• This topic has 87 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by mrmo.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)
  • Sir Ryan Giggs
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I suspect Kenny Dalglish will be getting a knighthood fairly soon, this year probably. And Bob Paisley cant get one because he is dead.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

why can’t you accept with dignity the achievments of Giggs?

Because they’re not sufficient to earn a knighthood when compared with others who have achieved more as people, and yet haven’t received equal reward themselves.

Why can’t you accept that with dignity, eh?

I’ll tell you why. Because the word ‘dignity’ doesn’t figure in the vocabulary of a Man U fayn….

Seriously, don’t start.

donsimon
    Free Member

I’ll tell you why. Because the word ‘dignity’ doesn’t figure in the vocabulary of a Man U fayn….

Bless.
    Scouse dignity humour dignity dignity.

loddrik – Member

Bolloc to Ryan giggs. Where’s the knighthoods for bob paisley and kenny dalglish…????!
    Why don’t you use some of the intelligence you want us to believe you have by not stooping to the level of others? Characterising all Man U fans the same is a mistake, I’m beginning to think that all Liverpool fans are ignorant and bitter.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – behave yourself.

Did you not here about the proposals to get Kenny Dalglish knighted? Some bunch of MPs are putting forward an early day motion to hopefully see that it happens. Was announced at the Hillsborough memorial service.

donsimon
    Free Member

Elfin says

Man U fayns need to understand just what Kenny has achieved within the game,

Junkyard says

Reasonable shout re Paisley and Kenny though

Elfin says

Stop being so blinkered and thinking Man U are the only team that exists.

I’m just confused as to who is blinkered…

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Don Simon – stop trolling.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’m just confused as to who is blinkered…

You, and any Man U fayn who thinks Ryan Giggs deserves a knighthood.

OBE or something, fine. He’s got a fair way to go before he deserves a knighthood though.

donsimon
    Free Member

Surrounded By Zulus – Member

Don Simon – stop trolling.
    You wouldn’t know a troll if it carried a sign saying “I am a troll” before poking you in the eye then running to hide under its bridge!
    Oh hang on!

You, and any Man U fayn who thinks Ryan Giggs deserves a knighthood.

Do behave.

RustySpanner

For what it’s worth, I think both Paisley and Big Ears both deserve Knighthoods.
    They may have been offered them and turned them down, who knows?

Promoting Dalgiesh’s case by denegrating Giggs’ achievements is a bit off though Elf.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ohh, don’t get yer knickers in a twist love! 😆

Dare to criticise anything to do with Man U, and look at the reaction… 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

Ohh, don’t get yer knickers in a twist love!

Bless.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Be quiet and watch the game. Is watching your beloved team soo boring that you have to resort to arguing with someone on tinternet? 😆

Typical….

BoardinBob

If Bacon Face got a knighthood for ‘services to football’ (fair enough, not disputing that), then Dalglish definitely does. 11 league titles with Celtic and Liverpool as a player, 4 as a manager with Liverpool and Blackburn, 3 European cups, 10 domestic cups, 230 goals from 559 club appearances and 30 goals from 120 games for Scotland. Somewhat eclipses Giggs’ total there.

Hardly “eclipses”

Dalglish – 10 league titles (between Celtic and Liverpool)
    Giggs – 11 league titles

Dalglish – 10 domestic cups (between Celtic and Liverpool)
    Giggs – 8 domestic cups

Dalglish – 4 international cups (between Celtic and Liverpool)
    Giggs – 5 international cups

Dalglish – 5 community/ charity shields
    Giggs – 8 community/ charity shields

So by my reckoning Dalglish won 29 trophies, whereas Giggs has won 32 so far with another 2-3 trophies a reality this season.

Yes Dalglish has a fine managerial record, but as Giggs is still playing you can’t count that against him.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Don Simon – are you really telling me that I wouldnt know a troll when I saw one – seriously?

Elfin – I am a liverpool and have been for a hell of a long time. I think that Ryan Giggs deserves a knighthood.

The Kenny Dalglish knighthood thing is more to do with what he has done outside of the game…

trailmonkey

Why do most (not all) Liverpool and Man Utd fans always behave badly and spoil the football threads on here ?

Is it because most of them are trying really hard to prove their credentials because the obvious ones are missing ie they never actually go to see their clubs/come from Liverpool or Manchester?

donsimon
    Free Member

Be quiet and watch the game. Is watching your beloved team soo boring that you have to resort to arguing with someone on tinternet?

I’m not arguing sweetheart. I’m just pointing out that you are a bit hypocritical in your attitude and when the tables are turned you resort to little sideswipes and childish insults, and let’s not forget the obligitory 😆 to show everyone that it’s a big joke. 🙄 I can do smileys too.

