Home Forums Bike Forum Should a new bike come with tokens?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Should a new bike come with tokens?
  • matt_outandabout

2023 Specialized Stumpjumper Alloy Comp.

No Tokens in fork or shock, none in bag that came with it…

Robz
    Free Member

Off the self OEM bike? Not in my recent experience.

DickBarton

If rock shox, put the serial numbers in Trailhead and you’ll find out if they were shipped with any fitted.
    Last 2 bikes I bought came with 2 tokens in the bike bag kit along with reflectors…I’d have assumed they would have been provided as a just in case it needs tweaked.
    Call shop and ask if they’ve been missed?

sharkattack

In my experience there should be a few volume spacers in the bag of junk that comes with new bikes. Along with the plastic pedals, reflectors and crank arm washers.

scotroutes

It’s not something I’ve seen. Sometimes supplied with a set of forks if you buy them separately.

honourablegeorge

My Trek came with them, yes

Tracey

All our Specialized bikes have come with tokens in a bag.

Which ones do you need and I can get the fork spares box out and see if we have some

andy4d

Never got any for my fox forks when I bought my cube.

Kramer
    Free Member

Had to buy some when I got my Stumpjumper Evo.

clubby

All my Rockshox bikes have came with fork token in the tat bag. Last bike had Fox and didn’t. Never had any supplied with either brand of rear.

I have tons of the grey Rockshox ones for Pikes/ Lyriks if Tracey doesn’t have any.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

My Bird came with extra tokens.

matt_outandabout

The only new bikes we’ve bought before came with them – my Marin, sons Rocky Mountain.

There’s none with this one.

Its sporting:

Fox 34 Rhythm GRIP

FOX FLOAT DPS Performance

Tracey

Sorry Matt. They are probably the only forks we have never had

matt_outandabout

All good.
    I might go begging around local shops…

oldfart

While we are on the subject I bought a pair of Fox 34 Rhythm and if I want to check if there’s any inside I’ll need to spend £30 on a ” special” socket ???

According to the Fox website Float’s have a different amount than Rhythms but mine are Float Rhythms ???

dyna-ti

Last two RS forks i’ve bought (Lyrik+Pike) both came with 2 tokens in the box. As well as a simple mudguard and RS sticker. The two Fox forks came with nothing.

Cheap barstards, for all they’d cost them.

kelvin

While we are on the subject I bought a pair of Fox 34 Rhythm and if I want to check if there’s any inside I’ll need to spend £30 on a ” special” socket ???

Like all forks, you just need a totally flat faced socket of the right size to open ‘em up. The Fox ones are actually really nice.

confused58

Hi, I’ve got a 34 green spacer, if you send me your address I’ll post it.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.