shimano slx 10 speed chains.

Home Forum Bike Forum shimano slx 10 speed chains.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • shimano slx 10 speed chains.
  • perthmtb

Don’t re-use the pins, if you’re joining a Shimano 10sp chain either use the special Shimano joining pin, or even better use another brand’s quick-link, like KMC.

b r

He’s right in that you can, but I wouldn’t as it can create a weak spot if you’re not lucky – far better just buy a pack of pins.

acidchunks

Kmc make 10spd compatible quicklinks as do sram, both are removable/reusable using the KMC tool (£8) although the sram ones are supposed to be single use.

Reusing the pins will work as a trailside bodge if you have to but in my experience they will fail eventually.

🙂

Premier Icon paladin
    Subscriber
    batman11

Yep kmc do a twin pack and connex a single link pack, bothdo the same main difference is kmc you do need the reverse pliers to get it apart and the connex you can do with your fingers as I did last Sunday when I snapped my mech hanger off and had to walk back 😀 both are about £8 only thing of not is the connex has a slight curve which does have to follow the cog curver or it tends to jump gear on the small cogs ok.

perthmtb

Yes, but obviously the Shim/SRAM/KMC version not the Campag one. Might also want to pick up the special pliers referred to above, as they can be quite tight to remove when new.

Premier Icon paladin
    Subscriber

Am I correct in thinking that there’s no reusable links which can be used on these? Anytime I take my chain off, I’ll need to fit a new pin?

Lad in halfords said you can reuse the pins, but I noticed there’s a small sliver of metal which shears off when you push them out, so I’m not sure it’d be a good idea…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘shimano slx 10 speed chains.’ is closed to new replies.