Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Simon's Crash Today @ Llandegla
  • gillycoops
    Free Member

A long shot really, a guy called Simon bashed himself up pretty bad today @ Llandegla & Mrs Coops had him in her ample cleavage until the paramedics arrived & a gang of them stretchered him off the trail, Mrs Coops would like to say a Fox T-Shirt & a good quality cycling jacket a pair of gloves & a first aid kit where left behind at the scene & Shes handed them in at OnePlanets office.

Simon told Her He was from Lowton near Warrington & She’d like to know how He’s got on if any knows on here please post it up, the accident happened just after the new northshore on the red trail just as things start to point down the way, She believes He was with a few others who where in front of Him.

I know its a long shot but you never know…

Bregante

Hi, i think we saw this guy too on the new red bit and stopped to offer help in carrying him on the spinal board. We were behind the ambulance on the way home and it was travelling slowly. I’m guessing it was headed towards Wrexham Hospital. Hope he’s okay.

gillycoops
    Free Member

That would have been Him Bregante, just hope one of his mates gets on here & puts Mrs Coops mind at rest really, Her & Her mate reckon He was in a right pickle, I stopped but by the time I’d got there they’d got him wrapped up etc so I left em my coat & mooched on, no point in crowding the poor fella, I only saw his face & it looked pretty mashed up to me.

Bregante

I was told he went over the bars on that tabletop. He really didn’t seem to know what day it was 🙁

Elmo
    Free Member

Sounds like a bad day for it.
    We stopped to help a lad called will and his dad. Will came a cropper towards the end of the black parallel universe(?)
    Took a pretty had hit, was unsure what was going on and all on his 18th birthday!

Hope he’s ok.

scaredypants

Hope the guy’s OK

Gillycoops, if your Mrs is free, I’ve just twisted my ankle 🙁

gillycoops
    Free Member

Nurse Gladys Emmanuelle of ample bossom has took to the bath scaredypants I will pass on your ankle news & see if Her bossoms can help this condition 😀

Twas slippy on that bit today Elmo but I did’nt see that off your speaking of..

Elmo
    Free Member

Sat there for 20-30 minutes. One trashed helmet, a hell of a cut to the temple and a suspect collarbone.
    I woke up after my 18th with a sore head, but nothing like Will will have!
    His dad was on a fat Pugsley which looked rather nice too!

gillycoops
    Free Member

He’ll remember His 18th for a few weeks Elmo then 🙂

Maybe not for the right reasons though.

yetisim
    Free Member

Hi gillycoops

Its me….simon from lowton, warrington.

What a week. Broken arm in 3 places, broken nose, smashed lips etc, broken tooth. Have been in total pain for a week now. Just starting to feel better.

I would like to thank Mrs Coops and anyone else who was helping last saturday. Everyone who assisted was brill. I do not remember how the accident happened or in fact were abouts on the trail i was when it happened.

Dont know if it was Mrs Coops who had the silver blanket thing but that was a life saver…..i remember being freezing and the silver blanket worked wonders.

Everyone at Wrexham A+E were excellent, not been to many hospitals in my life time but Wrexham was very good.

On the way to recovery know – Thanks Again!

atlaz
    Free Member

Missed this thread the first time around. Glad to hear you’re okay. I have to admit, I do like the fact that people rally around on injuries with MTB. I recently did my good turn when someone did his shoulder at Cwmcarn and I got his car back to Reading so his gf could deal with getting him home.

neil853
    Free Member

Threads like this do give me more confidence is us mountain bikers as a group. The same happened when my mate came off at Whinnlatter, everyone who passed wanted to and did help enormously.

Hope you get better soon yetisim, don’t let it keep you off the bike too long.

SBrock
    Free Member

I do not remember how the accident happened

This is normal i think, had a bad crash on Cut Gate path – was doing 40mph and next thing i knew i was over the handlebars, pretty nasty accident but was lucky with my injuries just a few cuts, grazes & 2 broken ribs. However i managed to bend a stanchion on a Lyrik, only very slightly but the fork needed a new CSU.

