Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Snorkelling in the Canary Islands
  • zippykona

Any where that’s stand out good? Preferably from the shore and near a very nice hotel.

sadexpunk

snorkelling in the canaries i found was vastly underwhelming. not sure there is anywhere thatd be classed as good. but then ive been spoilt in thailand and egypt i spose 🙂

tonyd

This ^^^. The canaries are volcanic so there’s not really any reefs or anything interesting to see. I did a brief dive off the coast at Puerto Rico on Gran Canaria years ago and it was pretty barren.

ruffride
    Free Member

Been to most of the islands an the only one I found good for snorkelling was lanzarote beach had lots of fish an went to a lagoon that was very good but the place is crap Balearics are better i found for fish

zippykona

Ruff ride where’s good in the Balearics then ?!

ebygomm
    Free Member

I think it depends on your level of experience and what you’re after. Been snorkelling in Tenerife and Gran Canaria and found enough stuff to see to keep me interested but I have fairly low expectations 🙂

Some blurry photos

That’s an out of focus sea slug btw!

This is all close to shore.

hammyuk
    Free Member

There is plenty to see but it’s not really accessible from a tourist/snorkelling pov.
    The real life is deeper off the shore because of the volcanic nature

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I stayed in costa teguise in Lanzarote years ago and snorkelled every day. Loads of little bays around the coast which were excellent, and further out to sea was also interesting.

zippykona

We have ended up going to menorca instead so best spots there please!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Snorkelling in the Canary Islands’ is closed to new replies.