Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Show us your Salsa bikes
  • theotherjonv

yeah – I’ve done Exmoor on it as well, which is pretty rugged and it only seemed fazed a few times on the bigger rockier stuff. Like I say, the 80mm rear rides bigger, and there was also the ‘legendary’ info of the past that the better rolloverability of big wheels vs little ones means that your suspension rides like it’s 20mm bigger anyway. But there are times when I’ve wished for a bit more…..

I guess on that basis the HT sounds worth it, but what’s a HT like for day to day milemunching which is where the SF is the best bike I’ve ever owned.

benp1

SS rigid El Mariachi, perfect bike for local stuff. Mine has a fargo fork up front

Mudguards and pogies for winter

Some local bikepacking

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I’ve done a Scottish coast to coast bikepacking trip on my Horsethief. 4x 12 hour days. Was fine.
    Also chucked it down Torridon and no end of trail centre blacks. Handles it all.

In fact, I’ll have the frame up for sale in the next week if you’re interested?
    Only selling cos I bought a Turner Sultan which matches my name. Sultan yourguitarhero 😉
    Always wanted my name on the side of my bike.

Also, its a wee bit too big for me – it’s 19″ and I’m 5′ 11″

theotherjonv

Could be – email in profile….

Buzzard
    Free Member

Looking over this thread I realise how “behind” I am. In the family we are still running a Salsa Mamasita and Ive only recently retired (still have the frame) a Dos Niner.

weeksy

Jon,
    What’s the size etc on the Fish… i could be 😉

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Should be taking all the bits off of it on Sunday so I’ll be in touch next week.

theotherjonv

erm….. I have a feeling it’s your old one, which you sold to Pop Larkin and him to me. Or did i imagine that?

weeksy

LOL i know 😉

Send me a number…. i’m tempted.

GregMay
    Free Member

yourguitarhero – Member
    ^ The official Salsa framebag for it is very good (made by Revelate). Pricy though

The Wildcat one is better, doesn’t hang off the shock, and cheaper.

I may have bugged Beth a lot to get it designed in a certain way…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/DNS1sU]IMGP0485.jpg[/url] by Greg.May, on Flickr

cjr61

All this Horsethief talk has got me contemplating a full bouncer again!

molgrips
    Free Member

Some cleaner lines for you all:

ianpv
    Free Member

The wildcat frame bags are lovely (I’ve got a fair bit of their stuff) but my Alpkit framebag is excellent and a lot cheaper at £70! Pic on previous page…

theotherjonv

will do, but trying to get a price that works on a HT at present – and our valuations seem to differ somewhat. But then there’s also YGH’s to be watching……

Stedlocks
    Free Member

Greg, have you got a side on picture of your bag? I’ve got the small restrap one that I use on the other bikes and it’s great, but it doesn’t fit the fish….

GregMay
    Free Member

Stedlocks – Member
    Greg, have you got a side on picture of your bag? I’ve got the small restrap one that I use on the other bikes and it’s great, but it doesn’t fit the fish….

Just because you asked nicely.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/VJMtvM]DSC01800.jpg[/url] by Greg.May, on Flickr

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

My Warbird. It’s had a few bits changed. Not a bad all rounder.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Quick PSA- Harts Cyclery have a large carbon horsethief frame in stock at a good price- I was very very tempted,,,,,,

Stedlocks
    Free Member

Cheers Greg, very nice! Is it custom, or do they keep a pattern?

GregMay
    Free Member

Stedlocks – Member
    Cheers Greg, very nice! Is it custom, or do they keep a pattern?

No issues! Pretty sure Beth should have the design still, mine is a large one (fnnarr fnarr) so give her a shout and have a chat.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Wouldn’t normally do this (sorry mods) but a couple of people expressed interest in my Horsethief frame, which I’ve now stripped down and have up for sale: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/salsa-horsethief-frame-stans-tubeless-wheels-reverb-3×10-slx-hope-qr-caps

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I’ve had a El Mar for ages now, love it,

[/url]Untitled by singlespeed_shep, on Flickr[/img]

Then Most recently i picked up a Vaya. Which is my do everything bike.

[/url]Untitled by singlespeed_shep, on Flickr[/img]

13thfloormonk

Well since the current owner hasn’t posted up yet I might as well 😉

My old Vaya which was lovely but I just didn’t seem to be using, I either wanted a proper road bike (I also owned a Cannondale Synapse) or a proper MTB (I enjoyed the Vaya off-road but think I got carried away and ended up damaging the ligaments in my wrist after some over-enthusiastic descending in the drops).

weeksy

I adore the looks of bikes like the Vaya, but think for me personally it would be absolutely pointless to own… but DAMN it’s nice.

scud
    Free Member

Great my threads back……..keep ’em coming.

tthew

This is prescient, as I overtook someone on a Salsa riding through Chester yesterday morning, and I wondered if it was someone on here. Don’t recognise the bike on any of the preceding photo’s though.

Grey, drop handlebar touring style bike. Singlespeed with some distinctive red flat pedals. Brilliant trackstand at the traffic lights too. 😀

moff

El Mariachi’s here, first experiment (Blue) with 29ers

Recently replaced with a newer, larger Red version.
    Mostly singlespeed, occasionally Alfine’d.
    Loaded up ready for #jennride

somafunk

Juan solo SS, currently lying in my attic, unused for the past 4 years.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Stedlocks, your Spearfish is parked less than a mile from my house. Are you local?

scud
    Free Member

Love the red on the SS Moff.. colour i was aiming for with my Fargo in the original post.

Stedlocks
    Free Member

Thanks Greg, I’ll give her a shout when funds allow..
    And Jeff, no, I’m nowhere near….my buddy lives in Alton, and we were doing a bit of camping around there….

Mowgli
    Free Member

Mk 1 Vaya, full heavy touring mode:

seanthesheap
    Free Member

My Vaya Ti.

mariner
    Free Member

Greg re frame bag.

Have you got any dividers internally to stop everything ending up down the pointy end?
    Is there any problem with stuff falling out when you want to get into the bottom of the bag? Guess it will be a question of packing the stuff you are less likely to need down there.

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Show us your Salsa bikes’ is closed to new replies.