Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Show me your cable routing – 454 Pikes!!!
  • Andyhilton
    Free Member

I have a set of 454 Pikes on one of my bikes.

The cable routing seems all wrong. From the handlebars the cable goes down the the fork bridge and is zip tied to a guide on the rear of the bridge. It then goes down the back of the fork to the caliper.

The problem is when the cable gets to the bridge. It slightly fouls the stantions. There is no wear as yet (as the bike has only just been assembled and is not my main bike) but I can imagine that there will be.

Any practical advice please?

csb

I’ve got the same issue, and can’t for the life of me work out what I’m meant to do with the zip-tie block/guide thing they give you with Pikes.

Can someone post a photo of how they do theirs?

fingerbike
    Free Member

Just ran it on the front, the one fastening point keeps the hose out of the way of everything, the tabs on the back help stop the cable tie moving…

STATO
    Free Member

as above, from another angle…

Vortexracing

mine is like that ^

charliemort

I put my guide on the front of the bridge, not on the back, so is like pics avove

Andyhilton
    Free Member

^Thanks. Does it not rub on the front of the bridge or does a bit of helicopter tape stop it?

retro83
    Free Member

as in fingerbikes pic, but make a loop in the zip tie and tie that round the hose, then the hose wont rub against the arch

Andyhilton
    Free Member

ok i’ll try later. cheers

gamo
    Free Member

Here you go!

druidh
    Free Member

Thanks gamo – you saved me the trouble of getting a pic of mine!

jam-bo

one zip tie round the brace, another looped through it holding the hose loosely to let it move.

snakebite
    Free Member

racing_ralph
    Free Member

retro83
    Free Member

yes that’s what I was trying to explain, r_r!

DrP

AS above too!

DrP

smurf
    Free Member

I use a pair of the Fate Hydraulic Brake Hose Guides from GravityRacers. Worth a look.

smurf

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Show me your cable routing – 454 Pikes!!!’ is closed to new replies.