Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 132 total)
  • Show me your CTBM stickers ;>)
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

They do about as much for me as mint sauce cartoons… absolutely nothing.

In fairness, since when has your onion bin worth anything?

tazzymtb

TSY I’m sorry, it was nice knowing you but you have unfortunately just been selected for certain and painful death due to having no sense of humor and dissing my favorite sheep…(apart from the little cutey with it’s head stuck in a fence down the road who’s going to get a struggle snuggle later)

The Tazz secret ninjas have been dispatched

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Thank you for quoting it Elf.. and for being a little bit offensive. All in a days work for you though, eh?

It’s a forum… upon which we are all free to contribute and comment as long as we play by the rules and are not offensive to each other. Run along now…

Tazzy… does this mean I shouldn’t bother doing my ironing this evening?

Not sure of the value though.

genghispod
    Free Member

Crikey-
    Because I don’t agree with the campaign du jour?
    Aww, thanks.

No, because you are like the general unthinking public – “I don’t see the fun in it, so I don’t see why anyone else should enjoy it, so they shouldn’t.”

donsimon
    Free Member

genghispod – Member

“I don’t see the fun in it, so I don’t see why anyone else should enjoy it, so they shouldn’t.”
    I concur.

RustySpanner

His (or her, Reg) onion is worth just as much as anyone else’s onion Elf.
    And you know what they say about onions 😀

Completely wrong about Mint Sauce, though.
    I never quite trust anyone who doesn’t get Mint.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It’s a forum… upon which we are all free to contribute and comment as long as we play by the rules and are not offensive to each other.

I was not being offensive. If I’ve offended your delicate sensibilities, oh whell. 😆

Run along now

No you run along now.

I never quite trust anyone who doesn’t get Mint.

You can’t really, can you? Can’t trust people who jolly well have not got a sensayuma.

Or even a clementine. 😯

crikey
    Free Member

No, because you are like the general unthinking public – “I don’t see the fun in it, so I don’t see why anyone else should enjoy it, so they shouldn’t.

I’m not suggesting that you can’t have fun, I’m suggesting that from my point of view, the stickers are;

a) An obvious promotional campaign, using STW as an unpaid vehicle.

b) Puerile and immature, to the extent that I would be embarrassed to display them anywhere.

They are stickers; I got over this stuff in the 1970s when I got them from breakfast cereal.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I never quite trust anyone who doesn’t get Mint

I’m completely untrustworthy so that explains a lot.

Elfin – you’ve questioned the validity of anothers opinion… yes my ‘delicate sensbilities’ consider that a little offensive… On the plus side though it comes from you… 😀

rOcKeTdOg

Uh oh, someone let the usual fun nazis out, I’m off, someone round em up please

dogbert
    Free Member

This was going to be my sticker for a while before I was told not to:

(a shiny shilling if anyone can tell me where I got the quote)

headfirst
    Free Member

Urban dictionary?

No, that university club bloke…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

An obvious promotional campaign, using STW as an unpaid vehicle.

I see it more like if you’re watching a telly programme, and there’s a bus or something goes past in the background with an advert for something on it. IE, incidental. Or like F1 or the TDF. Do the telly companies charge the advertisers because their brands appear on the screen?

If it had a detrimental effect on other companies that pay to advertise on STW, then maybe it would be a problem. Does it?

pastcaring
    Free Member

G.R.F ? he’s my favourite on here (not sarcasm)

Underhill
    Free Member

Luke from St Andrew’s?

Though I’d rather have a sticker than a shilling…

yunki
    Free Member

underhill wins

RustySpanner

Anyway, what about Hora?

If we’re going to start seeing bans for stupidity, this could be a long process.
    If brains were dynamite, I don’t think some of us could blow our own hats off.

crikey
    Free Member

If it had a detrimental effect on other companies that pay to advertise on STw, then maybe it would be a problem. Does it?

I neither know, nor care.

I think it’s pretty clear though, that if every bike related company who has an association with the site started threads with such obvious self promotional intent, the forum would rapidly deteriorate into a spammy pile of poo…

..and FFS, the actual stickers themselves read like some 15 year old has got a Dymo machine.

pastcaring
    Free Member

maybe they should ban everyone. that would show us 😥

tazzymtb

the actual stickers themselves read like some 15 year old has got a Dymo machine.

maybe, but it’s a 15 year old that makes me smile and in this bag of cack that is life, a free smile is priceless

Underhill
    Free Member

Sweet. At least one person is leaving this thread happy 🙂

bigsi
    Free Member

For those who say you’re too grown up for stickers you sure do sound like a bunch of kids arguing over marbles in the playground!

crikey
    Free Member

but it’s a 15 year old that makes me smile and in this bag of cack that is life

a) If your life is really cack, a sticker isn’t really going to help.

b) If a sticker of the kind displayed above is helping, your life isn’t really that cack.

Mark

If it had a detrimental effect on other companies that pay to advertise on STW, then maybe it would be a problem. Does it?

Yes. It pisses them off when they get invoiced by us for their ad campaigns and people like this get to create a marketing campaign and put it front of you lot for free.

mamadirt
    Free Member

tazzymtb – Member

the actual stickers themselves read like some 15 year old has got a Dymo machine.

maybe, but it’s a 15 year old that makes me smile and in this bag of cack that is life, a free smile is priceless

alpin
    Free Member

i de-stickered my Alpine a while back, but have since i toyed with the idea if having some stickers made for my bike.

“fähigkeiten statt federweg” and/or “spaß bringt leistung”

don’t like having company names on my bicycle, though. mopre so when i’ve no connection to the shop. although each of my three helmets are plastered with stickers…. 😕

yossarian
    Free Member

Yes. It pisses them off when they get invoiced by us for their ad campaigns and people like this get to create a marketing campaign and put it front of you lot for free.

So what about progressive, on one etc etc etc who do/did it all the time under your noses?

It’s either one or the other isn’t it?

Houns

I’ll have a handful of those stickers Dogbert

pastcaring
    Free Member

i think http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/index.asp has had far more free advertising for getting banned than his stickers would of ever generated. what a great marketing ploy!

donsimon
    Free Member

Frankie Goes to Hollywood vs Mike Read all over again. 😀

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Fair enough, but what about the fact that Charlie’s posts generate forum traffic which in turn generates exposure for the advertisers’ products?

I’m sure Chalie is not deliberately trying to crap on other companies, just bending the rules a bit to try to earn a living.

donsimon
    Free Member

just bending the rules a bit to try to earn a living.

So he needs to learn how to do it without appearing on the radar then.

duntmatter
    Free Member

They are stickers; I got over this stuff in the 1970s when I got them from breakfast cereal.

I never did.

(Do I get a free sticker for that? Pleeeeeeease? 😉 )

Mark

He didn’t bend the rules.. he broke them cleanly..

crikey
    Free Member

…or pay for advertising like everyone else.

tazzymtb

your life isn’t really that cack

ooooo get her

when your dealing with serious health issues anything that makes you smile is a winner

yunki
    Free Member

more free advertising for getting banned than his stickers would of ever generated. what a great marketing ploy

that was my first reaction to all this..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Rusty Spanner – Member

Anyway, what about Hora?

If we’re going to start seeing bans for stupidity, this could be a long process.
    If brains were dynamite, I don’t think some of us could blow our own hats off.

What about Hora? Lets get to the important stuff, Banning people for stupidity would not leave many left to play

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Oh – and the stickers are truly awful. Naff tat

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Show me your CTBM stickers ;>)’ is closed to new replies.