Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • So, any PR experts in da house – 'hypothetical' situation content….
  • marsdenman
    Free Member

So, lets say the MD of a regional business contacts you, one arm of the business has had a very successful 2009 (a financial measure) and he wants the press – including the industry publications to know – every business section editor likes a good news story and publicity would benefit other arms of the business….

Do you advise him…

a. publish it now, while the news is current
    b. publish first thing in the new year, good news for the new year and giving you the opportunity to bring the entire, smallish, workforce together to be in the publicity shot – after all, they all drove the sucesss…

you can tell this may be based on todays events and yes, I have my slant on this… 😉

MrNutt
    Free Member

new year, never enough good news! that said someone else may publish sooner, is it a scoop?

marsdenman
    Free Member

Nope MrNutt – not a scoop at all just good, old fashioned, good news…
    My vested interest – I'm one of the leaders of the little business group concerned, and I honestly believe we don't want the good news lost in the cack that leads up to crimbo – nor can we get all involved together until early Jan hence, I agree with you..
    However – directors pet PR says it has to be now…. 🙄
    Am I a PR expert – no – do I know that the truth should 'never' get in the way of a good story – yep…

Yours, frustrated of Yorks 😉

clubber
    Free Member

B is much better. No one will care about it right now. Start of the year is always slow for news too so anything decent will
    likely be published largely verbatim

walla24
    Free Member

new year…definately.
    Everyone is mental this time of year, use it as a moral/team booster for a productive new year.
    Make sure the pr 'expert' clears off though, dont want a half-baked attempt leaking out before then!

Big-M
    Free Member

New Year, anything published now will be lost in the Xmas festivities and be forgotten by the start of the year.

Publish it in the new year, great time to push good news and use this to launch more opportunities for 2010.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Nice to know it's not just me that thinks it's a bad idea to publish now….. 😀
    Dunno I can make a difference at this stage, but I'm gonna try……

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Director's PR chap says now, so you commit to pay him for the service this side of the year-end, to improve his figures also… 😉

marsdenman
    Free Member

Director's PR chap says now, so you commit to pay him for the service this side of the year-end, to improve his figures also
    yup, oddly enough that was another thought that had occurred…….
    pretty sure the PR is on a retainer so has to been seen to be doing stuff…. 🙄

avdave2

I'm glad it's hypothetical as in a hypothetical world someone might give a damn. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘So, any PR experts in da house – 'hypothetical' situation content….’ is closed to new replies.