Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Small pack for someone with a sweaty back?
  • thepurist

I've got a nice Deuter pack with their trampoline style back, which is great for ventilation but the trouble is that the pack is a bit on the big side for normal local rides. Fine for bigger days out where spare layers etc are necessary, but overkill for an hour or two nipping round the woods.

I prefer hydration packs to bottles and hate seat packs, so I'm looking for something smaller but with something like the trampoline style back – so far I've found one from Vaude but are there any other options worth a look?

wwaswas

Camelbak do smaller belt style packs that hold hydration bags – more designed for runners but they'd keep your back clear.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I looked for ages and couldn't find anything as good as Deuter in a smaller size. I didn't find that vaude though!

keavo
    Free Member

hydrapak air scoop race. sits on 4 stumps at the corners which hold the pack about 1 inch off your back.

odannyboy
    Free Member

smallest one that tescos do.was £9 but has rocketed to £11 now. mines still going strong a year later…

_tom_
    Free Member

I have the small tesco one and it's crap for stopping a sweaty back! Looking to replace it with something that holds it away from your back to allow ventilation, haven't really found much yet.

neninja
    Free Member

Check out the Wingnut hydration packs, they sit very low on your back.

tazzymtb

small saddle bag and bottle cage, no more sweaty back issues 8) with a backpack you're basically a rambler in disguise, I bet you have red socks and a bobble hat as well don't you 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Small pack for someone with a sweaty back?’ is closed to new replies.