Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 121 total)
  • Snowwatch
  • Moses

08:15 and nowt in Bristol.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Drums fingers and waits

Metcheck is giving me 100% chance of snow at 9 o’ clock and its clouding over nicely.

Edit: Oooh, it’s starting 😀 I’m off out.

rotorist
    Free Member

08:16 Banstead, Surrey – 13 inches, it was nearly coming over the top of my wellies!

naokfreek
    Free Member

6″ in London, most I’ve ever seen since I lived here

The last time i can remember this much snow in london was around 1982, thus no work for me today (cycle courier) spoke to the office at half 7 and not suprisingly, anything on two wheels is staying at home….i can also see a tube train from my back window that has’nt moved for 50 mins…cool….wanna get out on the bike and take some photos though….fun fun fun!!!!

nickname
    Free Member

About 7″ in SE london where I am. Just one car attempted to drive down our road, pretty dangerous as none of the roads near me have been gritted.

joe1983
    Free Member

Nice and snowy in south Manchester, still drifting down ever so slightly. Went out about half six this morn on the bike throught the woods, listening to Sigur Ross. Twas grand.

naokfreek
    Free Member

My girlfriend spoke to our neighbour earlier, already been three crashes on the main rd near our house…..

Stu_N

2″ in West Lothian. Quite spicy driving to airport this morning at 6am – was meant to be in London today but City airport is closed so haven’t made it (don’t know why even bothered getting up early, should have canned it and stayed in bed – it’s bad enough on a normal Monday).

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

Surrey and still snowing.

I’ve got the day off and just got the sledge out!

will
    Free Member

^^^^^
    Bloody hell. Surrey has a nice blanket!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

OK, I made it in to work at 6.60 this mornig in about 7-8 inches of snow. I reckon there’s now a foot here and I might be stuck for a bit as all the roads are closing. It’s 7 miles, so if I’m still here at 2pm, I’m walking home.

I love snow, me!
    😀

Oh, I’m in the weighbridge in a quarry, and I can tell you for a random fact that 140kg of snow has fallen on the weighbridge in the last hour or so. I now have 340kg of snow on it!
    :mrgreen:

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Oh, another 20kg!
    😉

Trampus
    Free Member

Still falling in Lancaster (albeit gently!)

mrmo
    Free Member

after driving down the hill to work, i don’t think i will be driving back up the hill…

I am meant to be going on holiday on Wednesday FFS! will make getting kit from house to car interesting.

coffeeking
    Free Member

No snow here in Glasgow, well, none worth mentioning. Climbed Ben Lawes yesterday and fell into a few 2-3ft drifts then got stuck in a blizzard near the summit and turned back. Great fun, I love snow.

nickc

Few inches at best in Northamptonshire. Still snowing though, so I’m optimistic

Drac

Dumping it down now here. Ace!

Nickname that looks nothing like 7″ of snow.

mysterymurdoch
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – Member
    OK, I made it in to work at 6.60

Isn’t that otherwise known at 7am?

Snow around the east of Glasgow this morning… I don’t think I got above 30mph all the way through to west lothian from glasgow and it was more like 10mph most of the way. The snow started once out towards eurocentral, and there’s probably 4 inches of it on the ground now.

Go away snow…I got me other plans!

mudshark
    Free Member

I had to abandon my car down the road; I’m in Surrey – only drove my wife as she insisted she had to go to work.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Snow around the east of Glasgow this morning…

Really? I came in from the north east and didnt see more than half an inch dusting, and theres none on the motorway traffic cams all the way to Edinburgh! Talk about microclimates around here!

swamp_boy

5 – 6 inches in Herts now. Looks like a few cars have been out but not a lot moving

ziggy
    Free Member

About 2-3 inches here in Wiltshire

Yay! Off out to build a snowman!

Flaperon

It’s a sort of snowy drizzle here in Oxford. Wish I still lived in Leeds.

JoeBones
    Free Member

Peterpoddy clearing the road into the quarry earlier today…..

BoardinBob

No snow here in Glasgow, well, none worth mentioning. Climbed Ben Lawes yesterday and fell into a few 2-3ft drifts then got stuck in a blizzard near the summit and turned back. Great fun, I love snow.

Probably 1.5 inches in Shawlands this morning but none in the city centre.

boxelder

School’s shut in West Cumbria, but only a couple of inches of snow – so far.

jova54
    Free Member

In Guildford.

Was supposed to take Mrsjova to work at 5.30 this morning but I couldn’t get the car out of the garage so she abandoned that. Two daughters are both off work, one is a teacher and school is closed, other works in retail and can’t get to work because there are no buses or taxis and it’s too damend far to walk in 10 inhes of snow.

Took these about 7.30 this morning.

mrsflash
    Free Member

About 2ins in Leeds, am in work, it’s still falling.

Conor
    Free Member

Still sunny in belfast.

devs
    Free Member

Just the odd flake here in Moray. I think we’ll get it tomorrow and wed. Sitting here trying not to have schadenfreude at the chaos down south but failing miserably. Sorry, it’s just unbelievable how a little bit of white stuff can cause so much disruption.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

God only knows how many inches of snow there are out there but my road (Sarf Landan)) which is normally a very busy morning rat-run, is completely impassible and not a single vehicle had gone down it since yesterday – not helped by the fact that it’s on quite a steep hill.

Plus, it would appear that the Orange mobile network has gone down – which is bugger as I was hoping to arrange a bike ride later 🙁

snakebite
    Free Member

coming down hard now in Stoke….so glad I rode in on the proper bike today and left the commuter at home!!!!

mudshark
    Free Member

12″ in my back garden near Leatherhead, Surrey

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It’s grim darn Sarf!
    😉

nicholasnismo
    Free Member

Loads down here on the southcoast, getting out tonight for a ride up the downs ………..cant wait

dropoff

Its even settling down here in Somerset, Quantocks must be getting a good covering

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Proper fall here in deepest darkest Surrey.

I got up early and rode the 13.5 miles into work – boy, that was an experience. Got there as only one of three people on time and over 3/4 of the staff didn’t bother turning in.

Office manager called a bail out at twelve, and told us if it was as bad as it had been this morning again, to not bother.

Not that I’m one to turn down paid time off work, but if I can get off my arse and ride there and back through 8″ of snow then the **** who live within five miles could have walked in with east – **** southern pansies.

The look on the bosses face when I pointed out that in my old job, anyone who lived within five miles and didn’t turn in due to snow would have got an automatic written warning was a picture!

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Northern mug.

andrew
    Free Member

4″. It’s a start.

djglover
    Free Member

Is that what your wife told you?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 121 total)

The topic ‘Snowwatch’ is closed to new replies.