Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Singletrack World Trail Guide
  • swoosh
    Free Member

I have just been looking at the Trail Guide on this website for a few ideas for rides this summer but it hasn’t been updated for over 2 years.

Anyone know if there are plans to update it with some of the routes from the past 2 years of the magazine?

singletrackjon
    Free Member

Hi Swoosh,

We do have plans to revamp the Trail Guide in the (near) future but it’s been somewhat neglected over the past couple of years.

As you’re a Premier Subscriber, you have access to our Mag Archive which has downloadable PDFs of the magazines and GPX files for most of the routes we’ve done over the past 10 years.

We understand that’s not as useable as the Trail Guide layout, but we’re going to work to turn the TrailGuide 2.0 into an easily accessible archive of magazine routes (available only to subscribers) and keep some form of user submitted reports for trail centres or other routes.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Swoosh, in addition to the above STW users here are generally very helpful in suggesting routes. I got some excellent Peaks loops that way.

matt_outandabout
    hunta

@singletrackjon, I’ve been looking into something to meet a similar need for my local club, and came across http://www.ridewithgps.com. Great tools for mapping and storing routes etc. I contacted them asking whether it’s possible to make routes private for groups and control group members, and they came back basically saying they’re working on it.

That said, it’s the closest I’ve found yet, and would save STW the hassle of having to reinvent the wheel. Maybe approach them and see if they’d partner up?

singletrackjon
    Free Member

Cool, thanks for the suggestion Hunta. It’d be really nice to do something like that, so we’ll definitely explore that option.

I’d give another recommendation for using the forum if you want some route ideas – there’s a massive amount of knowledge and experience on here.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Singletrack World Trail Guide’ is closed to new replies.