Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Shock upgrade for Stumpy 650b, volume kit on stock or upgrade?
  • sprinter2139
    Free Member

After fitting a 160mm Pike to my 2015 650b Stumpy, I’m really liking the bottomless token system allowing me to run lower pressure but with increased ramp up.

I’d really like to do something similar on the rear, as it feels super soggy in comparison now.

Is this volume tuning kit from TF Tuned compatible with the stock Fox Float CTD AutoSag that comes on the 2015 Stumpy 650b? http://www.tftuned.com/air-spring-volume-tuning-kit-ctd-9mm-shaft/p2952

And even if it is, is it worth spending £39 on the volume kit, or just put that towards a better shock?

Rockshox Monarch Debonair RT3 is looking like very good value at the moment?

muggomagic

Looks like the right one, but email TF tuned or Mojo to confirm (that’s what I did)
    The volume spacer made a massive difference to my rear shock. It’s definitely money well spent IMO, but then I’ve not tried any other shocks as a comparison.

gallowayboy

Assume its the float ctd evolution? Mine was similarly soggy; the only way to firm it up was to run it at quite a high pressure, which compromised its sensitivity. I’m 75 kg, but its a fairly basic shock, and specialized specify a particular tune which is soft. After a fair amount of use it developed a knock, and I sent it to mojo under warranty. I spoke to the mech. on the phone, discussed the shock and its shortcomings at length. Upshot is they upgraded the damper and stuck in a volume reducer under warrenty. Been out half a dozen times since and it seems much better so far. BUT I dont know if the damper mod or the volume reducer have made more difference.
    I’d try fitting a reducer if I was you – if I hadn’t sent mine back under warranty, that was my next step.

sprinter2139
    Free Member

Sorry yes it is an Evolution, too late to edit my post though!

I’m about the same weight as you, and have the same issue (running enough pressure to keep the progressive feel means the pressure is too high for small bumps).

I’ve emailed TF so I’ll see what they say, if it’s compatible I think I’ll just get the volume kit for now and run that for a while.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Shock upgrade for Stumpy 650b, volume kit on stock or upgrade?’ is closed to new replies.