Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Its arrived :) New Marmite HT Frame Content
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Sorry 😉 Yippee 🙂

Gordymac
    Free Member

Whats keepin you, get it built up.

Watching with interest 🙂

Gordymac

foxyrider
    Free Member

I only got it 30 mins ago 😉 Will be partly built by tonight I can say that at the very least 😉

Mister-P
    Free Member

30 minutes? That is plenty of time to get some parts on it.

Hornet600
    Free Member

Take your time and savour the moment. On my next build I'm going for photo book!

foxyrider
    Free Member

I'm at work 🙁 I shall take som nice build photos so I can – RE-savor the moments 🙂 – One of the best bits building up a bike 🙂 MMMMMM

theflatboy
    Free Member

the blue version's nicer 🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

Personal opinion flatboy 🙂 Although I do like the blue as well 😉

Hornet600
    Free Member

If you support Man City!!

foxyrider
    Free Member

There you go – Marmite post 😉

theflatboy
    Free Member

both look pretty nice, tbf.

vdubber67
    Free Member

I prefer the white… 🙂

Got a Pro2 version and love it. What's different about the '3'?

Gordymac
    Free Member

I would very much like one of these but i have to sell my Chromag Samurai first 😐

stumpy01

Very nice looking frame – I was considering getting a Kinesis Maxlight to build into a HT, but as it was meant to be a cheap frame to stick the bits from my old bike onto I settled for an Inbred. Perhaps I should have splashed the cash instead!

Oh, and I reckon the White & red looks better than the blue…

foxyrider
    Free Member

@vdubber – XCPro3

Using the same geometry as our New full carbon monocoque, 'Maxlight KM-810' race frame, the XCPro3 is totally new, this is not an XCPro2 facelift, it’s full blown re-constructive surgery! The XCPro3 is now more finely tuned, lighter and race ready than ever.

The welded gusset is gone, replaced by exclusive to us, Square section, SPF [Superplastic Formed] down tube, SPF top tube is also new. The carbon wishbone has a smoother, slimmer profile and a new layup for greater shock absorption and less weight. Cable stops are now all tucked away under the top tube.
    Hydroformed chainstays and machined dropouts are lightweight, laterally very stiff and dependable. BB shell is machined in centre to shave some extra grams.

The XCPro3 is light too! The 44.5cm frame weighs only 1520g!

New graphics and colours complete the package.

ackie
    Free Member

I want one too! But the large is just a bit too large and the Medium is just a bit too small 🙁

Need to get a demo on Large really…..?

foxyrider
    Free Member

I got the 50cm XC2 and this has a very similar geometry i.e. reach and lengths etc so I plumped for the medium 🙂

Taff
    Free Member

Ackie… I know what you mean as I'm the same but I've got a medium with decent layback on my post and it's a lovely little steed.

The white and red combo is soooo much better. If you're at work then today is going to be the longest day in the world for you!!!

foxyrider
    Free Member

If you're at work then today is going to be the longest day in the world for you!!!

Welll…..

I am going to the hosp for investiagtion of a chronic mucoid cough @ 2.30pm soooo 😉

ackie
    Free Member

It could be the ultimate bike for me but at 6'1" (185) with a 35" inseam I think I'm definitely inbetween sizes.

Oh and I prefer the white and red too 😉

foxyrider
    Free Member

yeh ackie – I see you dilema – I am 6ft with an inside leg of 32" (well trousers) 🙂

odannyboy
    Free Member

how much?
    £££?

Solo
    Free Member

Foxyrider.

Hi, ended up getting an XC2 frame in black,Large.
    (you replied to a recent thread started by me "What HT frame")

And…I had planned to start migrating parts from my old bike, onto the new frame, tonight !…

I won't get it finished though, new crank from CRC is still in the post 🙁

Would like to see the finished-build picture, when you're done.
    🙂

Cheers

S

foxyrider
    Free Member

@ odannyboy – £399

@ Solo – cool – nice one – great frame IMHO – very chuckable and solid and great value – had no issues at all with my XC2 after 2.5 years but wanted something a little softer on the backend and sl. more bling 😉 otherwise I would have stayed witht eh XC2 🙂

Will post – post-built pics when everything is assembled for def 🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

look forward to seeing the build pics; sounds like the consensus is you went for the better colour option too 😀

foxyrider
    Free Member

Cheers dudes – Will take some sequential shots – still waiting for seatpost collar and white grips 😉 But got 2 old sets to be going on with 🙂

DomMason
    Free Member

Proper [not photoshopped!] pics are now up here http://www.kinesisbikes.co.uk/product.php?id=59

They help to decide between the Blue and White! Or do they?

Detail pics are up too if you scroll down.

theflatboy
    Free Member

ah yes, good spot. the blue one looks even nicer in the real pic 🙂

frazer72
    Free Member

Regards frame size, had exactly the same issues I’m right in the middle of the frame options. Do I go med and use a 110mm stem and lay back? Or Large with in line post and 90mm stem. I'm 6'1 33 inseam.

My previous frames/bikes I normally go a bit smaller so i can throw them around but loose pedal stroke and using a the longer stem always make me feel a bit awkward.

I ride the KM810 frame (same geometry) and soooo pleased I went with a LG, I'm sat closer to the BB than would normally be and the short stem makes the steering so positive. The large has the deceptive feel of a 18" frame not a 20".

The bike is so trail friendly, which is brilliant as races are getting more and more technical these days. Its has perfect race geometry.

If anyone is down south near Brighton please come and give it a try. or if you see us at any races ask for a ride. We normally have an Lg and Med bike with us.
    KMP

Cheers

Fraze72

DomMason
    Free Member

Thanks Fraze! Be careful with his bike though!!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Last nights build pics – Not finished yet as had to go in to do some homework and eat dinner 😉

theflatboy
    Free Member

tyres, rims, valves. need i say more? 🙁

foxyrider
    Free Member

Whats wrong with the tyres and rims – I wasn't going to buy new ones of those – they are recycled 🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

nothing's wrong with them, just their respective logo alignments. i hate myself for even mentioning it, i don't care honestly!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Sorry wasn't an aggressive comment Flatboy – I intend to get alignment spot on for the official built pics on here otherwise I'll get slated 😉 I know you would not be the only one to comment on misaligned logos, long cable etc etc 😉

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Nice! My sort of bike – except it's not all black 😉

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Its arrived :) New Marmite HT Frame Content’ is closed to new replies.