Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Shimano Rotor Fittings Q.
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Just a quick one. Been a while since i used Shimano rotors, and just wondering whether I actually need to use the tightening plates that come with the bolts. Seems like a bit of overkill as well as using 6 threadlocked bolts.

bearnecessities

Yes.

Now, what happened to clicky clicky?

Jamie
    Free Member

Yes to not fit them?

Now, what happened to clicky clicky?

Not had a chance to ride it yet.

Anyway, screw that. What’s happened about your bathroom drama?

coatesy
    Free Member

It’s belt & braces, but why wouldn’t you fit them? It’s not like it’s a major hassle, they weigh next to nothing, and it’ll probably take more effort to walk to the bin than to actually fit them.

soorgrapz
    Free Member

Came across these for the first time a few weeks back and fitted them because they were new to me…either that or subliminally I thought I’d die if I didn’t fit them!
    On a similar note does anyone ever fit the black plastic retaining clips that come with shimano calipers?

IHN

does anyone ever fit the black plastic retaining clips that come with shimano calipers?

I did, because they were in the box. When the inevitable time comes that I lose one (either whilst out riding or in the general detritus on the garage floor whilst spannering), I shan’t be in a rush to source a replacement…

njee20
    Free Member

Never bothered with the clips on the caliper bolts or the rotor bolt plates myself.

FOG

I always used to use them on the “they’re there ” principle but with one particular wheel/fork combination , the disc bolts just fouled the fork lowers but so little that removing the washer things gave just enough clearance. Never used them since and haven’t died.

cp

bin straight away.

interestingly I just got a new bike, and the Shimano rotors were bolted to the hubs just using 6 bolts, and a handful of the plates were in the bike ‘accessories’ box.

I assume this means that Giant take the stance they are pointless too.

Jamie
    Free Member

but why wouldn’t you fit them?

I don’t know. Just looks something added for the lawyers.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Shimano Rotor Fittings Q.’ is closed to new replies.