Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Sky installers
  • divenwob
    Free Member

What time can you guys start drilling on a Sunday?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

07:34

Sandwich

They please themselves as they believe that “the rules” don’t apply to TV distribution. It was a shock to the chap at the Beauchamp Tower when he was told to “**** off my site and come back when you have some ppe” by the supervisor.
    “But I’m from Sky”
    “I don’t care who you’re from, no ppe and no induction you don’t work here.”

wolly
    Free Member

Ppe? The guy that fitted ours last week had boots, hard hat, dust mask, goggles, harness, hi vis and was drilling anchor bolts for his ladder, he was fully suited and booted, are they employed by sky or subs?

jota180
    Free Member

8am is often quoted as a reasonable time to start – I tend to agree

alanl
    Free Member

Weekdays 7am until 10pm – from my Council when I had a noise abatement order against me (probably still have – how long do they last?)
    Weekends, no idea.

unovolo
    Free Member

When I was there hours of work were 8 till 6pm everyday of the week.

So 8am would be the earliest I would start drilling,even if it meant upsetting someones neighbours on a Sunday.
    When I got abuse(which you inevitable would) I told them that I’m just doing my job and report me to Sky and would offer to give them the number.

I would much rather be curled up in bed at the weekend rather that standing 15ft up in the air,freezing cold and p155 wet through getting grief off someone, hence another reason why I left.

Regards PPE, that is the onething Sky as a company are good at,you get supplied everything so if the guy on site didnt have any he was either a Subbie or couldnt be bothered using it.

Daffy

Who cares? It’s 5 holes and takes maybe 10-15 minutes, it’s not like they’re doing it every day. Live and let live.

divenwob
    Free Member

Started nailing clips at 7.40,drilling 7.50. He was fully protected PPE wise.I am more annoyed at my neighbours son who had booked him and given no warning.
    Daffy he was doing a full install in 3 rooms,routed externally(because it looks so nice), so a bit more than 5 holes and plenty of clips.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

I am more annoyed at my neighbours son who had booked him and given no warning.

The dastardly swine!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Should this not be in the hang over thread.

I could understand if it was somethjng that was ging to happen daily over 3 months.

If 20minutes work on a sunday morning and a couple of holes is the worst you hve to worry about with neighbors- well you got it good.

divenwob
    Free Member

Courtesy costs nothing.I only asked a question.

footflaps

Weekdays 7am until 10pm – from my Council when I had a noise abatement order against me (probably still have – how long do they last?)

How did you get that?

alanl
    Free Member

A cockerel.
    My neighbours are knob heads. Apparently their dogs dont make any noise, yet my cockerel does.

Cougar

It’s against the law to sound a car’s horn between 11:30pm and 7:00am. I’d be looking at those as absolute minimal limits for antisocial noise generally.

Though TBH I reckon if a neighbour fired up a hammer drill much before 8:30am I’d be pretty grumpy about it.

divenwob
    Free Member

Work in the construction industry and do not make a racket at all before 8 am in the week,stay quiet til 10am on a sunday or let people know prior to the event,been that way for the last 25 years.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Sky installers’ is closed to new replies.