Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 2,459 total)
  • Sick of the incessant snow updates
  • thejesmonddingo

Same in sunny Barnsley,wifey is a district nurse on nights,don’t think she’ll get up our street this morning.

jeffl

Bit of a dusting in Chesterfield, maybe an inch, but its already starting to melt. Looks like a soggy wet cycle to work rather than a crisp cold one 🙁

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Inch or so in Baildon, not melting currently

rogerthecat
    Free Member

4″ of snow in the Hope Valley, which would be fab if my new fat bike wasn’t in Bilston! 😀

Just a case of how fast I can get through today’s work this morning before I can go and play outside

midlifecrashes

Just a half inch or so in Doncaster. Must have a trip up to the Highlands sometime soon.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I get the feeling that OP has lost this war.

There’s a pitiful damp dusting in Bradford.

binners

Proper deep drifts over the tops past Rawtenstall and Crawshawbooth. And its still coming down really hard. Might have to do strategic dash for home, and work from there for the afternoon. That definitely won’t result in me just going out for a play on the bike, of course. 😉

I really really want a fat bike 🙁

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Feed it more.

john_drummer
    Free Member

also in Baildon, just now:

still falling and looking like it’s starting to settle

dazh

There’s a bit of snow here in Todmorden 🙂 Think I might head out on the bike in a bit.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I am a beautiful and unique snowflake.

bearnecessities

Still going strong.

GrahamS
    jambalaya
    Free Member

@Graham, indeed people don’t understand you have to clear the bonnet and roof as well. People leave snow on the roof then it flies off in a big icy lump to smash into the car behind.

scotroutes

A wee ride in the foothills of the Gorms today. I had the Sony Action Camera with me so might have some video to upload later.

GrahamS

@Graham, indeed people don’t understand you have to clear the bonnet and roof as well.

The worrying thing is that (according to the story and video) the driver continued to drive like that, in the outside lane over the motorway at 50mph+, making no attempt to pull over and sort it out.

matt_outandabout

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Some big flakes falling in Fife.

NZCol

Snowing in Edinburgh now.

wwaswas

drizzle in Hove, we’ve had no snow this year.

It’s because I got a fat bike last Summer, I’m sure.

john_drummer
    Free Member

just stopped raining in Baildon

scotroutes

Just started here again
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8j3g9y3Vro[/video]

andyfla
    Free Member

Squally heavy rain in derby – supposed to be going out on my bike, but I may sit on the sofa and eat chocolate hobnobs instead (plain obviously)

MoreCashThanDash

Andyfla – mtfu and get out there!

Pigface
    Free Member

Blowing a gale in Dorset with a bit of sleet, I am off to Finland tomorrow so it is a given for snow 😆

fasthaggis

Just started here again

Quick ,post a photo to the BBC 😉

Nothing here BTW 🙁

piemonster

The apocalypse has reached Perth

fasthaggis

^^That happened years ago 😛

piemonster

chortle

hels
    Free Member

Anybody in the Tweed Valley able to give a snow report ? I am in Edinburgh, staring out my office window, wondering if I should make a break for it. Hate getting stuck in traffic in the snow.

zippykona

Like a summers day down Surrey way.
    Mild,wet and windy.

Northwind

Snawin in Edinburgh west but not lying. This totally offends me, it’s a waste of a precious resource, it’s like throwing coal in a fireplace, never lighting it, then throwing it in the bin. But maybe it’s lying higher (the snow line is often just at the bottom of my road)

iainc

raining here in Glasgow but Met office has just pushed the yellow up to amber for the drive home 🙂

oliverracing

Nothing in loughborough yet – although we are forecast some tonight/tomorrow!

franksinatra

Anybody in the Tweed Valley

Beautiful day so far in the east (Melrose way) but I’ve just been instructed to cancell a meeting in Peebles as we are moving to Amber weather alert which means that we won’t absolutely, definately die to death, but it is possible that we will suffer icey snow filled terror to the point of near death.

john_drummer
    Free Member

it has arrived in BD17. coming down sideways ATM

bearnecessities

*waves from BD11*

*gets blown away*

john_drummer
    Free Member

yeah, it was a tad windy earlier. snow is still falling and starting to settle on the grass but not yet on the roads, but is now swirling rather than sideways.
    tonight’s trip to Queensbury should be interesting…

doh
    Free Member

Sideways snow here in tweed valley. Might take a while to stick the ground still quite wet.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Hope Valley has a good covering of snow.

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 2,459 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.