Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Shoes and narrow footed fascists
  • mansonsoul
    Free Member

Why can’t I find a pair of shoes that fit me? When I was little my mum used to take me to Clarks and I’d be maesured with their green plastic sliding things and the shop person would sagely say, “you’re a 4G” or whatever the **** it was and I got the widest width version of a shoe.

Now that I’m an adult, why do I have to put up with buying size 10 shoes just to get something to fit the width of my size 8 foot in and it’s still too narrow? Do all adults suddenyl develop perfect thin little pointy toed feet exactly the same **** width,. Why?! WHy are the toes so pointy, who the **** has feet that shape, unless you’ve deformed them by shoveign them in narrow nazi shoes!

lunge

Specialized are the way forward, they fit my plate-like feet anyway.

joat

Try Spesh. I have wide feet also and these are comfy in road and mountain versions for me. Shimano do a wide version of some of their models too, but most shops don’t stock them, so probabaly have to order online.

MSP

sidi mega
    northwave

I take a size 50 (european size of course) you want to try finding shoes to fit a size 50 plate, your problems are tiny by comparison.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Try buying something other than shoes worn by Phones4U salesmen 🙂

MrsToast
    Free Member

I wish there was narrow footed fascism for women – standard high street width is D, with wider sizes readily available at Clarks, M&S, etc. I’m an AA. I also have long slender hands, which means a lot of ladies gloves are too short in the fingers, but blokes’ gloves are too wide. Curse my freakish limbs!

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Hang on, I wasn’t talking about SPDs, I use flat pedals, and anyway I meant ALL shoes, thanks though. I can only seem to find funny old people orthapediec (sp?) shoes in an size 8 4eeee.

Why aren’t shoes foot shaped? It seems like they all start narrowing too early, so they are sloping inwards at too sharp and angle for your toes, if you see what I mean?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I also have long slender hands

Hubba. (I bet TSY comes along any second) 😀

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Try buying something other than shoes worn by Phones4U salesmen

Mate, not even skate shoes are anywhere near wide enough. I wear size 10 Vans at the moment, but they’re **** up my feet as they’re way too long, but still too tight.

IanMunro
    Free Member

You have my sympathies mansonsoul, hardly any shoes appear to be foot shaped, and like you say don’t really allow enough pinkie space.

You might want to try http://www.terraplana.com, they make shoes with a really wide forefoot area so that your feet can spread out a bit.

emsz
    Free Member

A whole world of clothes/accessory weirdness I never knew existed. :D.

ton

wide

wider

widest

i owna pair of each of these and they fit my hugely wide feet.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That top pair is nice! I have something very similar. Whoodathunk it eh big fella? 🙂

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Try being me.

Having been born with Charco-Marie-Tooth Syndrome (CMT) the pre-eminent sign of that condition in me is my feet. I have exceedingly high arches (& that’s after several childhood surgeries to alter them) and hammer toes.
    My big toes have been surgically broken & fused so they no longer bend.
    My feet are not only very highly arched, but also very wide for their size, and very short.
    This means any footwear i can find that allows the width/arch of my foot invariably means there is about 2″ of unoccupied toe space due to my toes all being crammed under themselves.

I cannot wear shoes at all due to constantly stepping out of them, the only way to prevent this is to fasten the laces that tight my circulation stops!

And the final insult? The only boots that i find truly comfortable are Caterpillar ones in the region of £100 🙁

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Something like this?

http://www.cosyfeet.com/mens-extra-wide-footwear/cosyfeet-shoes/eric

Actually I symathise with the OP – I have the same issue – all my shoes / boots have an unused inch at that end.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

That’s the thing that I’ve realised though. I have spent hours on the internet looking for different wide shoes. And it seems there are loads of people out there who have a problem with ‘normal’ shoes being too narrow, and yet the choices are still so few and so ugly.

Why are the majority of shoes the shape they are? Are there historical reasons for this narrowness?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

muddydwarf

I posted the cosyfeet thing as a joke – but if yor feet are really like that then they actually will have shoes to fit you. some of their shoes are basically as wide as they are long almost

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Oh my feet really are like that 🙁

I’m only 5’2″ but my shoe size is between 4 to 5 depending on the manufacturer.

I thought my inability to stay upright late in the evening was due to booze but now i’m not so sure!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Try having narrow feet – much worse.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

cynic-al: it’s basically oppression of minorities. 😉

Cougar

Don’t the “Big and Tall” type places cater for the, ah, more masculine hoof?

mansonsoul
    Free Member

yeah, they do if you like shoes your grandfather might wear.

Saying that, at this point, I can’t put up with the discomfort and pain anymore so it’d be worth it.

MSP

vibram 5 fingers are young and trendy, honest!

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Keen shoes are nice and wide.

scaredypants

cynic-al – Member
    Try having narrow feet – much worse.

Al, are you trying to pull Darcy, or TSY ?

Hairychested
    Free Member

Narrow feet – Italian shoes.
    Wide feet – struggle.

Twin
    Free Member

I’ve got super wide feet (F/G fitting) and Caterpillar boots fit me fine. They are a bit more expensive but then they last ages – virtually daily wear for the last year and still showing no signs of wear. Worth a try.

miketually
    Free Member

I have really narrow feet. No, narrower than that.

When I was a kid, they weren’t wide enough to register on the width fitting in Clarks. They’re now longer (size 11 1/2) but no wider.

I could go skiing without skis.

I have to look for shoes with lots of lace holes which are far apart, so that I can pull them really close together to make the shoe fit. I then have yards of shoelace to sort out, so tie my shoes in a weird triple knot.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’ve got hilariously wide feet, and for some reason I have very narrow heels too so my feet resemble divers’ flippers.

Bizarrely, I’m extremely impressed with my Shimano DX shoes, which fit like a glove and seem to have plenty of width. Likewise, my Specialized shoes seem to accomodate my considerable foot girth too.

molgrips
    Free Member

I then have yards of shoelace to sort out

I have quite wide feet in the middle (G as a kid) and very narrow heels. So in almost all shoes my heels slip a lot. Even in boots they slop around side to side.

Salomon are my saviour. For some reason they fit perfectly every time. Either that or shoes with a flexible heel cup like some Keens I have. Biking shoes are like flip flops for me 🙂

PJM – I too have lots of success with Shimano cycling shoes despite them appearing very narrow. If I take the insole out it’s utterly the wrong shape for my foot, far too long and narrow – and yet the shoes are quite comfy. The only other brand I have is Spesh, which are more comfy actually. Oh also just got a pair of Northwave insulated waterproof roadie shoes because they were half price – horribly tight at first but for some reason they loosen up during the ride and are ok.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Do you remember those Clarks children’s shoes from the 80s? The ones that had the advert with the girl dressed up as a princess walking through an enchanted wood, looking for a key? And the shoes had a little button containing a key in the sole?

I wanted those shoes. I wanted them with a burning ferocity that you can’t even begin to comprehend. I longed for the day I needed new shoes, so my mom could take me to Clarks, and I would have the pretty princess shoes and my life would BE AWESOME.

But no, apparently princesses don’t have narrow feet. No princess shoes for me. The injustice of this still rankles to this very day…

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Shoes and narrow footed fascists’ is closed to new replies.