• This topic has 44 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by BFITH.
Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Sliding 'pocket' doors….anyone installed one?
  • chickenman

I’ve fitted a few of these using a kit supplied by Hafele. The studs either side of the door are a finished thickness of 20mm IIRC (timber enclosed is steel to stiffen them) so you end up with a wall only about 70mm thicker than your door. Not that hard to do, kit was about £120 I think.

BFITH
    Free Member

One thing id mention is sliding doors are slow compared to a normal door. Using one for a kitchen might get annoying having to close and open it constantly as you cant really leave it half open and nip in/out like you would a normal door, or pull it closed behind you as you go through. Its very much a stop-open-step_through-stop-close-carryon

Point noted – although it will probably remain open most of the time unless I’m in full on Ramsay-mode.

[thinks out loud] I wonder if i can get a lock on the door too to stop people (mother in law) coming in/standing in the doorway/generally bothering me whilst i am being creative [/thinks out loud]

stumpy01

BFITH – Member

I wonder if i can get a lock on the door too to stop people (mother in law) coming in/standing in the doorway/generally bothering me whilst i am being creative

Ahem….

http://www.eclisse.co.uk/Door-Furniture/ECLISSE-Bathroom-Locks

dustytrails

I wonder if i can get a lock on the door too to stop people (mother in law) coming in/standing in the doorway/generally bothering me whilst i am being creative

You get that too…..bloody annoying eh! Decide to wash up to help but in reality wash the knives etc that you’re using (must be hereditary as the wife does it too)

BFITH
    Free Member

You get that too…..bloody annoying eh! Decide to wash up to help but in reality wash the knives etc that you’re using (must be hereditary as the wife does it too)

Yes and when she feeds our kids (which Im very grateful for…obvs) when were at work she uses my best Zwilling Henckels 4 star knifes and leaves them lying around (blunted) on the worktop/sink/dishwasher!! (shudders)

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Sliding 'pocket' doors….anyone installed one?’ is closed to new replies.