• This topic has 27 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by gonzy.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Should I buy a pair of marzocchi forks?
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

I’ve seen a set I really like/want in the sale but given the firms current climate is it a wise move to go for them?

BlobOnAStick

Very much dependent on model IMO.

I have now got 3 pairs of Bombers (latest pair received on Friday) because I’m handy with a spanner and I love they way they work/are constructed and I’m pretty confident that whatever goes wrong with them I could fix it or at least swap some bits around and keep them going.

I can’t believe that they’re struggling, especially given the performance of their forks against the likes of Fox.

PJM1974
    Free Member

If you were to ask me if I’d buy another set of 55CRs then the answer is yes, they’re easy to work on and tuneable. For their RRP, the performance is a bargain.

I have to agree with the sentiments expressed elsewhere – there’s a gap in the marketplace for another OEM in between Fox and Rockshox, I would like to see more new bikes supplied with Marzocchi suspension.

windydave13
    Free Member

Another +1 on the 55CR’s. Had the current set for over a year with no issues what so ever.

I did have a set of the “notorious” ATA’s from 2008 which whilst did go wrong occasionally, they were so simple to work on, i could pretty much fix them on the side of the trai with a casset tool and a big adjustable spanner

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Depending on what happens, the price might come down. I’m tempted by a Marzocchi rear shock but will wait a while to see if the price drops.

cookeaa

I have to agree with the sentiments expressed elsewhere – there’s a gap in the marketplace for another OEM in between Fox and Rockshox, I would like to see more new bikes supplied with Marzocchi suspension.

I suspect (assuming the worst happens to Marz) X-Fusion would be looking to fill that gap in the market…

eshershore
    Free Member

two ‘gold and old’ suspension companies that never get enough love despite having the heritage and offering great products are Marzocchi and Manitou

yes, they’ve both have had wobbly periods, but so have Fox and Rockshox

I’m very impressed with my current Manitou forks, and the last pair of Marzocchi I had were very good

not the lightest, or the flashiest, but they both had good real world performance, and were durable in the long term

teadrinker
    Free Member

They’re a pair of 320’s at half price, so tempted.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Yes. Well chuffed with my 350s, especially after trying out some pikes on Saturday

dbcooper
    Free Member

love my 1 year old 55cr’s and my 2 year old 55rctiv2superrocketthings
    Would get both again.

Andy-R

I reckon that my 55 RC3 Ti Evo 2’s are the best thing since sliced bread – if I could find a straight steerer set, at a price I could afford, I’ve have them like a shot.
    The only forks that I’ve used that feel as good as Marzocchi trials forks.

chvck
    Free Member

I’ve never used any other forks that feel as good as my 44 rc3ti. They’re just ridiculously good, replacing the seals isn’t much fun though… Real shame that you can’t buy them anymore but I reckon I’ll be replacing the revelations on the other bike with a pair of Marz soon.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

ive just gone from Lyriks to 55CR’s and im still smiling 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Question, do mazz feel abit groughy when brand new and need breaking in? I can remember if my 55CRs did.

I crazily ordered a 350R from crc for £220 and on the floor/hand test they feel grouchy

deviant
    Free Member

I suspect (assuming the worst happens to Marz) X-Fusion would be looking to fill that gap in the market…

That’s what I think, cheaper than both RS and Fox but come with good reliability and sealed cartridge dampers at budget prices….perfect for the OEM market.

teadrinker
    Free Member

well just picked up a set of 320s 29er forks for £212. Looking forward to them arriving!

windydave13
    Free Member

Which retailed did you buy them from??

Dave

teadrinker
    Free Member

CRC Dave

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Question, do mazz feel abit groughy when brand new and need breaking in? I can remember if my 55CRs did.

I crazily ordered a 350R from crc for £220 and on the floor/hand test they feel grouchy

All of my Mazzy forks have needed a good chunk of riding before they started really working well, but once they do, they are the best forks you can buy IMO. I wouldn’t choose any other fork/shock combo now.

windydave13
    Free Member

CRC Dave

Apologies, missed that bit in the original thread. cheers. Will take a look although i think they’d run out of stock when i took a look this morning

Dave

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

My 66RC2X were well worn in when I got them. After an seal / oil change and general clean up, they are by far the best forks I’ve ever ridden.

As far as forks and shocks go, I’m more of a ride-by-feel than understand all of the jargon type rider. I couldn’t tell you about compression (high or low speed), rebound etc.

I do know that they just feel awesome.

From everything I’ve read, Marzocchi forks are a little like Brooks saddles. Not great to begin with (while bedding in), but get better and better and better. Mine are, I’d guess, 6 years old. I’d be gutted if I had to replace them with anything else. The only downside is their weight. Mind you, they were marketed as single crown replacements for triple crowns. Maybe their smaller forks are less weighty.

I say, go for it.

hora
    Free Member

So the grouchy feeling on compression should go? I was going to add alittle oil into/under the schraeder air side.

wl
    Free Member

My air Pikes are as plush as my top-end coil 55s. WTF?!

simonhuscroft
    Free Member

Not sure about grouchy Hora. If anything if they aren’t smooth as normal they likely have a lack of grease / lubricating oil in the lowers.

Do the r have an air side? Thought they were coil?

chrishc777
    Free Member

Get oil in the lowers, grease the seals and leave them upside down overnight. They will become the plushest most amazing things ever to have graced your posession

hora
    Free Member

Got it:

http://www.marzocchi.com/Template/contenuto.asp?idC=1561&IdFolder=777

Which is the right, which is the left? Sat on the bike? Or looking at?

BlobOnAStick

For my version of forks it’s from the perspective of sitting on the bike.

Hope that helps!

gonzy
    Free Member

i’d still buy another pair of marzocchi forks
    they may weigh a bit more but i doubt any other forks comes close to their plushness, stiffness and control.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Should I buy a pair of marzocchi forks?’ is closed to new replies.