When its happening it is pretty frightening everything seems to be in slow motion!

Nice to know people stopped to help, and your ok!

MarkN
    Free Member

Good news to see that you are on the mend. Well done to Mrs Coops as well. Those foil blankets are very small, and cheap and so very effective.

nikk
    Free Member

We have all got to look out for each other, mountain bikers, walkers, runners, horse riders, climbers, heck even roadies 😀

Good to hear you are on the mend yetisim!

Is there any chance I could book ‘Mrs Coops and her ample cleavage’ if I ever have an off? Is there a phone number I can call in emergencies? :mrgreen:

bigsi
    Free Member

Is there a phone number I can call in emergencies?

😆

nikk
    Free Member

Yeh, 0800 80085 to the rescue!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Shouldn’t that be 816 80085? 😈

geordiemick00
    Free Member

and some people call llandegla tame..

i know a few experienced MTB’ers take some serious falls up there, stay safe kids!

Blackhound

I keep one of those silver emergency blankets in my backpack just-in- case. Light and small.

gillycoops
    Free Member

Hey Simon, it’s me Mrs Coops!!

So pleased to hear from you on this thread and to hear that you’re doing well. My, my you did make a pickle of yourself sir indeed! You came off on the red route, after the long north shore, before you meet the green bridge, I think it is post no. 123? I’m not sure on how much you remember so I will fill you in on what I know. When we got to you (Me & my friend Gabby) there was a man with you who moved you off the trail, they said you were barely conscious & face down when they reached you so I guess that must have been fairly soon after you crashed. we decided you needed more room (as it is very narrow in places there) and as we got you up you were very wobbly, so we quickly got you down again in another roomier spot. Gabby was great as she had recently done a first aid course, she chatted with you and got some gear off us all to keep you warm. By this time you came around a liitle bit and told us you were freezing. On this, I basically stopped most riders going past to nick anything they could offer and kindly, we ended up with 3 foil blankets, four coats and a couple of buffs! Your face was obviously in need of attention and my friend Gabby was great in sorting you out and keeping you safe (airways ect. addmittedly I was hopeless, not good with blood!. You could visibly see that your cupids bow (top lip) had gone, tooth was loose/missing and your nose looked broke). You complained of hand pain and it did look swelly and a bit dodgy. My friend Gabby and around 6 other people were about looking after you when I had to go as my 11 y old daughter was ahead of me so I was worried that she hadn’t done the new parts of the red and could get into trouble so I caught up with her and brought her back so I was away for around 30 min. the team assisting you were fab and more came to join in my absence. When I returned I think all were getting worried as it was around 1 hour since they had called for help, you were quiet, everyone was quiet (probably subconsciously worrying) & cold but on my way back I saw the ambulance heading up the lane for us, this news seemed to perk everyone up when I told them what I saw. My friend Gabby was sat behind you to keep you propped up and warm so I swapped with her as she was getting chilly… (I have natural layers that probably/definately shouldn’t be there but on that day they came in handy lol!) We had a natter and about 5-10 mins later the paramedics arrived…Hurrah! They give you the once over, we helped you onto the stretcher, tied you up, then wrapped you up like a turkey, then 8 of us assisted in carrying you to the truck. 6 people carried with 2 extras incase a swappage was required. You were then carried to a spot just after the green bridge to the truck, you were loaded on and off you went! I believe that when they got you to the trail centre you were taken immediately by ambulance to the hospital as they were concerned for you, and rightly so! All that I can say is that I am, so pleased you are on the mend, I really felt for you that day. I had a bad bash up and I know how really REALLY nasty it feels and your crash brought a lot of it back to me – I so felt for you! Luckilly for both of us we had great people around us, all of them mountain bikers:-) My helpers of which I am still friends with today! I had a great feeling of gratitude that there are some great people in the world when I was an observer of your crash (except for your mates ha ha!). I do hope time heals for you as it did for me and we get to see you again on the trails soon when you’re better.
    Best wishes,
    Gilly Cooper.
    x

