Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • shock replacement for a titus
  • larrythelathe
    Free Member

Right I have a Titus ftm carbon. I love the bike but HATE
    The rt3.

I have been looking for a new shock, hass anyone done this? What size did they get, did you have to reduce the stroke?

Thanks!

lucien

Shock length is 195mm, you’ll need to find out the stroke before you swop – once you know this it should be a case of a simple swap. There’s not a huge range of choices once you narrow down the stroke, so will depend if you have a favourite sort and then likely to be 1 or 2 that fit.

dantsw13

The original design of the frame is with an RP23, so that should work.
    The RT3 on mine is ok, it’s just the rebound/pro pedal levers seem to have little/no effect

larrythelathe
    Free Member

Anyone know the stroke that’s the part I am finging hard to figure

I was sure the shock was 200 maybe that’s why the stroke has been reduced?

Brant can you help?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

200 x 51 isn’t it?

larrythelathe
    Free Member

Ye that’s how its mark. I am just worried its less than 51.
    As I seem to recall they had the stroke reduced. Not sure if that’s from 53 to 51. Or it is as marked.

LoCo
    Free Member

Fox CTD adjust would be a good bet, strokes can be reduced and the damper unit tuned as necessary as well. 😀

2011 spec shock on the carbon is listed as 200 X 47 so just a 200 X 50 with a travel spacer fitted. Not sure on the 2012 model, but I’m sure Brant will confirm specs.

Conan257
    Free Member

200×50 shock which is internally reduced to 47mm. Otherwise some tyres will rub the front mech cable/seat tube.

I read somewhere that the frame can’t take coil shocks…

I’m considering the same at some point, but might go for a retune of the RT3 instead.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

my 2.2 purgatory happily rubs on the seat tube under compression – not even full compression!! Now protected with helitape.

Loco – how much for a tune on an rt3?

LoCo
    Free Member

£40 for just a tune which necessitates a strip of the damper and replacment of oil and a few seals etc or £20 in conjunction with a full service.

Conan257
    Free Member

Rob, some FTM’s were shipped with regular 50mm shocks not the modified 47mm ones… Or so I read…

If you have rub, remove air from the shock and measure it’s stroke length using the o-ring. If it’s 50mm then you need to talk to On One about getting it replaced.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

loco its only 3 rides old so no service necessary. How long from receiving it?

larrythelathe
    Free Member

Can you adjusted the high speed compression damping.
    I think it needs reducing.

Conan257
    Free Member

larrythelathe – Member
    Can you adjusted the high speed compression damping.
    I think it needs reducing.

Exactly my thoughts sometime next year, unless it pops before then!

larrythelathe
    Free Member

Can this be done loco?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

you can do that yourself i think with the IFP valve pressure

larrythelathe
    Free Member

i rang and asked loco this. he seemed to think you could not. i am also finding it hard to find the adpator in stock.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

i have the adaptor if you want to borrow it?

larrythelathe
    Free Member

yes please that would be awesome, if you would not mind
    my email is larrythelathe@msn.com if you send me a mail i will send my adress. Can i send you some money for the stamp?

thanks again

LoCo
    Free Member

The compression is reduced by adjusting the shim stack, not the IFP pressure, running lower pressures than recommended increases the chance of the shock cavitating (air in oil)

Travel reduction and compression tune is a fairly quick job so can fit it in around other work, drop us a mail to get it all sorted 😀

ruscle
    Free Member

Ignore!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘shock replacement for a titus’ is closed to new replies.