Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Shimano XT M785 hubs
  • barrykellett
    Free Member

Got my new wheels on the above hubs today… the dust sheild over the cones and nuts on the drive side front hub doesnt sit in nice and tight like in previous hubs and my other SLX hubs.

Is it supposed to have a bit of wobble? Does it matter? Its not the seal after all for keeping water etc out I dont think?

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

I would be more worried about the freehub than the seal on the bearings. Only problem I had with that particular hub.

barrykellett
    Free Member

How long have you had yours? But anyway, this is the front hub.

Anyone else any experience?

barrykellett
    Free Member

Actually, on looking at google images, almost every image of this hub shows the dust cover sitting off the edge of the hub.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

I had those hubs and the rear was nothing but trouble the front was ok. The seal on mine was never tight flush. Though it was not as bad as that in the picture. It was like less than 1mm gap on mine. The freehub was the weak link in the end lasted only a few rides and I have heard a few other people telling me the same. Got my money back in the end on them. The dust cover is quite hard plastic type material as opposed to rubbery like the other Shimano hubs I have had.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Shimano XT M785 hubs’ is closed to new replies.