Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Shedfire announce new development rider (rather stunned lucky bugger content)
  • miketually
    Free Member

Take off your clothes and come to the other side – Shedfire announce new development rider

After much discussion and cogitating, Shedfire have finalised discussions with our new rider who’ll be working with us on product development on Shedfire products for the next year.

Mike McTimoney (miketually/mactually) has consistently impressed us with his attitude and dedication to the sport, and we’ll be working with him over the next year to develop cool products.

We’ve just fired up the CAD machine to start work on Mike’s new bike – a rigid steel singlespeed 29er, which will feature our new “Fathead” tubeset.

Mike came to our attention after his DFL (Dead F*cking Last) finish at the Kielder 100 event, which, for us, sums up the grit and determination that mountainbiking is about.

Shedfire MD Brant Richards said “Mike’s just an inspiration to lots of riders out there, and his inspiring ride at Kielder, when over 60% of the field quit, which just blew us away. We’re looking forward to working on lots of projects with him, though the new downhill bike we’re doing probably isn’t one of them.”

I’m still in shock!

Drac

Read that last night lucky bugger indeed, enjoy and look forward to seeing you work. Mind you I think Brant really wanted a stunt double.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Still not sure about the "take off your clothes" bit, am sure it has nothing to do with what you did to earn the job but well done. Making the end of the ride must be all the more satisfying, still an awesome effort by all of you that did it.

miketually
    Free Member

Still not sure about the "take off your clothes" bit

I assume it's a reference to the On-One kit I'm wearing in the photo. At least, I hope it is 😯

thepodge
    Free Member

Still not sure about the "take off your clothes" bit

look at the clothes in the picture

BigDummy
    Free Member

Good stuff Mike! 😀 Perhaps you'll be in adverts…

Shedfire: Products to Lose On

Lose Big or Go Home

Shedfire: For when it just doesn't matter any more!

The timekeeper has packed up and gone home. It's dark. Mountain Rescue have called off the search. Your kids are calling some other guy "daddy". Shedfire, racing products for those who never give up hope.

😉

Harry_the_Spider

He keeps all the souls he owns in jam jars in his shed.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Why do you have brown on your upper lip?

miketually
    Free Member

Why do you have brown on your upper lip?

That's my January beard!

wors

Brant Bummer 😉

well done, hope the pay is good!

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Ahhhhh, not enough time studying men in lycra, thats my problem 🙂

MrSparkle

**** me, not only does he get a bloody light after keeping every bugger waiting for hours, now this! *shakes head*

Jammy git, not jealous or owt! ;0)

Harry_the_Spider

Are those long silk 1920s style lady's evening gloves that he is wearing?… The perv.

devs
    Free Member

Hey Mike, IIRC you've got relatives up here in Moray. I'll help you test some frames and that when you come up to visit them if you want?! :mrgreen:

MrAgreeable

Excellent. You should demand that they make you a "signature series" of products – perhaps a wicker basket, a hair shirt, or a clipboard for taking notes at sustainable transport focus groups? 🙂

ourmaninthenorth

As it so happens, I shall be in the North East on Friday and Saturday.

Obviously, I shall now be inviting myself round to the miketually residence and seeking an autograph from the great man. And then, when spurned, I'll keep a shrine to his silk-gloved-ness in my locker and burn effigies for Big Dummy and everything.

Ed-O
    Free Member

Awesome Mike. You're 'The Dude' that endurance mountain biking needs.

I genuinely enjoyed following your training and preparation for the K100. Looking forward to seeing your new bike.

AdamM
    Free Member

Whoop! Nice one Mike. Congratulations. Now you've got the perfect excuse for when the wife doesn't want you going out for a ride… 'but, it's my job'. 😀

jonb
    Free Member

I saw that too, lucky!

Free lights and a bike development project. They'll be some competition for the Lantern Rouge/DFL place next year! Some inspiration for anyone thinking of giving in.

Trekster

Well done.

For those of us who do not know you what is your cv and qualis for the job?

terrahawk
    Free Member

has it been mentioned yet that me and Twinklydave have to carry out a terrifying initiation ceremony?

We haven't thought of one yet, but it'll be dead terrifying.

warton
    Free Member

he rides bikes, a lot. what else would you need?

DickBarton

Congrats mate…sounds like it was well deserved.

swisstony
    Free Member

to develop cool products

…a rigid steel singlespeed 29er

Does not compute 😉

well done!

jojoA1
    Free Member

YOu know you would have gone much faster at the weekend if it wasn't for those silly bars. "Fast elbows"!!! That's what you needed. 😉

martinh
    Free Member

Congratulations. You do realise that you will have to actually get out and ride a MTB ocassionally now?

miketually
    Free Member

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.

As it so happens, I shall be in the North East on Friday and Saturday.

Obviously, I shall now be inviting myself round to the miketually residence and seeking an autograph from the great man. And then, when spurned, I'll keep a shrine to his silk-gloved-ness in my locker and burn effigies for Big Dummy and everything.

Not staying up for Sunday for the TOB stage? I'll let you have a go of my Big Orange Bike 🙂

Not stopping. They'd already given us the event T-shirt and I knew I'd not be able to bring myself to wear it if I didn't finish.

has it been mentioned yet that me and Twinklydave have to carry out a terrifying initiation ceremony?

We haven't thought of one yet, but it'll be dead terrifying.

Brant's working on a plan to turn me purple. Seriously.

miketually
    Free Member

Congratulations. You do realise that you will have to actually get out and ride a MTB ocassionally now?

Do you think that would help?

matthew_h
    Free Member

Brant's working on a plan to turn me purple. Seriously.

You really can't "beet" a plan like that. Nice one Mike. Good work.

knott4me
    Free Member

well done for him actually sticking at it & finishing .i gather there was a lot of people who quit.

ourmaninthenorth

Not staying up for Sunday for the TOB stage?

Nope. Could have done, but I shall be heading off for a stage down in this neck of the woods. Passing through Durham on Friday, and then up to Alnwick on Fri night and a walk on the coast or a visit to a castle on Saturday before back to Mcr.

I'll drop by for the dubious sounding Big Orange Bike when I'm sans Mrs North, who tolerates my cycling at best..!

Anyway, I shall be challenging you for DFL at Kielder next year….

miketually
    Free Member

Anyway, I shall be challenging you for DFL at Kielder next year….

Excellent!

miketually
    Free Member

YOu know you would have gone much faster at the weekend if it wasn't for those silly bars. "Fast elbows"!!! That's what you needed.

Fast elbows are overrated 🙂

ourmaninthenorth

Excellent!

And don't expect it to be easy. My lack of endurance is near legendary… 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

My lack of endurance is near legendary

Drink beetroot juice…

ourmaninthenorth

Why, will that make me even slower over 100 miles?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Cool – well done! 8)

stuartie_c
    Free Member

😀

What a great story.

kimbers

anyone else seen the pic in dirt of brants 160?mm full suss dh bike

Drac

hen up to Alnwick on Fri night and a walk on the coast or a visit to a castle on Saturday before back to Mcr.

Do both visit Dunstanburgh Castle.

It's over there —>

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Shedfire announce new development rider (rather stunned lucky bugger content)’ is closed to new replies.