Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Should I go to the Pub?
  • Kryton57

I can’t decide. Its cold, I’m tired, it’ll cost me £70 (includes dinner/tea).

I could be at home with a beer/wine, in the warm ignoring my mates for free.

Kryton57

*this is my attempt an a banal thread btw*

prawny

I wish I had the choice. Go! Now!

anonymouse
    Free Member

Stay in the warm with beer.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Stay in without Beer or Wine, a revelation for a Friday I know,… squash and cups of tea, there’s lovely… 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oi! You can’t afford to go to the pub. 😀

iolo
    Free Member

Be honest. You have no mates.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I can help. For expenses only, i will sacrifice my time and go to the pub on your behalf, drink beer to save you the effort and spend your money just as if you were there. I might even save you the calories of eating a kebab on the way home.
    No need to thank me, all part of the service.

mrblobby
    Free Member

You know you want to stay in all night desperately searching in vain for an interesting post on here.

Edit… oh and ask yourself what Matt Fitzgerald would do? You won’t get lean for peak performance down the pub.

Kryton57

deadlydarcy – Member
    Oi! You can’t afford to go to the pub.

I can as long as my friendly floor fitter doesn’t exceed 38.95735m2 😀

Nobby

Stupid question, much like saying “should I breathe?”

jambourgie
    Free Member

£70 seems a bit much for a night down the pub. I rarely seem to spend more than £30, but then I am oop north. Do you mean: pub – club + extras?

Kryton57

jambourqie, I’m in London. And they are italian so we are off to the local family restaurant as usual as well.

@ Nobby, you know full well how I feel about standing about in the cold, now add to that a few pissed young and arrogant City **** spilling my beer….

timraven

Always 😈 though it does need to be my pub and you’d be full of pie and completely legless on £70 here.

Stoner
    Free Member

Im just on my way!

I passed the last part of my Direct Access motorbike test today. First time 😀

But Im walking to the pub 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Congratulations Stoner. That’s so AWESOME!

toby1

If Date.Today() == Date.Friday
    {
    goToPub = true;
    }

I’m going out, but due to a stomach bug earlier in the week I’ll be off the beer and my wife has volunteered me to buy dinner for her so it’ll be costing me at least £70 tonight!

Stoner
    Free Member

That’s so AWESOME!

I know! Pubs are great arent they?!

crankbreaker

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2xdCvhvyqY[/video]

Pickers

I’ve been for a progress meeting since lunchtime with my new boss. Need a kebab now.

kudos100
    Free Member

Drink at home and then go to the pub. Save £20. Everyones a winner.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Have same dilemma, got cold beer in, but know I could go out and get a pint…actually on beer #2 already…
    Can’t decide. Haven’t been in bed/asleep before midnight any day this week so may not be great company.

binners

It’s Friday. So there are 2 things you are legally obliged to indulge yourself in.

1) post work beers (post-work definition ends at midnight Cinderella)
    2) kebab (loads of chilli sauce compulsary)

The next 2 are optional mainly, if you live somewhere civilised. Compulsary if you live in some god-forsaken provincial town

3) a clumsy drunken bunk up over a wheely bin in the back alley, behind the pub, with a generously endowed lady called Sharone, who smells slightly of desperation, as gratitude for the countless Bacardi breeders you’ve bought her
    4) a fight outside the kebab house. Started by Sharone lobbing chips at someone’s head while you were waiting for your donner, everything on. Don’t worry. Before they’ve managed to kick you to death the whole thing will have been stopped with the blood-curdling cry of ‘leave it Darren!!!!!! Ees not worth it!!!!’

Enjoy…..

binners

I’ve had an early finish, and an afternoon in the pub. Very nice it was too. Went out for steak instead of a kebab though 😀

jekkyl

Go for a bike ride! if only for an hour, then come home and drink your cold beer in the comfort of your own home without all the noise and annoyance of members of the public.

cybicle
    Free Member

😆

I want to go drinking with Binners!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You don’t. Trust me. 😀

boxfish
    Free Member

3 different ciders CHECK
    3 cheeses CHECK
    Selection of cured meats from Spain CHECK
    Chutneys CHECK
    Nibbles CHECK
    Bath v Gloucester on the telly CHECK

🙂

EDIT: pub tomorrow

CountZero

The next 2 are optional inevitable mainly, if you live somewhere civilised. Compulsory Unlikely if you live in some god-forsaken nice, quiet provincial town

There you go binners, FTFY. Easy mistake to make if you never set foot outside of major metropolitan centres, though…

dantsw13

Pub was last night, here in Japan, followed by Karaoke, breakfast in McDonald’s, and the walk of shame back to the hotel in daylight!!

Tonight is staying in before flying home tomorrow. So far tonight we’ve had a typhoon and an earthquake 😯

yunki
    Free Member

What prawny said

Kryton57

surroundedbyhills – Member
    Have same dilemma, got cold beer in, but know I could go out and get a pint…actually on beer #2 already…
    Can’t decide. Haven’t been in bed/asleep before midnight any day this week so may not be great company.

This is me too. In fact, I stopped working 45 mins ago to read the kids to bed and have come down stairs to find the mrs has opened wine and ordered Chinese. That’s that settled then.

I have been emailed two bits of good news for next week. The posh hotel I’m in next week has a new breakfast item, steak and eggs. And our MD is having a leaving do with an open bar – in the hotel I’m staying in. 😀

Nobby

@ Nobby, you know full well how I feel about standing about in the cold, now add to that a few pissed young and arrogant City **** spilling my beer….

*returns from early session*

Well it was terrible standing around the open fire with a pint (or so) of Hobgoblin in hand – the only possible down (depending on your viewpoint) was having to endure “Beyonce’s Hottest Videos” on the TV.

mogrim

having to endure “Beyonce’s Hottest Videos” on the TV.

Nothing wrong with that, assuming the sound’s turned down.

alexpalacefan

My new vinyl floor has been down 90 min and I’ve just torn a great hole in it moving the fridge.

I don’t just deserve to go to the pub, I NEED to.

APF

Kryton57

I’ve cheered up now, have done the beer and am on the rum & coke. Did someone say the pubs open?

Nobby

Nothing wrong with that, assuming the sound’s turned down.

Absolutely. I apologise for the lack of smiley in my original post.

Some of her vids would have been barely legal not that long ago, most entertaining though.

Kryton57

I would. In fact I did. Three times.

allthepies
    Free Member

£70 for food + beers in a boozer ?

Kryton57

No. £40 for beers in a gentlans club. Then £30 for food and beer in a family Italian.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Should I go to the Pub?’ is closed to new replies.