Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Slightly OT – New Smart E-bike, looks nice!
  • funkrodent

Just stumbled across this. Certainly the nicest looking E-bike I’ve seen and from the clever people who brought us the Smart car to boot (did ya see what I did there 🙂 ). Obviously all E-bikes are currently impractical for what we love to do, but a time will come when they’re light enough for serious mountain biking. For me, I enjoy the climbing aspect of it all, but would anyone on here buy one if it was proved to be good enough?

Smart E-bike

Pieface

Would you buy a mobility scooter when you can walk?

I know people do, but when I see those e-bikes that’s the path down which I think those things open up.

boltonjon

You’d think that they’d get the riders in the adverts to wear helments

oxym0r0n

It’s got 26″ wheels so already obsolete 😉

funkrodent

I know, lack of helmets shock, horror!! And they’re German too. Surely it’s illegal not to both wear a helmet, and have a spare one in your pannier, in the fatherland?

On a more serious note, I suppose the on-going development of E-bikes will actually allow those less-abled to participate in cycling in general and mountain biking in particular. Can only be a good thing.

Surely those wheels are 650b?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I prefer their scooter..

ahwiles
    Free Member

how much?

i want one.

edit: £3k ish? – i can buy a moped for £2k…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Slightly OT – New Smart E-bike, looks nice!’ is closed to new replies.