• This topic has 71 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by cp.
Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • show me your xc race bikes
  • jamesca
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member
    Elaine Anne; with precious resources becoming ever more scarce, tiny is the only way forward for our planet.

If I had my way, everyone over 5’10 would be banned from owning a bike. Employed only to stack things on high shelves, and hold up umbrellas for environmentally optimised people when it rains. All they’re good for.

how would little people get stuff off the top shelf?

njee20
    Free Member

@nick – Calling your bike a ‘race bike’ might be taking things a little far. ;o)

Harsh! But fair 🙂

You got a good look at it at Sherwood when I passed you!

sefton
    Free Member

25lb

njee20
    Free Member

Is that very small, it looks all wrong! You’ve got a few spacers on there too!

sefton
    Free Member

there’s no front mech on the pic, seats really low & yeah I need to sort the spacers out – oh its a medium frame

njee20
    Free Member

I think it’s the low saddle/high bars. Combined with the
    less than delicate’ frame engineering it just doesn’t look racey! Nice bike though, don’t get me wrong!

sefton
    Free Member

suppose I’m just a little weary of sawing some length off the shaft 😯

kiwijohn

23lb even. Could shave a bit of weight off going to a double & losing the Flite. But It’s old school like the frame.

MrOvershoot

This is the only bike I raced off road on, 27 lbs of bits sourced from mates & bargain bins. Still better than me 😳

matt23
    Free Member

Yet to do a race on it but will be soon…..no idea of the weight need to get the LBS to weigh it for me i guess.

njee20
    Free Member

You’re gonna want a chain guide on that.

pinches
    Free Member

OK, I have a large Scandal with SID forks, set up singlespeed with XTR crankset it does have a Thomson post but it has a KCNC stem (103g), FSA carbon risers 160mm front and rear Hope Mono Mini brakes with Ti Rotor Bolts and aluminium pinch bolts, XTR pedals a selle Italia 185g saddle and foam grips. The heavesiet part is the 1650g wheels which are tubeless with 480g tyres.

It ways (just) 21lb.

Pinches bike at a guess weighs around 24lb>

Considering you can’t spell “weighs” –

It was weighed on scales calibrated a week ago, and i also put it on a different set and it was the same. 145g USE bars, foam grips (11g) , magura marta mag SL carbon brakes with ti hardware, hope lightweight rotors, wheels are SP XC3s @ 1505g on crests (24 spoke), rocket rons 410g, schwalbe XX light tubes (90g), M980 pedals, SLR 135 saddle, token clamp (8g), every bolt is pretty much Ti. The frame weight of mine was bang on 3lb (its an 18″).

radoggair
    Free Member

think a pic on the scale ( a la njee) is in order for these claimed weights. Not that i disagree, just to shut everyone up.

I’ll post mine soon, but its around 21.5lb mark, maybe lighter.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I did build up a 21lb hardtail and used that for a while, but it turns out I was always faster on my 24.5lb Epic.

Not a looker I know!

MikeT
    Free Member

In that case pinches, my scales need calibrating.

I’m surprised you are using Thomson stuff though, considering…

pinches
    Free Member

well, its a case of i already owned it from a previous build, and didnt have the finance at the time to change it for KCNC or similar.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Curtis 853, currently under respray @ 19.6lb

Kona Kula 2-9er frame from here @ 20.4lb

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

pinches, how’re you doing, old chap? Long time no critique…..!

matt23
    Free Member

njee 20 – I know – might be stealing your idea instead of an £80 purchase for and e13 or MRP device! 😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

how would little people get stuff off the top shelf?

TheFlyingOx

I would have posted up the Carbon Prongy, but seeing as it has no forks at the mo, I reckon it would be cheating. After the previous week’s jaunt on the big Prongy, I reckon I could race on that. It climbs almost as well as the carbon one, anyway. Just a shade under 28lbs (comes in at 12.7kg on the home scales) and without a doubt the fugliest bike you ever did see:

pinches
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart
    pinches, how’re you doing, old chap? Long time no critique…..!

Hello Charles. Doing alright at the moment, if you fancy looking at some pretentious art exhibition next week, let me know as the RCA show opens next friday. Critiques all round!

Oggles
    Free Member

Another for team rock lobster. It’s big and it’s quite heavy, but it’s my only option at the mo!

rock_lobster by ben_oggles, on Flickr

Dougal
    Free Member

njee 20 – I know – might be stealing your idea instead of an £80 purchase for and e13 or MRP device!

MRP 1X was £35 last time I bought one.

njee20
    Free Member

Not for a seat tube mounted one, which they kindly charge an obscene premium for.

squiff
    Free Member

Here you go njee 20

Just a prototype, am not keeping the pink plastic bit. Need to find something more suitable.

Just need to get some nuts for it and it’s good to go

njee20
    Free Member

Wehay! Should’ve patented it!

All I found was that I had to run the pink plastic bit at a much sharper angle in order to get the cage sitting over the ring, you may have to play around with it. With it vertical like that the cage sits out behind the ring.

will
    Free Member

12.05.2011 by Will – B, on Flickr

11.05.2011 by Will – B, on Flickr

mightymarmite
    Free Member

XL frame so bit heavier, prior to selling (sob) wore Hope Crests with Continental Race King SS’s and Formula RX1’s and came in just over 10kg.

[/url]
    Carbon Marathon by mighty.marmite, on Flickr[/img]

Same components on a previous medium s-works stumpjumper came easily under the magical 10kg bar.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Here’s my embarrassing sadboy list

Skyliner
    Free Member

24lbs of lovelyness, now as of yesterday owned by another STW’er

My Ellsworth Sub22, rare classic!

cp

mine, just washed, and no idea what it weighs… except the wheels which are 1530g, and cost me £145 new… but it’s very fast! particularly with the new wheels 🙂

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘show me your xc race bikes’ is closed to new replies.