gillycoops
    Free Member

Hey, I have just read some of your threads and they’re hilarious! (Mrs. Coops Here) After Simons crash I have re-stocked my emergency kit and you all should too as we are all trail rats that might be in need one day… hopefully not! I now have a wooly hat, plastic warmy thingies, foil blankets and loads of first aid stuff. You never know especially in this weather!
    God bless ya all!
    Gilly
    xx
    (Cleavage reserved for Mr Coops ha ha!!)

takisawa2

Purely in the intrest of safety, I think ladies of ample cleavage should be positioned at every marker post.
    With tea making facilities too.
    And cakes of home-made origin.

cynic-al
    Free Member

40mph on Cut Gate, you must have bashed your head.

yetisim
    Free Member

Hi Mrs Coops

Thanks alot for the feedback. Its still all a blur.

A now this may be a long shot…. but did you or the others who helped have a view as to what a did?

I have been mountain biking for 8 years+, riding off piste lake district, french alps a couple of times, plus all local stuff each weekend. During that time i have had one or two hairy moments but learned from them and moved on.

With this big off – for the life of me, i have no idea what i have done. Obviously i have gone over the handle bars but why? Was i immediately at the end of the north shore section?

Would help my recovery back to saddle if i had an idea of what a got wrong?

Thanks again

Pieeater
    Free Member

I heard you were on a new bike Si.
    You can always blame this – I am sure your Yeti wouldnt have flung you off pal.

yetisim
    Free Member

Hi Pieater

Would have been on the Yeti – but front brake pads were completely worn down.
    Think the new bike was some way to blame. Can’t believe had an accident at llandelga….of all places.

Si

Pieeater
    Free Member

At least you have made Dave wear a chin guard thingy – even on a thursday night!

yetisim
    Free Member

Yep. I think its terrified Dave having a similar accident. He’s the same – as in, been riding for years with only a couple of minor offs.

matt_outandabout

Simon and mrs Coops earlier:

Ace story 🙂

p7rich
    Free Member

‘”New bike” sounds like a perfectly reasonable explanation. You do the same things you’ve done for years but a new bike can respond very differently, and with consequence.

Rich.

PS. Broke both arms 18 months ago (first ride on new bike)

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Pics (of the cleavage) or it didnt happen?? 😆

gillycoops
    Free Member

Hi Folks, In answer to Simons question, nobody saw the motion pictures, you were just found face down on the floor. My belief is that you jumped the hump, then saw the rock immediately after and hit the brakes. If you were on a new bike then it’s probably bucked you off very quickly – too quick for you to react. This is EXACTLY what I did when I crashed 2 years ago, I was on a new bike too with shit hot breaks, it happened so quickly for me that I still had hold of the handle bars, landing on my chest and face.

For the other intrigued STW massive, I have a picture of my cleavage to share with you after a different crash I had around 3 years ago when I was a novice. Not sure if Simon would remember these… 😯 Ha ha now do you believe me???

bruneep

😯 😯

matt_outandabout

Well, that’s not an everyday occurrance on stw….

bikehamster

“Owwww!” :?(Female poster)

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

STW ? and it dont mean singletrack world. 😆

Gary_C

Hmmm…quite a lot of, umm, swelling there…

😯 😛 8)

Woody
    Free Member

Post of the year 😀

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

I have only two things to say:

1) Great to hear how everyone rallied round and helped a fallen rider. Frankly, having ridden motorbikes for 30-odd years and bicycles for 20-odd years I’d expect nothing less.

2) Goddam that’s a great cleavage 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Simon's Crash Today @ Llandegla’ is closed to new replies.