Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Sitting on the beach, minding your own business
  • BillyWhizz
    Free Member

psychle
    Free Member

que?

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

hehe 😛

molgrips
    Free Member

I see nothing.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

molgrips – Member
    I see nothing.

Try a different beach. The one under Fuente de Leon at La Manga is a favourite, as there's often PLENTY to see there…

thehustler
    Free Member

Zante by any chance? although it looks low even for there

j_me
    Free Member

Fake!

Rich
    Free Member

Not fake!

Mayo beach is well known for it.

iDave
    Free Member

eilat is the same, only with more betterness

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

They come in that low at Santorini too. I know because our hotel was 'conveniently placed for the airport'.

They didn't say 'conveniently placed so the holidaymakers making a landing could watch me curling one out on the bog'.

nicko74

They didn't say 'conveniently placed so the holidaymakers making a landing could watch me curling one out on the bog'.

legendary 😀 😯

MrSparkle

Blimey, that makes me feel old. Last time I was on Santorini there was no airport!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

hmmmm, I'm no engineer but I'd've thought that there might of been a bit of turbulance disturbing those sun umbrellas?

druidh
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti – Member
    hmmmm, I'm no engineer but I'd've thought that there might of been a bit of turbulance disturbing those sun umbrellas?

Ah – then let me explain.

That thing in the sky is an aeroplane. It is very, very big. It is also, therefore, very far away, The umbrellas are small and quite a lot closer…

ourmaninthenorth

Leblon and Ipanema beaches. Now that's where it's at. Hmm niiiice. 😀

yunki
    Free Member

They come in that low at Santorini too

are you sure they didn't send you somewhere else and just tell you that it was Santorini???

definitely no airport when I was there either.. doesn't bode well if they've built one.. I certainly won't be going back!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I think what you meant to say is 'yes I agree it is a fake'

DrJ

definitely no airport when I was there either..

Been there since 1972, apparently.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

are you sure they didn't send you somewhere else and just tell you that it was Santorini???

Hang on, been to so many islands I may have confused myself….

YOO HOO GOOGLE…

njee20
    Free Member

Can't see anything in the original post, but Rich's photo is definitely real, it's St Maarten. I've been, but didn't make it to the airport, was gutted! There's some epic photos from there.

Definitely no fake

Creg

There's footage of takeoffs too, people getting blown off the beach

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah, Santorini – we stayed in Kamari. It was actually a really nice place – I recall having some good kleftico in a taverna there.

yunki
    Free Member

Santorini, Greece… known to the locals as Thira.. big eff off volcanic caldera.. alledgedly populated by vampires?

Well bugger me sideways.. I didn't see a single plane in my whole three (sober) months there and I caught a ferry to somewhere with an airport when it got to hometime..

What the hell was I doing..? That must have been a stranger summer than I remember!

clubber
    Free Member

There was definitely an airport on Santorini in 1982 when I went there as a kid!

ourmaninthenorth – Member
    Leblon and Ipanema beaches. Now that's where it's at. Hmm niiiice.

Ipanema – nice – my parents lived over the road from the beach – next to the Caesar hotel. Spent a summer body boarding there 🙂

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

That thing in the sky is an aeroplane. It is very, very big. It is also, therefore, very far away, The umbrellas are small and quite a lot closer…

I'm not the only one now thinking of Father Ted and cows in a field am I?!?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I didn't see a single plane in my whole three (sober) months there and I caught a ferry to somewhere with an airport when it got to hometime..

I ferried there from Piraeus back in 1990 when Inter-railing/island-hopping (in fact I started my travelling exactly 20 years ago today – yikes).

When I went back there a few years ago we took a daytrip which meant going back to Thira (or Fira) harbour – still loads of studes travelling around, it brought back sooo many memories.

yunki
    Free Member

Great place… I ended up there in the midst of complete mental breakdown..
    I spent three months sleeping under the stars at Santorini Camping where I befriended a crazy Greek Canadian painter who used to earn his money by giving speeches in the square half in Greek and half in English.. three or four hour long stream of conciousness philosophical and poetic rants much to the delight of tourists and locals alike.. he made a fair bit of dough..

I miss gyros, good greek honey and frappes..

Paros was pretty cool too..

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yip – done Paros too, and Naxos 🙂 Only place I camped was Corfu (near Paleo….) and once in an emergency on some un-named island when we had to do an emergency docking due to bad weather.

Wonderful times.

john_drummer
    Free Member

they come in that low

Really? I wonder how they'd manage to land if they didn't 😉

donks
    Free Member

Princess Julianna Internation airport. Youtube has some cracking footage of planes coming in here. Theres one of people getting blasted into the sea from the beach when the thrusters fire up on a take off…. it's quality.

M6TTF
    Free Member

just come back from 2 weeks in Santorini in Kamari – the wind was up for a few days – made the planes coming in amuzing to watch, a few aborted landings and went back around for a second go 🙂

4 visit, love the place.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Sitting on the beach, minding your own business’ is closed to new replies.