Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Singletrack7
  • Toasty

Surprised not to see more about this on here, anyone going?

https://www.fulcrum-events.co.uk/singletrack7

Looks like a good laugh, £30 for solo entry too!

jekkyl

great thanks. is it hosted on public trails?

cynic-al
    Free Member

6km laps for 7 hours!

Toasty

You technically only have to complete one and, if you go solo, you can leave the course and return too. Couple of days of camping and a bit of bike riding for £30 seems alright by me.

Tragically I’ve always quite liked the familiarity of riding around in circles dozens of times, too many trail centers, not enough natural I think 🙂

steve_b77
    Free Member

Much like my duplicate thread, I’m in 😆

Northwind

As long as it’s a good 6km that’d be grand, I’d rather do 13 laps of a good 6km course than 8 laps of a rubbish 10km course.

(If 11km is OK for 24 hours then 6 should be fine for 7)

honeybadgerx

I’m hoping it builds up gradually to a 24hr event.

RIP Sleepless in the Saddle & the jump of DOOM.

Toasty

Loved Sleepless, hoping this has a similar vibe to it 🙂

Rubber_Buccaneer

6K does seem a little short, busy if there are a lot of riders. Similar format to Big Dog and that is fun (could be more like a 12K lap?) Tempted to enter but it’s right up north, above Birmingham 🙂

teamslug
    Free Member

Might enter this as a warm up for mayhem. Does anyone know if the campsite will take a 20 foot+ motorhome.

jonny-m
    Free Member

Camping area is usually huge at Catton Park
    More than enough room

teamlard
    Free Member

Great News.

Well this has got ‘TEAM LARD’ out of retirement….looking forward to it.

Our last event/race was the 12 hour event at Trentham Gardens that Patrick put on, which Chipps did too (Can’t remember the event name)
    Wonder if this one will have a Le Man start too….

Hope their is a short (whiskey) short cut option too as I’ve gone of Beer!

Right, where can I get new V brake pads from in case its muddy……..

chilled76
    Free Member

Think I’m entering this as a pair.. What’s this beer shortcut all about?

tomhoward

Would like to have done this, but I’m away 🙁

tomhoward

Edit: going away on the Monday now, see yall there!

kerv
    Free Member

Bit of a dilemma now as I’ve already entered the Wild Boar Chase at FOD on the same day,.

tomhoward

Anybody else entered?

Weather looks less than glorious for sat but ideal for Sunday!

grenosteve
    Free Member

I’m in. 🙂 I’ll be the slow guy on the blue surly.

flyingmonkeycorps

I’m in. I’ll also be slow on a red 456.

TheOtherJamie
    Free Member

I’m in, Another slow one on an orange, Orange Clockwork.

tomhoward

Well, that was bloody brilliant. Thanks to all the organisers, marshalls and sponsors for putting on a great event, thanks to most of the quick boys for not being dicks when faced with a mobile chicane, and to the chap on the orange cannondale who offered me some energy bar when I was looking like death perched on a bike.

Tom (black and blue pivot, pink morvelo f*** cancer socks)

Same again next year?

phiiiiil

Completely agree, that was a really fun day out. The course was great, the first bit of singletrack was lovely, the weather was super, the spiral thing at the end was jolly silly, and in my opinion it was just the right length… long enough to be tough but back home in time for tea!

I think the commentator was talking the mick out of my bike though… I remember when you couldn’t move for white 26″ steel inbreds, you’d come out of a loo at a race and have a choice of several… simpler times!

Hells

Well said! Great day out, would love to do it again next year, but without the foam please! It made braking for the first third of thae next lap interesting!!!

jonny-m
    Free Member

Yep, enjoyed my 20 solo laps, battered now though.
    Ditto ref the foam, brakes took a while to recover!
    Great day, made even better by the weather
    Thanks to all who organised

Mark

Sorry about the foam. Doesn’t seem to bother the cx racers. But that is clearly down to the lack of disc brakes there. It did look good though 🙂 No foam next year. But definitely more beer shortcuts.

flyingmonkeycorps

Big thanks to all involved, thoroughly enjoyed it (though the next few corners after the foam were interesting).

