Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Shimano xt mountain bike wheel
  • kilo

looking at a rear Shimano XT M788 to replace a borked Mavic wheel, anyone using shimano wheels, are the ok? Will need to be for a 90kgish rider just doing normal xc stuff

Teapot
    Free Member

If you’re interested I’m about to sell a rear 142 x 12mm one. Its unused. I bought it as a spare for an Alps road trip back in the summer.

I’ve used the similar XTR Trail wheels for the past 4 years including annual trips to the Alps on a 6 inch travel bike and they’ve been fine.

kilo

Thanks for the offer but I need 135 q/r.

Teapot
    Free Member

Ah no worries.

Flaperon

@teapot – roughly how much? The freehub is shagged on mine and the rim has more dents than smooth bits.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

If its the screw on freehub like the MT68 wheels, which seem to have the same as the Saint, XT, etc, then they are terrible hubs. I am on my third freehub in 6 months of possibly 120 miles of riding. Even got the part codes stuck on my garage wall of FH- M678 . Just couldn’t trust it again, so found a replacement hub ( Easton) and re built using that, this week, as they are 24 spoke hubs on the MT68’s , so quite tricky to source. Not Shimanos greatest hubs. The through axle means smaller freehub bearing and 3/16 balls on the axle. The freehub body shell is so thin, they crack open

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Shimano xt mountain bike wheel’ is closed to new replies.