Junkyard
    Free Member

its not trolling it is a perfectly reasonable question to pose to elfin I accpeted he had a reasonable shout re liverpool players/anagers – yet I a blinkered then he goes off on one about me and other an u fayns being blinkered when it is he who can see the football world only through anfield shades

Dalglish definitely deserves one. 11 league titles with Celtic and Liverpool as a player, 4 as a manager with Liverpool and Blackburn, 3 European cups, 10 domestic cups, 230 goals from 559 club appearances and 30 goals from 120 games for Scotland. Somewhat eclipses Giggs’ total there…

eclipses is way to strong a claim

he has collected 11 Premier League winner’s medals, four FA Cup winner’s medals, three League Cup winner’s medals and two Champions League winner’s medals. ….
    On 16 May 2009, he became the first footballer to collect 11 top division English league title medals. Giggs was the first player in history to win two consecutive PFA Young Player of the Year awards (1992 and 1993) and is the only player to have played and scored in every season of the Premier League.[5]

he has hardly been eclipsed by Daglish has he ? Robbie savage or the current liverpool team YES but they both have very impressive records and we could debate which is the better. Certainly Daglish was a trully exceptional player and one of the very best to play for pool and [ behind law??] the best player to play for Scotland

Yeah, your mob are so perfect, aren’t they?

Stop being so blinkered and thinking Man U are the only team that exists.
    here one for you
    Man u players have cheated [rooney dive to beat the arsenal invincibles was shocking] Players have conned refs and done tackles that deserved red cards hounded refs and behaved quite poorly on and off the pitch
    Your go to insult the Pool 😆
    Good goal by City poor error by Carrick
    EDIT: sorry for rehashing record was watching the game whist typing

donsimon
    Free Member

Don Simon – are you really telling me that I wouldnt know a troll when I saw one – seriously?

I’ve already told you that you’re not a particularly good troll imho, others do get dragged in though. 😉

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I’ll give you a bit of honesty about Liverpool – Gerrard dived to get the penalty in the champions league final in 2005.

Junkyard
    Free Member

2:47 in and you are right great game though he was some player that game
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WdY6OI2uXg[/video]

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

BorinBob; you’re excluding another league title at Liverpool Dalglish won as player manager, and 2 of the ‘international’ cups Man U have won are little more than exhibition tournaments which weren’t around when Dalglish was playing. Exclude them, and the totals are about even, yet Dalglish has also achieved success as a manager. By ‘eclipsed’, I meant his goal tally. You can’t argue with that.

SBZ; I think he needs to achieve more personally to be considered for one, but an OBE or whatever is fair enough. His ‘achievements’ are as part of a team, not so much as an individual.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

If he doesnt deserve one then Chris Hoy doesnt either.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What a disgusting challenge from Scholes there. 🙁

SBZ you fool; Gattuso clips Gerrard’s foot. Clearly. Watch it again.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I don’t think Paul scholes should get one for that challenge.!

Junkyard
    Free Member

WAVES 😆

I meant his goal tally. You can’t argue with that

Your are right we cant argue that the striker has scored more goals than the winger.
    Want to crticies the Liverpool yet whilst slagging me off for my highly skewed view?
    Has gerrard ever dived elfin?
    deserved red card Game over

SBZ are you back to trolling 😆 Is chris not the first Britain to get three at one Olympics?

donsimon
    Free Member

I don’t think Paul scholes should get one for that challenge.!

I disagree. 😈

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah but that’s cos you’re the sort of ‘fayn’ that think it’s ok for players to deliberately injure others. 🙄

Typical really…

donsimon
    Free Member

See, I said you were lacking intelligence and were blinkered.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ooh, should’ve bin a penalty to City there, actually. And where TF did 5 added mins come from from?? 😯

Junkyard
    Free Member

so two manu fans say it was red but elfin still cant say anything bad about pool or answer the simple question about whether gerrard has ever dived whilst slagging us as blinkered and lacking dignity.
    QWALITY as always Elfin
    relatively deserved result 😥 berbatov should have scored

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh shut up Junky you’re really boring.

Let’s have a nice happy sing-song instead! 😀

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXb2a0WQek4[/video]

trailmonkey

excellent game.

fair result.

donsimon
    Free Member

Esa es la vida.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Oh shut up Junky you’re really boring

is that some more of the legendary liverpool dignity that manure fayns lack elfin? you criticise me for things that are really your issue you cant critices liverpool can you so you strike out rather than having a look at yourself 🙄 A huge achilles heel that you must be able to see tbh.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Pukka! Firefox is on Five USA! 😀

Remember; think in Russian…

BoardinBob

you’re excluding another league title at Liverpool Dalglish won as player manager

No I’m not according to these stats which include the 85-86 season in the 10 league titles he has won

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_Dalglish#Playing_honours

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I was actually going to post something sensible on a soccer thread, but Fred’s pic above made me realise I must watch Firefox instead. Sorry …..

Junkyard
    Free Member

I was actually going to post something sensible on a soccer thread

FFS you will be reading the Guardian next 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

It really is a shame, I used to enjoy the football debates I/we used to have. When I lived in Didsbury (that’s in Manchester) and visited friends in Toxteth (that’s in Liverpool Elfin) there were some great chats and excellent banter about the football between the season ticket holders of both clubs followed by some great nights drinking and dancing. Shame that not all Liverpool fans can be like that, no bitterness, no plastic support, no childishness.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

plastic support

So how are you getting back from Wembley tonight then Don? 😉

So, let’s recap; Someone suggested Ryan Giggs should receive a knighthood, I disagree and put the case for someone I think is more deserving, so some folk get all arsey and then it descends into mud-slinging.

And you wonder why I don’t want to waste my time with your rubbish?

Film’s on. Shh now.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Sir Ryan Giggs’ is closed to new replies.