Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Show us your Starling’s!
  • duir
    Free Member

Swoop or Murmur, Taiwan or Custom doesn’t matter, let’s see ‘em!!!

bedmaker

Just give me a couple of months….

duir
    Free Member

Me too!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

https://cdn.wideopenmountainbike.com/images/Starling-Sturn-bespoked4360.jpg

I enquired about this but was a little knocked back by the price.It’s worth it, but i dont want to spend it!

riklegge

Which are you going for Duir / bedmaker? I’ve a swoop on order.

duir
    Free Member

bedmaker????

Custom Swoop for me, don’t like 29ers!

CheesybeanZ

My Murmur out in Spain

riklegge

@duir good choice! I test rode a murmur and swoop last weekend. Murmur was good, but the swoop was amazing. (Bedmaker was the other poster; I was enquiring which model they were waiting for too)

@cheesybeanz
    very nice!

duir
    Free Member

Aha!

Gotama
    Free Member

Should have a 29 Beady Little Eye arriving shortly, perfect for the winter muck.

wesutf1
    Free Member

Here’s my Murmur 🙂

Starling Murmur

Speeder

My Swoop

riklegge

@speeder I know I’ve complemented you on your bike before, but that is very nice. Almost exactly the same geo, size, colour and spec as mine will be!

Speeder

If you’re anywhere near Cheltenham, you’re welcome to have a ride on it and cheers. ;o) It’s not quite the colour I wanted but I still like it a lot, even if it doesn’t really get ridden enough.

duir
    Free Member

Speeder, is that fuel piping around your rear mech cable (ala Sam Hill 2008??)

Speeder

duir yes or something very like it, could even be old Camelbak tube though as it’s clear I’m not so sure. I had it hanging around and I thought it would double up to protect the cable and dampen any chain slap a little if it ever got that far. Deffo a nod to SH and Jacey’s Sunday – I loved that bike and the attention to detail they brought to bike prep.

It’s certainly a quiet bike, or will be once I get around to building up the DT 240 hubs I’ve got and swap them for the obnoxious Pro4s. ;o)

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Woop! I can post on this kind of thread now! Had a Mondraker for a few years and recently both me and my girlfriend have bought a matching pair of Swoops, we even had Joe out to deliver them himself, sort of.

We’re in the process of setting up an MTB guiding/holiday place in Norway and Joe/Starling have gotten on board to support us with bikes to guide on! Very exciting, especially as we’ve never started a business before, never owned steel bikes and never had a custom geometry bike.

We’re both about 5’11” tall so we both have about the same size, mine with 480mm reach and Klara’s with 450mm, then both with 64 degree head angles. There’s a mixture of Hope bits, Burgtec, Shimano and DVO components and we were able to select some custom colours ooo, dream bikes really, custom everything and we’re hoping they’ll last for plenty of years to come. Really loving riding them so far!

If you want more pics there are loads more on our Instagram pages

@_any_excuse_to_ride

@Klarahenny

We’re over in the UK for the next few weeks if anyone fancies a meet up for a ride?! Otherwise you’re welcome to come ride with us in Norway.

jamj1974

All of those look lovely.

duir
    Free Member

duir yes or something very like it, could even be old Camelbak tube though as it’s clear I’m not so sure. I had it hanging around and I thought it would double up to protect the cable and dampen any chain slap a little if it ever got that far. Deffo a nod to SH and Jacey’s Sunday – I loved that bike and the attention to detail they brought to bike prep.

It’s certainly a quiet bike, or will be once I get around to building up the DT 240 hubs I’ve got and swap them for the obnoxious Pro4s. ;o)

Yes love attention to detail, probably why my last few bikes have been custom from small manufacturers. A silent bike is top of my list so glad to hear the Swoop is quiet and yes DT Swiss much quieter than Hope and in my experience much more reliable.

Woop! I can post on this kind of thread now! Had a Mondraker for a few years and recently both me and my girlfriend have bought a matching pair of Swoops, we even had Joe out to deliver them himself, sort of.

We’re in the process of setting up an MTB guiding/holiday place in Norway and Joe/Starling have gotten on board to support us with bikes to guide on! Very exciting, especially as we’ve never started a business before, never owned steel bikes and never had a custom geometry bike.

We’re both about 5’11” tall so we both have about the same size, mine with 480mm reach and Klara’s with 450mm, then both with 64 degree head angles. There’s a mixture of Hope bits, Burgtec, Shimano and DVO components and we were able to select some custom colours ooo, dream bikes really, custom everything and we’re hoping they’ll last for plenty of years to come. Really loving riding them so far!

If you want more pics there are loads more on our Instagram pages

@_any_excuse_to_ride

@Klarahenny

We’re over in the UK for the next few weeks if anyone fancies a meet up for a ride?! Otherwise you’re welcome to come ride with us in Norway.

Great name anus! And lovely bikes, good luck with the business. If you are passing through the Lake District on tour let me know I can guide you round some spectacular routes!

bedmaker

Some brightly coloured things arrived… 🙂

bedmaker

OK, now to find out how to post pics now that it’s easier than it used to be…

bedmaker

bedmaker

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2cevSSC]2018-12-03_08-12-02[/url] by FurryBreeks, on Flickr

CheesybeanZ

Bedmaker , that’s not a Starling – that’s a red breasted canary ::-D 😀

roverpig

Yellow with red forks! A bold statement indeed. Chapeau

bedmaker

The finished article – clean,

[url=https://flic.kr/p/QnwnNM]IMG_20190110_153224[/url]

and dirty after a play on some local steep stuff.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2cJZ3Yn]IMG_20190110_151223[/url]

and a quiet bike deserves a quiet hub 🙂

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2e8RaLM]IMG_20190110_153332[/url]

About a month in now and loving it!

greyspoke
    Free Member

All I can say is, well done everybody!

happybiker
    Free Member

That looks nice, love the Onyx hub! Mine is half built…

Rickos
    Free Member

Any Factory Murmurs out there in STW land yet?

happybiker
    Free Member

Yes, but the only photos I have are of it half built in the kitchen. Grey with red 160mm Lyriks and GX Eagle.

happybiker
    Free Member

https://flic.kr/p/S4eJ4J

Now with cut hoses and a chain fitted…

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

What is the rear end stiffness like on these, particularly the Murmur? I’m a big lump and I have a feeling these will be one of the more flexible rear ends?

chilled76
    Free Member

Don’t these bob horrendously?

I thought a single pivot near a BB was a recipe for a bungee like ride?

globalti
    Free Member

Achingly fashionable bikes.

happybiker
    Free Member

Mine doesn’t bob in the open mode as far as I can tell. The pivot is in-line with the chainring, not the BB.

duir
    Free Member

Don’t these bob horrendously?

I thought a single pivot near a BB was a recipe for a bungee like ride?

No.

tomhoward

Could someone buy a sturn, raw finish, and post lots of pics please?

CheesybeanZ

Mine in the Fod today.

[/url]Starling in the Fod

singlespeedstu

Aaaarrrr my eye’s.
    **** me Paul that mudguard looks ugly.😜

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Show us your Starling’s!’ is closed to new replies.