Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Smudge luminator alternative mount?
  • renton
    Free Member

Hi all.

I have a smudge luminator front light and I want to add a more robust mount to it instead of the rubber band.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a q/r bar mount that fitted to it?

cheers

Steve

rossp
    Free Member

Got mine mounted up with a hope mount, needed a small washer to fit well but its now pretty secure!

thorlz
    Free Member

As above, I have replaced the bar mount with a hope universal mount.
    Just needed a longer bolt and a washer. Does exactly as it should.

fbk
    Free Member

Hope mount here too – works perfectly

Burger

Got mine on an old Lumicycle clamp. Change of bolt/washer required again, but nice and sturdy. If/when you remove the supplied bracket (as used with rubber band) bear in mind that the old bracket provides both some strain relief and water proofing for the cable entry point to the lamp body. Got a tie wrap to hold the cable to the clamp and I’m happy with the result.

renton
    Free Member

!ve just found an old lumicycle mount in the shed, although its for normal bars not oversize? I wonder if lumicycle do the extra link bit still?

Burger can you explain a bit more or post a photo of what you mean about the cable etc please??

Why do i need to change the bolt from the one that is on the lumi mount ? does it not fit the thread on the light unit?

RustyMac

Pretty sure Lumicycle will sell the dogbone link separately, they had it on the site the last time I looked.

Burger

I can’t remember for sure which bolt I ended up using, probably the original lumenator one. I think the Lumi bolt is a bigger thread size, so needed another washer to stop the bolt head pulling through the plastic. The ty-wrap was just to stop any accidental tug on the cable from pulling it out of the lamp head unit.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Smudge luminator alternative mount?’ is closed to new replies.