Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Show me your Enduros
  • muppet4
    Free Member

This is my Spesh Enduro and weighs in at 25.5 lbs

AndyPaice
    Free Member

mine, weighing in at 40lb 🙁

Enduro 1

postierich
    Free Member

Sunn Enduro weight never been weighed I ride it I dont carry it about 😉

mudshark
    Free Member

Just over 30 lbs with biggish wheels/tyres:

will
    Free Member

postierich – 😯 sex wee!

akira

Mine, about 35lbs I think, had a few kit changes since then.

Tracey

Mine

Kevins

Tracey

rs
    Free Member

muppet, thats one seriously back to front enduro, nice and light but considering the forks would you not have been better off with a stumpy or even an epic. I don’t get it!

postierich
    Free Member

Muppet4 your NOBBY NICS are differant! anyone else spot?

muppet4
    Free Member

Just wanted a full banger that was light and go anywhere – do anything – a real mountain bike. I am not a fan of the brain either.

psychle
    Free Member

Here’s mine… perfect for pootling around London town! 😉

And yes, I know I should lose the reflectors 😆

feltmountain
    Free Member

grumm
    Free Member

New one’s not a proper Enduro imo 😉

brakes
    Free Member

AlasdairMc

Haven’t got a clue what it weighs, certainly more than stock as it’s got heavier tyres and wheels, and Pikes.

rs
    Free Member

this was mine, weighed around 33lbs was an awesome bike but felt like a change, all the parts have now been hung on a dialled alpine.

pomona
    Free Member

geetee1972
    Free Member

Ireduced the travel to 140mm by retrofitting a shorter travel and eye to eye shock from Specialized. The BB is a shade over 13″ which makes it rail corners.

In this guise it weighed in at 31lbs. I’ve now put a Lyrik on and changed the wheels to Specialized Roval Traverse. Oh and I’m now running Middleburn RS7s with a Ti FSA BB. Oh and the bars are now Burgtec Ride Wide. And erm, the transmission is now XTR.

You know this picture is only about 14 months old and now I think about it, I must have changed everything bar the frame, saddle and seat pin. Oh no, hang on, Crank Bros Joplin went on after Christmas.

All in weight now is 32.5lbs.

Special_ized_Jamie

Not sure on the exact weight guessing around 34lbs but with all the mud sitting nearer 40lbs in this pic

toons
    Free Member

Demo I tested

Massive Photo

clubber
    Free Member

Here’s my 2003 Enduro – bargin off the classifieds

BB was too low as standard so I’ve swapped the shock for a longer (200mm compared to the stock 190ish mm one) one and got the gold link in the ‘slacker’ position which together sorts it out nicely – head angle is just right while the BB is now just enough higher to not be smacking my feet all the time.

Definitely not light (I reckon 31ish lbs) but it’s great fun.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No pics of mine, sadly, but it’s an ’08 Enduro SL, with the E150 fork (just serviced and buttery smooth….!) It’s essentially stock bar this;
    Front tyre changed for a Rubber Queen
    Time platform clipless pedals
    ODI Intense Lock Ons with metal ODI end caps
    Easton Havoc Bars (Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide!)
    SDG Bel Air Ti saddle
    Pure Racing seatpost, the lever version. Only just fitted, waiting to be used in anger.
    Oh, and Matchmaker clamps!

Love it so far!

Here’s mine – bathroom scales show 33lbs

Thinking of changing it for a 2008 Enduro (unpopular choice I know)

ozzybmx
    Free Member

my 2008 enduro , basically the same as the 2007 only with the fork problems fixed , ive had no problems yet in 1 year of hard riding.

Gary_C

Here’s my ’04 s-works:

I run it with the flip flop link in the slack position,& recently fitted a Fox 36 FLOAT fork,with the travel reduced to 130mm courtesy of an internally fitted spacer in the fork bought off mojo.
    I call it my ‘Demo 5’!

AndyPaice
    Free Member

Akira and feltmountain, you have your brake rotors on back to front. there is a risk they may fail when run like that. Not nice to have your front wheel suddenly lock up under braking !

brakes
    Free Member

best bike ever

geetee1972
    Free Member

Updated – weighs 31.2lbs, BB is low at around 13.2″ head angle ended up being 66.5, rear travel is 140mm.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I really liked this 06 version, unfortunately so did some local scumbag who broke in and stole it

Still looking to replace it with another or maybe an SX Trail build

AndyPaice
    Free Member

” geetee1972 – Member

Updated – weighs 31.2lbs, BB is low at around 13.2″ head angle ended up being 66.5, rear travel is 140mm.”

what’s the kit on it? would love to get mine to that weight. How do you get 140mm rear travel,just the DHX air shock or have you had it spaced down?

looks nice in white too 🙂

agentdagnamit

the SX T is a great bike and not much heavier (the frame) than an 06 enduro. Rode a mates ’08 SX T with ’05 170mm 66s on and it rocked downhill 🙂

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

thanks Andy – sort of replaced the Enduro with a Blur LT which suits most of what I mainly ride more, but I still want a “big bike” for occassional Alps and Spain trips, plus the odd DH-lite session locally.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

if you’ve already got a lighter FS then it’s a no brainer. SX trail upto 2008. the 2009 one is supposed to be more like a slimmed down Big Hit than a beefed up enduro and is quite heavy.

Think spesh were recently doing 2007 or 2008 sx t frames for about £650 ish

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Enduros’ is closed to new replies.