Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Shimano Deore/Slx disc brakes
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Looking at upgrading the Poor Cannondale Helix 6 disc brakes on my bike. Gonna do the front this month and rear next month.

Where is cheapest? Also need Rotors and adaptors. Would like to go 180mm front rotor size.

gee
    Free Member

Deore ones are amazing value. I’ve got a couple of sets and really find it hard to telly he difference in use between those and XTR.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Deore +1 here too, superb value.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Had the old ones with silver fluid reservoirs and they were ace. So deore are good. Any links.

iain1775
    Free Member

Prefer my Deore to my XT’s

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I got my Deores from here for £69, came the next day. Maybe out of stock at the minute though

http://www.summittosea.co.uk/shimano-deore-ispec-compatible-hydraulic-disc-brake-front-rear-package.ir?cName=cycling-cycle-components-accessories-tools-spare-replacement-parts-brakes-hydraulic-systems

Edit: Not with rotors though. But with all the kit you need to shorten the hoses, that apparently not all shops supply

federalski
    Free Member

I got some SLX’s for £89 at Ribble recently.
    Not sure if they are still the cheapest but I felt for only an extra few quid I’d go for SLX.

Edit… No rotors included though at Ribble which I didn’t need anyway.

badbob
    Free Member

went with XT, but to be honest, it was for the bling! all are good! ( apart from xtr £££)

ace brakes!

anono

Despite the hate campaign on STW, still worth having a look at CRC. Front and rear 615 plus RT66 rotors come in at £96 – add in something for a fiver to take it up to £100 then use the code APR to get £15 off – full set of brakes and rotors for less than £90.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Seen them at Merlin for £98 front and rear including rotors. And it’s 10 mins from work.

ricky1
    Free Member

I’ve just had deore’s put on mine,excellent brakes I won’t be changing them any time…well ever really

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Are the hoses extremely long? Just I don’t feel competent cutting them and I’m getting bike serviced next month so can get hoses shortened and the rear brake.

rOcKeTdOg

With latest promotion at CRC I got SLX £47 an end, got a set on other bike & they’ve been superb

darrenspink
    Free Member

Are the hoses extremely long? Just I don’t feel competent cutting them and I’m getting bike serviced next month so can get hoses shortened and the rear brake.

You/someone will ideally need to shorten them. Potentially you could live with it.

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Fitted a pair of 615 deore on the wifes new bike yesterday. Brilliant for the money, bought from Merlin.
    Shortened the hoses using the no bleed method. http://www.epicbleedsolutions.com/blog/shorten-shimano-hoses-without-bleeding/

Scamper
    Free Member

Still have not got round to shorten my front deore 615M – just put a small curl in the line. Prefer the shiny black enamel look compared to my slx and think there is better modulation too.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Shimano Deore/Slx disc brakes’ is closed to new replies.