Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • SIS REGO- Arghh (what the ****)- anyone else ‘tried’ this stuff???
  • hora
    Free Member

Duly emptied the sachet into a 500ml bottle of water and sank it back. Gawd, for an hour I felt gippy. Reminded me of the weight gain crap I used to drink briefly when weight training. What the ****. Horrid! Anyone else?

Spud

Quite like it, like Crusha milkshake!

phildowling
    Free Member

Wait till the wind kicks in………. 😳

AndyP
    Free Member

Wonderful stuff. But yes, ReGo farts are notorious…

crikey
    Free Member

Yep, makes me gip too, and gives you the most amazingly foul farts. But it works; means I can do hard 5 or 6 hour rides then get up the next day and do it again, or go into work not feeling wasted.

zaskar
    Free Member

Try the Strawberry Recovery-ace.

Rod

it uses soya protein, so if you don’t like the taste of soya milk (does anyone??!) you’ll find it quite foul (i do!)

it’s pretty basic stuff (unlike torq recovery and a few others) so cheaper and nicer to mix flavoured whey protein (the bodybuilders stuff) with plain maltodextrin powder…

hora
    Free Member

No wonder it reminded me of the body building stuff..

emac65
    Free Member

Great for cleaning your bowels out & good god does it make your farts stink…

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Mix it very well with milk, not water, and its not that bad..

But yes, just wait till the wind comes…

Jamie
    Free Member

This is what you get for deviating from bananas and the like 😉

Dougal
    Free Member

Rego always felt like drinking suspended sand to me, and generated horrendous wind as mentioned already.

High 5 Recover in ‘Gourmet Chocolate’ flavour is lovely with milk. Like a proper good milkshake.

Wookster

oh mate its hanging! I gave up on it half way through a ride! NOw on torq stuff much nicer but costs a bit more!

emac65
    Free Member

As dougal said, the High 5 stuff is much nicer & works better imo

AndyP
    Free Member

I gave up on it half way through a ride
    You’re not supposed to drink it on a ride…

0091paddy
    Free Member

It’s SIS, non of that stuff works. Just gives you an upset stomach.

martyntr
    Free Member

Lovely strawberry goodness 🙂

Not noted the Farts yet though..

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Quite like the banana Rego. Using High5 these days and the summer fruits is great when mixed with water or milk.

Both much nicer than the 2 Torq flavours I have tried. Chocolate Orange nearly made me barf.
    Everyone is different though.

hora
    Free Member

Just back from a ride round Rivington Pike – In no way did I notice my legs were dead, or tired etc. So, for me it works.

andywhit
    Free Member

and presumably you’re giving bingo a run for his money on the fart front ?

hora
    Free Member

He doesnt fart. He has an ultra-controlled diet (seriously!). Only allowed to eat one type of food with ocassional pears or carrots. Shame his owner doesnt have a similarly strict diet..

crazy-legs

Vanilla ReGo is nice but it’s not as commonly available as the Chocolate, Strawberry or Banana for some reason. I mix it about 80% water, 20% milk, works for me. It’s really good mixed up in homemade fruit smoothies too.

ReGo is the only SIS stuff I like, their gels are horrible.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i use powerbar ,”lion bar” protein shake … Tastes good unlike the others …

i have in the past tried rego and like dougal through it was grainy …even when stuck through a smoothie maker !

i used to use whey protein but since trying the lion bar stuff im hooked … tis like a chocolate fudge milk shake and quite morish !

mildred

Go electrolyte is the only SIS stuff I can stomach (mmm watermelon), though most ‘sports nutrition’ products make me fart like thunder.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

tastes like hoop juice……

i go down to my local holland&barrett and get whey protein for post-ride suppliments, the strwberry tastes like a macdonalds mikshake! mmmmmmm

still have a 500g tub of rego in the cupboard!

Mister-P
    Free Member

I have no problem with strawberry Rego. Has to be made with chilled water and mixed very well though.

Northwind

Yeah, I use the strawberry rego sometimes, it seems to work and it’s perfectly nice to drink. I reckon if you make it up slightly thick, it tastes better, if it’s think it’s a bit bleh.

OTOH it might actually be no better than a bottle of chocolate milk, which is nicer.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Aren’t a lot of these product little more than snake oil,though? Like those silly spensive ‘Pro-biotic’ yoghurty drink things?

IE; you could probbly find something far cheaper, and just as good, but not all fancily wrapped up as ‘dynamic sports recovery energy system’ or whatever bullshit the manufacturers use to get gullible mugs to buy it…

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

i cant stand most SIS stuff, much prefer Torq, each to there own and all that……..

Digimap
    Free Member

What’s the cheesy piccie for?

Biffer
    Free Member

Agreed that having it chilled is the best way. Vanilla I think is the best (if you can call it that)

Certainly not the best tasting stuff but it really seems to work, always take some if I know I am riding the following day. I find I have to take it within 30 minutes of finishing or else the effect isn’t as good.

Jamie
    Free Member

Digimap – Member

What’s the cheesy piccie for?

Yeah, what is that all about?

Digimap
    Free Member

Since we’re doing pictures I’ll drag it up a notch with this one:

julianwilson
    Free Member

^^ As her legs went crazy with agonising cramp, Shirley wished she’d taken peoper elctrolytes with her to SITS.

oh, and yes Rego makes me fart like the Devil too. But i still feel better otherwise.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘SIS REGO- Arghh (what the ****)- anyone else ‘tried’ this stuff???’ is closed to new replies.