• This topic has 144 replies, 86 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 25 posts - 121 through 145 (of 145 total)
  • Show us your SS mtb
  • anono

Late to the party as usual.
    Surly 1×1 running 36×15. Not much of a looker maybe but probably gets more use than all my other bikes put together.
    Reserved for mud plugging duties so used pretty much exclusively from October to May.

Andy

nedrapier – Member
    That a Rooster, Andy?

Certainly is – well spotted 😀

frood
    Free Member

letmetalktomark – Member

@kazafaza
    – That Longitude looks a lot of fun.
    Is that a 19”?
    Will the rear take a proper 3” tyre?

I’ve had a chronicle on a dually in the back of mine since I got it. Did the puffer on it ss last year. A bit of bike packing on it with 1×10. Awesome bike you can do a bit of everything other than enduro hooning with

plus-one

Nice to see the ss love is kicking 🙂

snownrock

My first taste of singlespeed, simply out of curiosity so I converted my HT. Enjoying it so far, but 32/18 is hard work on the short sharp hills around here.

Google won’t allow img tagging

zoered3
    Free Member
    theotherjonv

Mine’s been laid up over the summer, been doing a lot more road and gravel-cross type stuff than previous years and then have had the FS out for other rides. But It just needs a chain tension this evening and then I’m planning on a quick spin round swinners tomorrow to see how painful it is…….

Not a great picture, but it’s a Pace RC129, slidey dropout, 853 steel with stainless chainstays.

Truth be told, it’s not my favourite. I had a Swift before, and I’d happily swap this for another in good condition if anyone wanted to.

Oh and finally, while searching for a photo of it, I also found a photo of the pup when she was a pup, and we all like puppy pics so….

richardthird

theotherjonv, did I buy my Inbred frame off you? Anyway it was somebody off here and it’s still getting used a lot. 32oval x 19 on the South Downs.

Here, with fellow SSer mates on another inbred (on it’s maiden ride) and a Cannondale trail

theotherjonv

Not sure – iirc it was collected from my folks house but was going to a commuter / hack bike?

richardthird

Was yours I’m sure now. Anyway 5000+km and just off out again now…

So far all my riding buddies who’ve had a go on mine up a single hill have built or bought their own ss.

theotherjonv

That’s a lot of miles/£ – glad it’s seeing proper service!!

Klunk
    Free Member

during todays ride, was fun still on the racing ralphs 🙂

mamadirt
    Free Member

Last-Christmas-before-retirement present to myself 😛

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Not in an entirely rideable state at the minute but my winter project:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/QuMy4h]Curtis #2[/url] by DaveyBoyWonder, on Flickr

Hope to get it built in the next few weeks.

Wheres the go-to place for bearded gurners these days? Been looking around for decent SS kit in the usual place like here and eBay and theres nothing!

nedrapier

Very nice, Davey!

Look up the One Cog group on fb. Ask for bits and/or shark for offers.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Cheers Ned – re-found them on FB earlier and requested access. Beard is prepared…

benp1

SS and rigid seem so nicely suited. I’m putting my El Mar back to SS, was on hub gears but haven’t been happy with them

drofluf
    Free Member

Since you asked

[url=https://flic.kr/p/QRLr6M]image[/url] by paulfulford, on Flickr

DrP

On-one scandal SS with rigid O-O forks..nice and muddy after yesterday’s BM race!

DrP

StefMcDef
    Free Member

nedrapier

I thought your Scandal snapped, DrP? Or did it creak a bit, then recover once you’d bought the Rootdown?

benp1

My special, niche bike, perfect for sloppy conditions

Singlespeed
    Rigid
    Jones bars
    Pogies
    Mudguards (front and rear)
    Bottle cages

scholarsgate
    Free Member

Salsa El Mariachi @ Cannock.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Kona Unit. No idea on weight, but 32/18 gearing. Currently living in Suffolk for Thetford duties.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/vpnLi8]Clean climb on the ss. #MTB #summer #singlespeed #dust #view #iowshots #nofilter #nophotoshop #iPhone4s[/url] by Neil Cain, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/rVz8ET]Lungs trying to escape chest on the Bringer Of Suffering and Giver Of Beastings. #mtb #rigid #singletrack #singlespeed #nofilter #nophotoshop #spring #dust[/url] by Neil Cain, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/CgCSuY]First crash of the year. #mtb #2016 #ThetfordForest #flatearthsociety #singlespeed #singletrack #churchofsingletrack #berm #crash[/url] by Neil Cain, on Flickr

DrP

I thought your Scandal snapped, DrP? Or did it creak a bit, then recover once you’d bought the Rootdown?

It did..got it rewelded, rode it for a bit, then picked up another identical frame (well, in green)…the rewelded one is spare (i.e cluttering up the garage!)

DrP

Viewing 25 posts - 121 through 145 (of 145 total)

The topic ‘Show us your SS mtb’ is closed to new replies.