Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Snobby cyclists not minding their own business! (working class rant)
  • kudos100
    Free Member

Todays country walk with the kids was spoilt in the end.

Picture the scene. I’m out walking with the kids and they are collecting daffodils to give to the local old peoples home.

Some snob on a bike (a tandem to make matters worse!!) has the nerve to tell my kids off for picking wild flowers!

Understandably annoyed I tell this pompous idiot to do one. How dare he tell my kids off for picking flowers that are in abundance at this time of year. It’s not like they are an endangered species now is it!!

The middle class snobby idiot starts sticking his oar in so I tell him to get back on his tandem and piss off!!

He then has the cheek to tell me I’m setting a bad example to my children!! He has no idea I work two jobs and look after three kids all on my own. Little johnny is predicted straight A’s in his gcse’s, he will be the first family member to go to university.

Their dad had died 6 months ago and some of the flowers were going on his grave.

Some people should really mind their own business and keep their snobby middle class opinions to themselves.

druidh
    Free Member

Rubbish.

1/10 – must try harder.

Take a saw to them next time.

totalshell

hah i bet it was the 40% income tax that was really annoying the cyclist or the fact that the trail had nt been gritted.

kudos100
    Free Member

I did hear him moaning to his wife about the state of the footpath……

Gary_C

Troll.

🙄

pitduck
    Free Member

😀

Drac

Wasn’t bunnyhop then due to one small detail.

dyl
    Free Member

What’s “snobby” got to do with it?

I understand you disagree with the guy, but aren’t wild flowers (what with being wild and all) everybody’s business?

dyl
    Free Member

Ah I see.

Blimey, that’s a huge thread. I can probably get the gist from the first 5 posts (generally the case when a thread goes to 3 pages).

sofatester
    Free Member

This?

I’m out walking with the kids and they are collecting daffodils to give to the local old peoples home.

Or this?

Their dad had died 6 months ago and some of the flowers were going on his grave.

Have you had a sex change? Or where you a gay couple with adopted children? If the latter i am truly sorry for your loss.

1/10 – Even the other side of the event wasn’t that bad!

loum
    Free Member

If some weirdo approached my kids and started talking to them rather than me, I’d do the same. Most decent folk understand you don’t start conversations with others’ kids, no excuses, so you’re right to be concerned.
    Most importantly, hope the kids are ok. They all get a lot of direction at school these days on how to avoid dangerous situations with strangers, but you never know till it happens. Lucky you were with them.
    You did well to keep so calm in front of the kids. If they then went on to try to tell me that they know how to parent better… Well, just shows that they weren’t all there in the head.
    Did they have any distinguishing features? You should mention it to the other parents in the village, they might have approached some other kids. Worth being vigilant from now on.

avoid dangerous situations with strangers

– ‘Hey kid get on the tandem I’m a friend of your mum’
    – ‘No and I don’t care how many puppies you have’

molgrips
    Free Member

If some weirdo approached my kids and started talking to them rather than me, I’d do the same

Whoah, hold it right there.

Why can’t I talk to kids? Are they second class citizens or something and I have to go through their handler to obtain permission?

JCL
    Free Member

If some weirdo approached my kids and started talking to them rather than me, I’d do the same. Most decent folk understand you don’t start conversations with others’ kids, no excuses, so you’re right to be concerned.
    Most importantly, hope the kids are ok. They all get a lot of direction at school these days on how to avoid dangerous situations with strangers, but you never know till it happens. Lucky you were with them.
    You did well to keep so calm in front of the kids. If they then went on to try to tell me that they know how to parent better… Well, just shows that they weren’t all there in the head.
    Did they have any distinguishing features? You should mention it to the other parents in the village, they might have approached some other kids. Worth being vigilant from now on.

WTF if that crap is serious You’re a complete mentalist.

Edukator
    Free Member

Three threads in his/her history now to say Kudos can’t cope with other people being right.

justatheory
    Free Member

If some weirdo approached my kids and started talking to them rather than me, I’d do the same

Why can’t I talk to kids? Are they second class citizens or something and I have to go through their handler to obtain permission?

