Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • sky broadband
  • showerman
    Free Member

service is good as it gets 18meg but am i tied to their rooter or can i use my own
    sky rooter seems not to reach all the corners of the house unlike my old belkin

tinribz
    Free Member

I use my own netgear no probs but I’m not on that speed. Seem to remember needing a code but there are guides on forums.

Cougar

You can extract the password from it to put into your own router; there’s a web page that does it. Sky frown on it however and ‘may’ give you stick.

Alternatively, you can plug a second router in the first, with a bit of configuration wizardry (primarily, turning off DHCP).

TBH though, I thought this at first, but the Sky router is adequate for my needs. WiFi signal is a bit poxy but a different router isn’t necessarily the answer. Homeplugs and an AP might be a better solution.

showerman
    Free Member

thanks guys
    before switching my router was ace on signal just cannot get a good signal at rear. cannot use homeplugs or other things that use electrickery as they require to be on the same circuitry and i have my home on many different circuits.may just try moving router to middle of house see if that helps

Markie
    Free Member

I’m not sure home plugs need to be on the same circuit, just that they can can’t cope with fuse boxes… certainly my brother in law runs his across two now joined together semi detached houses and across to a barn and a shed – any chance of being able to borrow some and check?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘sky broadband’ is closed to new replies.