Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • so, all you 'adventure/gravel/cx' riders – where do you carry stuff ?
  • thomthumb
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/pBCojF]photo 1(2)[/url] by thom1984, on Flickr

not been maintaing my bike so now have to carry all of this stuff! 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Paceman, what’s that bag you’ve got there please? I can’t find it on CTBMs site but it looks just the ticket for me. 🙂

cinnamon_girl
    bikebouy
    Free Member

Well I’ve just finished my “gravel” (cough) ride The Wessex Ridgeway, and I took my camelback with a spare tube, multi tool, couple of gels and bars, phone/wallet/keys, spare rain jacket, spare socks (overnight stay) my kit got dried out on the radiators of the B&B I stayed in.

Performed admirably, didn’t fill the bladder full (it carries 2ltrs) because it would be too heavy, jest of the junk I carried in it didn’t get used except a gel and bar.
    So that’s 105miles off road and I used a gel and bar.

Sometimes you can carry too much..
    😀

cinnamon_girl

Well done bb. 8) Looking forward to the trip report!

thomthumb
    Free Member

Was the ridgeway overgrown? Read on here recently, it was impassable in places!!

I rode it over 3 days a couple of years ago- it was generally ok…

Paceman
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl – Member

Here you go MrP:
    http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/sks-germany-front-triangle-bag-5223-p.asp

Very tempted myself.

That’s the one, made by SKS, it’s a great bit of kit for the money.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Cheers CG & Paceman. SKS means I can get it at trade price at work. Handy…!

cinnamon_girl

Just a wee comment on my SKS triangle bag (thanks Paceman for your pic and recommendation). Looks to be well made and useful.

It’s for my Tripster, size 51 so a small frame. I ended up with a long velcro strap on the seat tube which made it a little awkward for fitting a drinks bottle. Bottle is a small size, tried 2 of differing shape and managed to get one to fit in. To remove it you really need to undo the velcro strap.

Not ideal but not the end of the world either.

Interestingly I tried fitting it to my hardtail but interfered with the bottle cage on the downtube.

noltae
    Free Member

All the kit folk are strapping to their bikes by the looks of pics doesn’t look that heavy – you could put all that in a back pack with no loss off comfort – unless your perhaps doing over 200 miles .. I’m happy to use a back pack myself – I use a Crux AK 57 which is a climbing pack which shifts weight a bit more onto shoulders which I’ve found comfy up to about 10kg ..

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘so, all you 'adventure/gravel/cx' riders – where do you carry stuff ?’ is closed to new replies.