Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 134 total)
  • Show me your CX bikes…
  • v12jat
    Free Member

Some nice cx bikes on here!! Here’s mine,

Ride quality is awesome with the tufo tubs! Probably will replace with something with discs later int year

GrahamS

GrahamS, what bike did you go for in the end? I can’t remember if you ever said? Was it the Rose in the end? If so, hows it treating you?

Aye, I got the Rose in the end. See fourth post on this very thread 😀

Bit of hassle with wrong parts fitted when it was first delivered, but all sorted now.
    Used it commuting last week till I got used to the position then took it out for its maiden road ride on Sunday (50 miles – not far for some but furthest I’ve been in one day).

Really liking it. The SRAM gears feel good and the brakes are effective. Obviously a bit if a harsh ride coming from a steel hardtail with big tyres, but not unreasonably so.

tk46hal
    Free Member

Pro 6 with my new v twins!

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Last years Tricross

Got a Columbus Mud X to build up this year. Hoping for it to be a little lighter than the 11.5kg Tricross…

Lovely Van Dessel up there.

mboy
    Free Member

Wow, I go to work for the day, and tonnes of nice bikes get posted!

Pleasing to see an increasing number of disc users too amongst the canti luddites! 😉

Keep em coming…

antigee

saleem – Member

Is anyone running a different set of wheels for the road so they’ve more tyre pressure, if so what, I’m after some ideas, must be disc.

recent thread – been some others as well http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/disc-ready-700c-wheels-what-are-my-options

clubber
    Free Member

My new Chinese carbon frame is great

Except for this which is less good though I’m fairly sure it’s a filler crack rather than anything structural.

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

IMG_1933.jpg by ian_warnes, on Flickr

BB

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

In full flow in this years national series.

hummerlicious
    Free Member

Cross bike by South Downs MTB Skills, on Flickr

Old one

040920091493 by South Downs MTB Skills, on Flickr

Old one

2009_0519_185427AA by South Downs MTB Skills, on Flickr

Old one (I loved it though!)

Kinesis Five T by South Downs MTB Skills, on Flickr

Current one, I love it, but I’d like one with discs now…..

trickydisco
    Free Member

So what tyres for non racing duties?

I’m thinking 35c rocket ron front/racing ralph rear

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

MrAgreeable

Any excuse to post this again.

Raymond

P4072844 by raymond321, on Flickr

In road mode

gil_

Can’t resist adding a little bit of class to the list

Got to be one of my favourite bikes, does everything and always seems to finish at a pub

samuri
    Free Member

I like the felt!

senorj

no pics but mine looks just like tk46hal’s ,but in black. 🙂
    I like the way you’ve cabled it up too.

lex
    Free Member

[/url]
    c6 by verrimedia, on Flickr[/img]

hubba hubba

sefton
    Free Member

I’d like one of these frames:

1 bike for all (low BB and rd bike geometry…just longer chain-stay & clearance). then just swap wheels for either rd, trail or racing.

I don’t think it will be too compromised on the rd with some light rd wheels & slicks?

BUT in truth I don’t think I’d race cx on it (as I’d be scared of someone crashing into it), I wouldn’t put it through the 3 peaks either.

one of the best things about a cheaper cx bike is I’m not precious about it. I’ll commute,race,3peaks,winter riding,trails etc. all this really puts a cx bike under pressure and they do get battered!

might just get a really good fork for mine

GrahamS

Still tweaking the riding position on mine, so very interesting to see so much variation on bar rotation and hoods position.

hummerlicious in particular seems to have covered both extremes with his first two bikes. 😯

Also interesting to see most people riding MTB-style pedals, despite my roadie mates eagerly pushing me towards clippy-cloppy road shoes.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Looks pretty good that Graham, the bars look quite high with regards to the saddle. Guess you may lower them once you’ve decided on position.

Stick with your mtb pedals if you’re doing offroad stuff. I’d recommend some decent carbon soled shoes like specialized/giro/sidi etc.

sefton
    Free Member

mtb shoes all day long (that’s half the appeal…go anywhere). don’t want to be jumping off the bike with rd shoes on) 😯

I leave a long steerer and raise my bars for trails/peaks. or bring them down and have the hoods more horizontal for rd duties.

very versatile bikes, compromised in everything apart from cx racing BUT jack of all

GrahamS

Cheers David.

Yeah I’m not very bendy, especially my back, so I’ve left the bars at a “comfort” height for now. Stem is flipped up too.

Saddle is at the traditional “leg-straight-with-heel-on-pedal” guesstimate, which feels about right to me. It’s a large frame (58cm) and seems pretty tall, so I don’t have a lot of seatpost showing.

At the moment I’m using my old ancient Specialized BG Rockhopper shoes which are comfortable but not very stiff and starting to show their age.

mooman
    Free Member

Heres mine. Agree. CX bikes are very capable.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Shedbrewed- is that you’re competitive face?? Other bloke looks a lot happier 🙂

scottyroyal
    Free Member

Sefton – how are the Mini-V’s?
    Currently using XTR V’s on one bike with problem solver adapters but they are a pain in the ass – was thinking of swapping over.

seanbolton
    Free Member

Too many clean bikes!! This is what a cross bike looks like 🙂

Underneath the mud wrapping is a Ridley X-Fire……

GrahamS

This is what a cross bike looks like

I expect it is furious. 😀

(been waiting all thread to use that gag – this seemed as good a time as any)

sefton
    Free Member

Sefton – how are the Mini-V’s

very very good, no maintenance either!

swap them for canti’s for racing though as theres not enough mud clearance (although I did have low profile koolstop pads on, maybe a nice chunky pad would push the arms out more and give more clearance)

very good though and great feel & stopping power (you can tell I’m a fan can’t you) 😀

antigee

GrahamS – Member
    This is what a cross bike looks like

I expect it is furious.

needled though 😀

MrGFisher
    Free Member

Giant TCX 2

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Bit premature, but:

still in a state of construction – note the wrong sized wheels and cables projecting all over the place…

Gore rideon for the brakes, might also do the gears once I figure out how to mount the cables as they go under the BB.

GrahamS

CX Disc Users: I see SRAM have released their new hydro Red & Force disc brakes (and rim brakes)

http://road.cc/content/news/80966-sram-launch-red-and-force-22-groupsets

Interesting times.

peteimpreza

[/url] HONC 2013 by peteimpreza, on Flickr[/img]

Mine at the end of the HONC yesterday.

‘Dale CAAD 9 CX frame bought off here last year and built up from the spares box.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

end of discs for CX bikes:

UCI Rescinds Ruling on Disc Brakes for 2014

clubber
    Free Member

Hmmm… let me see if that’s real 😉

Teetosugars
    Free Member

TurnerGuy – Member
    end of discs for CX bikes:

http://www.cxmagazine.com/uci-change-ruling-disc-brakes-april-1-2013

Hmm, Check the date of the Article…

:mrgreen:

AlexSimon

That’s one of the better April Fools I’ve read!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

“We made a mistake, we really thought these racers would want to slow down,” he paused, confused. “Who knew all they cared about was going faster?”

scottyroyal
    Free Member

Dream bike – but with Campag

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘Show me your CX bikes…’ is closed to new replies.