Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Show me your Dirt Jump Bikes – looking for inspiration
  • Rik
    Free Member

Wanting to by a Dirt Jump Bike for use down the BMX track.

Need ideas

Anybody ride 24" wheels?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I ride 20" wheels. Get one of them, the hints in the name (BMX track)

thepodge
    Free Member

I'm looking for a 24 or 26 inch one too. I've ridden 20 inch for years, though not for ages now and just fancy something a bit bigger

Rik
    Free Member

Any pics?

tails
    Free Member
    johnikgriff
    Free Member

Just got her. Not even had the wheels of the ground yet.

Dylan08
    Free Member

Selling on behalf of my best mate, he wants a more all round MTB, only ever ridden for a bit of street (commute!) this bike is in VGC, built up custom – nice spec…

Frame: 24Seven Slacker – Steel / Pearlescent White

Forks: Unknown Bike Rigid – Steel / White (Brand New)

Headset: Cane Creek S3

Wheel-Set: 24" Halo Combat / Diatech Hub's / Halo White Bolt skewers

Tyres: 24" Halo Street Tyres (Pair fitted)

Brake: (REAR) Shimano XTR Disc brake / White Lever / 160mm rotor

Drive-Train: 24Seven Superfat 3-piece cranks / 24Seven single-speed spacer kit & cog / KMC single-speed GOLD chain

Finishing Kit: 24Seven 50mm stem / 24Seven Riser bars / ODI lock-on Grips / Seven DJ saddle & post / 24Seven clamp / DMR v12's Pearl White

£300 collected Leeds 07789 603661

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Why do people refer to their commute as "a bit of street"?

Street (to me) means grinding rails/edges, wall rides, big drops to flat, general hoppy/trails stuff, and using unusual things as transfers.

Is STW a whole lot more gnar-core-rad than me? Or they guy a few weeks back really did intend to use his roadrat down the skatepark!

There's some good looking 24" revels on ebay at the moment for £300, I'd be tempted if anyone bought my 20" off me.

As for the 20/24/26" debate, whatever you fel like, IMO 20" feels better, but equaly if you go lighter with the rims (D721) and tires (maxxis HR 2.1 kevlar?) 26" could be faster.

thepodge
    Free Member

when i rode BMX pretty much every day my commute into UNI did involve grinds and rails but i agree, a commute is not riding street

Dylan08
    Free Member

To clarify … My pal bought the bike to ride our local BMX park & try out some street etc and as it wasnt his bag he ONLY used it to commute on twice – hense the condition.

of course any advice should be off 'thisisnotaspoon'as he seems to be the most 'street' stw'er…

Just posted up to offer you a cheap bike not start a 'what is street' debate. Happy riding chap whatever you choose!

rusty
    Free Member

This is mine and it is so much fun.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Surfr
    Free Member

made from bits and an eBay Identiti Dr Jekyll frame for knocking about at the local jump/pump spot. Good for trying to grow a pair.

VanHalen

i've got a sunn bmix

if i was buying new i'd buy a commencal max max. for £300 its a flipping great bike. it almost manuals at will.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

utterly over the top mega-extravagant overkill for my ability and the use it gets, but what the hell… ITS FUN!

lyons
    Free Member

I have a last raffnix, with argygles. Brilliant bike… It is definitely the best i have used for jumps etc…

Dont have any pics though…

Bumhands
    Free Member

SX24
    (T45 tubes)

For jumps 24" wheels are much more controllable.
    Its also much easier to bail with a super small frame.

lyons
    Free Member

I rode a 24 inch bike for the first time the other day… Whilst it did feel easy to jump, i thought it felt very unstable in the air, compared to mine with 26 inch wheels. But i guess its just about getting used to it…

Rik
    Free Member

sweet ride bumhands.

Cant decide between 26 or 24 though, i've got both sizes in hope pro 2s. The 24s were a super cheap impulse buy off ebay. So just need to buy the frame and i'll have all the kit to build one up.

Do fancy 24 but thinking it might be hard to adjust to the different wheel size everytime i pie the bike.

Also do anybody make a jump frame with a long top tube (23 inch plus) for a reasonable amount of cash (i know curtis you can get custom but to much money)
    , i am pretty lanky and they all seem to have very short TT esp if i'm putting a 50mm stem on.

Any ideas?

GW
    Free Member

don't Pie the bike! that would just be wrong! 😕

spev

Norco Ryde has a 22.8inch top tube
    or the Kona shonky comes in a long with a 23.5 tube.
    Neither are cheap though

spev

I take it back, the shonky 2008 can be had for 350 with rigids from
    http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/19009/Kona_Shonky_Bike_2008

rolfharris
    Free Member

Mine. First ride yesterday- it was fun.

james
    Free Member

"i'd buy a commencal max max. for £300 its a flipping great bike"
    For £215.96, it'd be even better

lyons
    Free Member

why not try somethin like the last? its built to be used with 24 and 26 inch wheels. Then try both, and stick with what you prefer. Do a search for the last Raffnix frame. It's brilliant, and gets very good reviews. compared to my planet x jackflash, its alot easier to jump, and it seems to manual on demand…

Bumhands
    Free Member

In my experience you need to get a 24" or 26" specific frame.
    The BB ends up to low if you run 24's on a frame that can accomodate
    bigger wheels.

A Dialled holeshot is probably impossible to beat for the money,
    the geo is spot on.

Maybe try a 24's before you buy?

mybike
    Free Member

A few weeks old, still not really pushed it or had to bail but great fun 😀

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Dirt Jump Bikes – looking for inspiration’ is closed to new replies.