Massive well done for 20 laps jonny m, I’m ruined after 8 as my team contribution!

Hells

Sorry about the foam. Doesn’t seem to bother the cx racers. But that is clearly down to the lack of disc brakes there. It did look good though No foam next year. But definitely more beer shortcuts.

Have to admit it was fun to ride through!! 😀

fatboyjon

Yep, great fun event thanks folks. Feeling surprisingly OK today considering I haven’t ridden for over 3 hours in about 8 months and probably over 2 years since I last rode for 7. I’m not sure I should be quite as proud as I am that my 2 prizes at the presentation were for drinking lots of beer and not littering my cups on the floor but at least I left the podium free for skinny types.

My kids spent the whole day ringing cowbells, screaming, demanding wheelies and high fives, chanting random things (I say single, you say track. Inspried) and generally loving it all. Thanks to the crepe and ice cream vans for maintaining their energy levels. They were both pretty exhausted last night and I’m glad they’re at school and pre-school today so they’re teachers problems, not ours!

The course was great fun, plenty of twisty singletrack and no real sign the usual long dull stretches that seem to be added to so many courses on similar events just to put the lap distance up.

Agree that the foam caused some disc brake issues which was interesting as it was probably the first little quick part of bluebell woods before I had to use them and realised they didn’t work, all part of the fun though.

Big thanks to everyone who attended for making it all fun and huge thanks to everyone involved in making it happen for putting on a grand event.

teamslug
    Free Member

I’ll second the comments above. Great course. Climb out of Bluebell Woods was brutal. I think I did 15 laps. First time my lad has been to an event and really gave the cowbell some hammer. Hope the guy who came off on the skinny ramp was ok. Mrs Slug said his knee was really badly swollen.

grenosteve
    Free Member

It was an awesome race, right length, right amount of fun trails and perfect weather.

In our team I was basically taking up the slack for an hour at a time to allow my bro (much, much faster than me) to recover ready to put some serious laps in. I was doing 2 laps an hour to his 3! Think we had 18 in total.

Really enjoyed the first bit of single track, we don’t get anything like that around here. Didn’t enjoy the short grassy climb after it, but refused to push up it even once.

Glad I didn’t have to deal with that foam on any of my stints (and glad it wont be back).

Definitely regretted running a ridged bike towards the end, the dried horse trails and braking bumps took their toll!

Had loads of fun, but I’m absolutely wrecked today! looking forward to next year. 😀

tomhoward

TBH I didn’t have any issues with the foam, though my pace was such that I wasn’t using my brakes as much as everyone else 😳

LS
    Free Member

Great event (I caught the very start of the foam and lining up for the subsequent hurdles was ‘interesting’) but really needs some kind of chip timing. Not being able to see what’s going on ‘live’ makes any kind of strategy impossible and the solo men’s race was vastly altered without it.

But the sun shone and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves so it’s all good!

jonny-m
    Free Member

Correction from above it was only 17 laps.
    Garmin was getting confused, probably after riding round in circles near the start/finish area

flyingmonkeycorps

Still more than double what I did so still big kudos 😉

wenanwhere
    Free Member

Good stuff: event setup, atmosphere on course, marshalls, beer shortcut (so long as you aren’t a keen racer who sees it as a chance to tap half a sip and use it as a shortcut!)

For next year: no foam please, less grassy lumpy fields (that would turn to a horror show if it rained), live timing, some commentary in the pits during the race, bigger jumps, run the event on a Saturday and people more likely to stick around after for prizes/food/beer etc

I saw sold out during the week, was it actually sold out or the entries were just closed out of interest?

Thanks to singletrack for putting this on and nice to meet fellow Bury bred Ross over a beer whilst I avoided a final lap in the paddock of waiting shame!

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Singletrack7’ is closed to new replies.