Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Show me amazing XC photography
  • sharkattack

I’ve gone and got myself a job this weekend covering an XC race. Something which is totally new to me. I’ve done loads of DH but mostly motorsports.

Where should I look for inspiration? i.e. what can you show me to get my imagination going while I’m sitting at work all day? I can’t really spend too long Googling stuff!

Any tips or pointers? It’s the NPS in Essex this weekend so if you know the area that’s good.

Cheers.

gazhurst
    Free Member

Have a look at http://www.anthonypeasephotography.co.uk/

Anthony did the shots for our team (look at the KTM MTB Racing bit)

I’ve never ridden at Codham Park so couldn’t give you any pointers for where to go

njee20
    Free Member

There’s a world class BMX track, if you make yourself obvious you’ll get the show boaters doing jumpy stuff!

Joolze Dymond is the normal photographer, her photos are generally fantastic if you want some inspiration.

munrobiker
    Free Member

This one of my mate Chris racing at 10@Kirroughtree gets me to ride faster.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

He is rather good!
    Not your typical XC race mind 😉

maximusmountain
    Free Member

By far the best XC photo I have taken, at the XC worlds at dalby.

sharkattack

Some good stuff here and on those sites. Does anyone know what the area looks like? Pretty sure they’re not racing on the Olympic track this year.

I just prefer it when I have some idea what to expect.

njee20
    Free Member

Nope, no racing on the Olympic track this year while they turn it into a trail centre, back again next year.

There are vids on YouTube, have a look at those. I’d suggest you’re as well to place yourself on an interesting looking ‘feature’ – be that a jump, drop, corner etc, so context on the area may not help that much, they’ve not done much racing there, and it’s never hosted a national. As I said, I’d probably aim for the BMX track.

I’ve heard the area is flat and grassy if that helps.

mark88

I love any shots that show the pain on the face on tough climbs.
    But failing that, something along these lines…
    http://www.pinkbike.com/news/2013-XC-world-championships-south-africa.html

sharkattack

Ooooh I like that last one. Hope the sun is shining!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Shameless posting of some of mine from 2012;

user-removed
    Free Member

Post-industrial XC. Shame the rider is such a fugly bugger.

njee20
    Free Member

Incidentally I’m rider number 236, so try extra hard to get a good photo of me 😉

flyingmonkeycorps

Is that Steetley?

user-removed
    Free Member

Yup, ’tis.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Here you go

Every single photo in this link is an absolute winner.

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2013/03/absa-cape-epic-the-untamed-african-mtb-race/

njee20
    Free Member

Sadly, having watched a couple of YouTube vids of the area, I don’t think the Essex countryside is likely to yield that sort of spectacular terrain!

Then again some of the shots of Hadleigh don’t look much like Essex, so perhaps I’m being unfair!

schmiken

There’s the BMX track, the quarry pit and the downhill through the trees on Sunday that mat be worth looking at?

njee20
    Free Member

Do we get to see the fruits of your labour?

sharkattack

Do we get to see the fruits of your labour?

Probably.

They’ve been submitted to the company that wants them. They’re doing a press release, if I spot it online I’ll share it here.

I did alright I think. Cool track full of features plus blazing sunshine. It’s hard shooting a race when you’re only looking for 4 or 5 riders! Some of the best pics I got were practice shots of people I don’t know.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Show me amazing XC photography’ is closed to new replies.