Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Shaving ones legs….
  • njee20
    Free Member

I don’t have very hairy thighs, so it didn’t really matter, but I’d go as high as is likely to be seen – probably boxer short height.

It’s a great talking point, I’d not be worried about my Mrs telling my friends! It looks better and it feels awesome!

zippykona

See a few shaved chests when we go to the spa and one who had shaved his pits.

MrSmith
    Free Member

If you are single just shave one leg, when you wake up in the morning for a fleeting frisson of excitement as you think you have got lucky the night before.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

^ Genius 😀

As an owner of a pair of Chewbacca pants I stop at the boxer hem because frankly there’s just way to much foliage up there to be pruning.
    Good razor is the important part.
    It only feels weird the first time and if you don’t like it, it’ll grow back.
    I decided to bite the bullet after shaving my lower right leg completely to have a tattoo finished off and just thought that actually I may as well just crack on and do the other side too.

steveoath
    Free Member

My 19 month old daughter started brushing my leg hair the other day with her hairbrush. I’m thinking that may be a sign!

scotroutes

I’m considering it as a way of reducing the number of ticks I collect during the summer, especially as I ended up with Lymes last year. Might be an issue when wearing the kilt though.

nach
    Free Member

steve_b77 – Member
    Apparently it does make you faster http://youtu.be/DZnrE17Jg3I

deadkenny
    Free Member

njee20 – Member
    Sorry, where does it say mountain bike forum?

Said it often as you know 😉 but it just seems weird that a forum on a web site for Singletrack magazine, an exclusively mountain bike magazine, attracts so many road topics.

It’s not so much bother except when the thread is asking a question I assume is MTB related, about to provide an MTB answer and then realise yet again it’s road related.

At least this one was obvious given the title 😀

More seriously though, as to the why I thought it’s more to do with cuts and scrapes which are easier to deal with if you don’t have hairy legs. Have found it a pain off road cut up and mud in the cut, having to deal with blood and mud turning hairs into a clump.

njee20
    Free Member

Why is it a road topic? Plenty of mountain bikers do it.

I don’t get why folk are so insecure. It’s all riding bikes. If you want to be surrounded by the ‘road biks r ghey” crowd then go to PinkBike.

I’ve never bought the magazine in my life. If it became co-sponsored by a road magazine would it bother you less?

bikebouy
    Free Member

VEET, failing that a simple razor once every 3 weeks is enough, unless you are hairy.

sbob
    Free Member

How high? Well, what are you going to be showing off?

A dress, I’d wager.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Why wouldn’t you shave your pits zippykona? All that hair is there for is to trap your musky smell. So getting rid reduces the chance of BO and makes applying roll on deodorant less messy.

saynotobasemiles
    Free Member

Mister P- Because it itches like f*ck when it grows back thats why!!

njee20
    Free Member

Gonna look at you in a whole different light when I see you next Mister P 😉

jekkyl

sickness.

mrblobby
    Free Member

So how does Veet for men differ from the normal Veet? Designed to tackle more manly hair? Or just smells less lady like?

deadkenny
    Free Member

njee20 – Member
    I don’t get why folk are so insecure. It’s all riding bikes. If you want to be surrounded by the ‘road biks r ghey” crowd then go to PinkBike.

It’s not that, it’s just I often can’t contribute when a thread is talking about things road specific as they’re talking about things I’m not used to, and more than that I may wade in offering advice on an MTB specific component and then turns out it was a road bike they’re talking about, so I look an idiot.

Anyway, road bikes aren’t “ghey”. 29ers are though 😛 😀 (he says, secretly considering single speed and realising 29er may be the only way to go 😮 )

mrblobby
    Free Member

Deadkennedy, many would say the same thing about threads about DH biking or XC racing or fat bike niche or 29ers or singlespeed or CX… etc.

Personally I like the diversity.

Kryton57

I’ve brought some veet for men. I’ll have a quick shower later, surprise the Mrs and see if it gets noticed* on tomorrow’s club run

*the additional speed, that is.

mrblobby
    Free Member

surprise the Mrs

Do let us know how that goes 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Why do NON pros shave their legs?

Sad. Really sad.

garage-dweller

Many years ago I did mine for a while.

Didn’t make me any faster but much better for sun screen, mud removal, keeping scratches and nick’s free of irritation/no hair stuck in them.

Laziness and not riding as much stopped me at some point a few years back. I still see the benefit (although no real need) and not sure if mrs gd would approve.

Ditto chest, back and especially pit hair (a perfect way to intensify your body’s natural aroma – yuck).

Frankly if you want to de fuzz jfdi but beware of piss taking and your better half….

Currently wookie – lite.

hora
    Free Member

Suppose it looks better with heels and dress when you go out

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Why do NON pros shave their legs?

Because it makes my legs look absolutely awesome ‘cos I is fit yo…

Sad. Really sad.

Lulz from you!

the-muffin-man

I shaved my legs once – I got threatened with divorce!

I didn’t do it again.

Felt ‘wrong’ too!

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Felt ‘wrong’ too!

‘Coz of teh gayzz?

stevious

I normally use whichever razors have been on special offer but borrowed my wife’s fancy-looking leg razor a while back and it definitely felt better. Might have to upgrade when my current stock runs out.

Enjoy the enormous level of insecurity from the anti-shaving brigade.

project
    Free Member

a quick search reveals numerous websites dedicated to shaving the male, and some even offer cash for them to do it, just think what you could buy if youre a hairy type.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I don’t shave anywhere, unless either my wife or daughter has left their razor out on the side of the bath (instead of putting it away out of reach of small boys), in which case I use it to shave my toes and feet – 70% to teach them a lesson (I leave it unrinsed and when accused just say I couldn’t help it), 30% because there’s something satisfying about shaving hair off skin. I don’t suppose this helps the OP.

TiRed

and some even offer cash for them to do it

They might not be so interested in the legs though!

Anyway I do it for the road and it benefits off-road mud and scratches. I’m also a prennial sunscreen user so even better. But no chewy shorts 😆 , my hair is white/blond.

Kryton57

mrblobby – Member
    surprise the Mrs
    Do let us know how that goes

The first comment was “Ridiculous”. The second “…absolute proof you’ve become obsessed with cycling…” The third “…no, I won’t feel how smooth they are, it’s just wrong (for a man), please wear pajama bottoms tonight.”

😀

cloudnine
    Free Member

I’ve done mine with electric hair razor.. Not sure I’m in need of smooth shaven.
    Had a quick tidy up round the edges too.

simondbarnes

Gillette Fusion, bit of moisturiser from time to time, jobs a goodun.

brian2
    Free Member

Had to do plums many moons ago pre vasectomy. Real bugger growing back, it felt like I had a hedgehog in me pants for weeks afterwards; itched like buggery. I’m not really hairy and they go blonde in the sun anyway. But if I did shave cockin’ a snook at my roadie side, then my son and his mates would rip the piss out of me on mtb days. Like to keep “tidy” down there tho’ and keep the pits at bay for stinky reasons.

MoreCashThanDash

Brian2 – your pubes go blonde in the sun? 😯

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Shaving ones legs….’ is closed to new replies.