Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Singlespeed hubs
  • g5604
    Free Member

I am looking for a 135mm screw on freewheel hub QR to use with something like a halo clickster, ideally without disc mounts, any recommendations?

jonathan
    Free Member

Surly would fit your needs – they do pretty much all the flavours (inc 135mm non-disk, hollow axle, freewheel). About 65 quid I think. Had some way back and they were nice hubs.

amplebrew

Paul Comp non disc WORD.

I’m running a Paul Comp disc WORD on my SS and its been a really great hub.

simon1975

Lots of options for you if you look at trials hubs:
    http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/135mm_fixed_hubs/c21.html

[Edit: obviously you need to choose a threaded not splined one]

Don’t tend to come with skewer but some have hollow axles for a QR. Can’t recommend a particular one, though. I didn’t like the Surly hub (it ate bearings), prefer basic On-one and DMR hubs.

The Paul one is lovely, of course.

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

@amplebrew – did you get the WORD from JRA? I’m currently hovering over pulling the trigger – i’m torn between the WORD and the White Industries ENO build myself….

I heard bad things about reliability of Surly although they were on my list originally.

g5604
    Free Member

paul comp looks great, but probably out of price range.

amplebrew

wonkey_donkey – Member

@amplebrew
    – did you get the WORD from JRA? I’m currently hovering over pulling the trigger – i’m torn between the WORD and the White Industries ENO build myself….

I heard bad things about reliability of Surly although they were on my list originally.

Yes, JRA built up my Paul Comp / Dually wheels I’m currently running on my Jones SS.

The Eno hub is a bit dearer, but don’t think there is much in it.

Edit –

g5604 – Member
    paul comp looks great, but probably out of price range.

The Paul Comp hub is £89 in black or £96 in polished. I think they’re pretty cheap for the quality; I think a CK SS hub is over £300.

tthew

I have a pair of really nice Surly Ultra New ones still for sale. If you look in my forum activity history you’ll see the advert in the for sale section. Fee free to e-mail me to discuss if you are interested.

Bearings are a smooth as a baby’s buttered arse.

giantjason
    Free Member

+1 for Paul Comp.

I have been running a disc word on my bike and it’s been great.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Singlespeed hubs’ is closed to new replies.