+1

Bez

loum, are you on crack or have you simply overdosed heavily on Daily Mail paedo-paranoia? If that’s your genuinely held opinion on the matter then it’s both quite disturbing and rather sad.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

– 1

Whilst riding home yesterday morning I spoke to a child of about 4-5 years old who was riding his bike in the park. Asked him if he wanted to race back towards where his parents were. Naturally he won (I was very tired and had run out of gels some time previous 😉 ). Brightened up my morning and I hope added a little to the kids morning too.

The parents didn’t seem to love it though as i got a very disapproving look, they obviously shared the view that it was better to teach the kid that all adults should be treated with fear and suspicion.

jota180
    Free Member

Stranger danger and let’s face it – you are a bit strange

just saying like 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Stranger danger and let’s face it – you are a bit strange

+1

Seeing as this is an open forum and you’ve asked that people keep their opinions to themselves… I think you’re mental and that your kids should be taken into care.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Was I the only one to see Loums post as satire?

mildred

Hilarious how many have missed the point. 10/10 dear boy.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

TJ, no you weren’t

redthunder
    Free Member

[hippy mode]Leave the flowers alone dude![/hippy mode]

So you’ve got to be middle class to look after flowers and the working class wreck everything.

PS Did you have permission to pick the flowers ?

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

love the bit about disgusting features, brilliant

paddy0091
    Free Member

Fair play for saying something, I would have done the same.

Just like when I saw some kids chucking stones at ducks…

Jamie
    Free Member

Was I the only one to see Loums post as satire?

That, and surely this whole thread is just an ‘ol fashioned STW switcheroo?

zokes
    Free Member

Edukator – Member
    Three threads in his/her history now to say Kudos can’t cope with other people being right.

Good to see your career in irony is continuing with great success

senorj

daffodilgate 😯

yunki
    Free Member

Phil Collins knows the score..

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I have to go through their handler to obtain permission?

Yes, IME.

After stepping in front of my supermarket trolley which she saw coming, small child jumped aside: “Sorry”.

Me, without thinking, as I passed, in a neutral tone of voice:”Well, don’t do it then”.

Result – confronted five minutes later by the father who threatened to punch my lights out.

I was later advised by someone who was also a parent, after relating the tale, that it wasn’t up to me to instruct someone else’s child – that’s the parent’s job.

konabunny
    Free Member

Me, without thinking, as I passed, in a neutral tone of voice:”Well, don’t do it then”.

Result – confronted five minutes later by the father who threatened to punch my lights out.
    This zero tolerance for smartarses thing has got me worried.

AndyP
    Free Member

Quality parenting. Poor child hasn’t got a hope.

yunki
    Free Member

Quality parenting. Poor child hasn’t got a hope.

I see what you’re saying but I’m not so sure.. I think some kids might benefit more from a fiercely protective father than they might perhaps from a deferential or scathingly judgemental one.. the child could even bloom in it’s environment..

I like to think that had I been the parent I would have used the opportunity as a nature lesson, perhaps attempting to study the anti-social woppits unfriendly bluster more closely.. maybe provoking it further with some good natured jeering.. the way a teacher might provoke an ant with a twig, to demonstrate it’s aggression to the class..

joao3v16
    Free Member

Why can’t I talk to kids?

Because it means you are definitely absolutely a child-molesting paedo and deserve to be killed to death many many times in a public place, after which the rest of your family should be humiliated and banished to the hills.

Not that people in this country are paranoid at all.

Ideally, all children should be kept in a windowless cellar until the age of 40 just in case exposure to ‘the real world’ causes them to have to learn how to deal with things.

AndyP
    Free Member

I think some kids might benefit more from a fiercely protective father \
    a ‘fiercely protective father’ wouldn’t let their child wander off in a supermarket. This one just sounds a thug.

zokes
    Free Member

I was later advised by someone who was also a parent, after relating the tale, that it wasn’t up to me to instruct someone else’s child – that’s the parent’s job.

Clearly they weren’t doing it very well then

yunki
    Free Member

This one just sounds a thug.

certainly a little over zealous.. 😀

sofatester
    Free Member

Can somebody please think of the flowers!

cupra
    Free Member

Quite a few daffodils species are protected by law regardless of their abundance and you are breaking said law if you pick them. Really, they are.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Snobby cyclists not minding their own business! (working class rant)’ is closed to new replies.