s from the meerkats…

yossarian
    Free Member

You bunch of **** paedoes!!!

Shit, sorry, but see how easy it is to accidentally say that? I feel like I understand a little better now.

Back to the burrow.

DezB
    Free Member

Observation fail

I tried

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Considering he was laways going on about art and had his own f’kin architechture thread its a valid point.

Dont know why I am justifying it ..

should have just typed “he comes across as a proper bell end”.

chakaping
    Free Member

He’d be proud of the way this thread has degenerated into a morass of pointless bickering.

His legacy lives on.

druidh
    Free Member

druidh
    Free Member

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Mods? Can you add ****, ****, ***********, **** and ***** also maybe ******* to the swear filter please?

druidh
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti – Member
    Mods? Can you add ****, ****, ***********, **** and ***** also maybe ******* to the swear filter please?

Wow! That was quick!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

They’re good aren’t they? Still surprised that effectively they’ve let a paging thread run for so long though.

Do you know anything about VO2 bikes by the way Druidh?

maccruiskeen

After a couple of recent semis, this thread has given me a proper, quivering, veiny stonk on

Stick it in a hornets nest

whimbrel
    Free Member

Margin Walker – Member

……… His art arguments were laughable and naive.

🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

How dare any minnow belittle the inner circle of big hitters.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’ll belittle your inner circle in a minute, Al.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ll be big in your inner circle.

iDave
    Free Member

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Margin Walker – Member

Considering he was laways going on about art and had his own f’kin architechture thread its a valid point.

Dont know why I am justifying it ..

It is a valid point if you think ‘laughable and naive art arguments’ is a valid reason to maintain a ban on someone, since that is the topic of this thread. Otherwise I can’t see the point of the comment.

I suspect that for you it is a valid reason, and you only want punters who share your own personal opinions and preferences. As suggested by your dismissive reference to his “f’kin architechture thread”, a hugely popular weekly thread.

BTW there is no second “ch” in architecture, it just sounds as if there is. And I have say that sort of semiliterate classic error gets right on my tits. It’s about time there was a clampdown, and those who drag STW down to shamefully low literary standards were banned.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Vo2? my neighbour stocks VO2 at his shop in Crystal Palace if you want to see one.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 214 total)

The topic ‘So, can Fred/Elfin be allowed back now please?’ is closed to new replies.