Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Shock news: Cars don't grip on snow – last night's posh-girl encounter.
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

I still don’t see what her being “posh” has to do with it.

GrahamS

You’re driving on a quiet country road you know well when your lights die with only a few miles to go. Full moon and clear sky. Do you stop and walk/taxi/lift or just go on slowly, pulling in when cars pass?

I had this happen to me last winter. My full beams and fogs still worked so I whacked the full beams on, dipping to fogs when there was oncoming traffic, and got myself to safety. Am I a bad man?

coffeeking
    Free Member

I had this happen to me last winter. My full beams and fogs still worked so I whacked the full beams on, dipping to fogs when there was oncoming traffic, and got myself to safety. Am I a bad man?

Happened to me this winter. I’ll join you in badness 🙂

CaptJon
    Free Member

U31 – Member
    Its an internet forum, mate, thats how it works.
    It aint real life ya knaaaa…

Really?

U31
    Free Member

Dunno.

I thought it sounded good. 🙁

D0NK

emsz – Member

Ha ha thought I might know who this was but she’s skiing.Presumably she does know that snow is slippy 🙂

austen

Blimey, thought that everyone might have a giggle but wasn’t expecting this to start a huge debate.

The road wasn’t that steep and there were places to turn around just behind her, so no need for me to be a gallant hero type (whatever the reward). We have a lot of useless posh in the Bath/Bristol area. When I got home my girlfriend was stunned that anyone could know so little about driving, but she did grow up in mid-wales where they have proper snow.

Further along my journey were a set of tracks down a steep hill, into the bank and showing that a neat 180 spin followed. Both incidents were on small back lanes which are a short cut between major (gritted) roads, neither have any houses on them, so there was no need for anyone to be driving there. Great riding though.

The lack of common sense has genuinely come as a surprise, despite the stereotypes…

I_did_dab
    Free Member

I went to Uni in Bristol with someone that didn’t know how a tin opener worked. She was a medical student – apparently the maid did that sort of thing at home… 🙄

iDave
    Free Member

We have a lot of useless posh in the Bath/Bristol area

I used to work in Bath, there’s a lot of useless non-posh there too

binners

Hmmmmmm. Having read all this I think what we can all take from this thread is that everyone in Bristol/Bath is useless.

From the posts I regularly see here, that would apply to every area apart from the tea-leaving of expensive bikes. They seem to be quite good at that down there

U31
    Free Member

Nuke ’em from orbit?

Posh people should ride on buses.
    It would raise the standards of driving and of bus passengers in one go.

DezB
    Free Member

I still don’t see what her being “posh” has to do with it.

Only everything.

matt_outandabout

coffee anyone?

KonaTC

Clearly not ‘posh’ enough as she was driving, not her man that does…

KonaTC

Clearly not ‘posh’ enough as she was driving, not her man that does…

binners

If posh people just took time out from horse-riding or shooting things….just a moment in a day… to experience the simple, uncomplicated joys life can offer

That wonderous feeling of well-being as, sat on the bus, you sink your nashers into a Greggs Steak Bake, feeling the grease run down your chin and drip on to the article you’re reading about Kerry Katona.

We’d be a more united society my friends

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Shock news: Cars don't grip on snow – last night's posh-girl encounter.’ is closed to new replies.