• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Sam.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Singular Hummingbird
  • shortcut

I am toying with the idea of getting one of these. Probably in 69er guise with the supplied rigid forks.

So, what are they like? Does anyone have one? Any pics?

Ta

SC

shortcut

someone must have one of these?

Hairychested
    Free Member

Once of those? I like.

tankslapper
    Free Member

What's wrong with this?

shortcut

Hairychested – yes, one of those. Is it yours? Whats it like to ride and own?

Tankslapper – its made of aluminium and i reckon steel is nicer on a hardtail. I do quite like those though, and love the paint jobs off the originals with the Maverick forks.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

the hummingbird is a new model for 2009 and the trek 69er is being discontinued in 2009. i know which one id get between the two…..

you could try a carver, the original 96er, some good deals on current stock…….. rockstarracing@hotmail.co.uk

nuke

Was very interested in the Hummingbird but, after emailing Sam back in March, found it was going to be best suited to 80mm to 100mm suspension and I was hoping for 100 to 130 but having just checked the website, its now stating 100 to 120. Might just be the photos on the Singular site but the head angle looks steep though.

Bizarrely, last week I bet my wife a Hummingbird frameset if a house similar to the one we'd just missed out on came up before our house sold…our house just went under offer and no similar houses have come up 😀

Ed-O
    Free Member

Got one in a box at home waiting to be built up. That's not much help is it.

My lad Nial won it for himself at SSUK09 and will be building it up as soon as I collect all the parts for him. Think I will be having few goes myself.

bent_udder
    Free Member

The local shop to me (Head for the Hills in Dorking) has one – it's the owner's personal ride, and was the one tested by STW. A very nice bike – if I'd not bought a Genesis Io frame a couple of weeks before I saw the prototype, I would have got one.

The good (or bad) thing about it is that you can use it rigid as a 69er, or put 26" wheel suspension forks on it for a 'normal' ride – a really nice option, as far as I'm concerned.

Welds look tidy, and it has a look of 'rightness' to it, IMHO. run gears of not, rigid or not, 69er or not – there's not much to dislike in the idea. Also the dark green colour matches one of the custom Magura fork colours.

tomwod
    Free Member

just got mine built up and IMO it looks lovely. as bent_udder says – it just looks right. not had a proper ride yet, but feels nice so far. not got a big front wheel yet either so can't report on that.
    i'll put a pic up over the weekend if you want to see

myheadsashed

wrongwrongwrong 😥

shortcut

tomwod – pics are always good. becoming quite convinced about this idea.

Sam

I've got a few in the shed… The head angle on production bikes is a bit slacker than the protos. Where are you shortcut? May be able to sort out a test ride if you fancy.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Singular Hummingbird’ is closed to new replies.