Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Sharing posts
  • nickjb
    Free Member

I just opened a thread and there was a glaring green icon and an option to share the post. Now it’s gone again. Did I dream it? Are the IT bods up to something? Who would want to share all this guff? 😯

thepurist

I saw it too – this

nasty green pollutant on our tasteful grey pages!

seavers
    Free Member

I saw it too! You didn’t dream it. No idea what go on.

LoCo
    Free Member

seavers
    Free Member

No one on here give a F what I post anyway, please don’t encourage me to share my drivel with regular people like those douche bags at Amazon do. No one cares if I buy a toothbrush.

wwaswas

It’s worse than that – just tried to cut and paste something and got a ‘read more at’ link at the end.

It’s all a bit Daily Mail 😉

geoffj

And where have the formatting controls and smilies gone? 🙁

edit – ooh their back

wwaswas

I’m hoping for an ‘insert simile’ button.

I need one of them like a wassername.

Mark

A few bugs still to iron out but hopefully we’ll have it sorted in the morning. We want you to be able to share your pearls of wisdom 🙂

We weren’t keen on the green either, so that’s likely to be toned down quite a bit too.

seavers
    Free Member

Share with whom?

slowoldgit
    Free Member

like people on here have friends?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Share with whom?

Yer mates, duhhh. Or do you not have any? I’ve got over 600 friends on facebook.

bearnecessities

Referendum! 😉

dabble
    Free Member

Though this was going to be about going halves on a dropper with a pal (they’re not cheap ya know).

“You can have it Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I’ll have it Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday and we’ll Roshambo for it on Saturday.”

khani
    Free Member

– See more at: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/sharing-posts#sthash.5M0LH73d.dpuf

That’s irritating, ^^^ 🙁
    It’ll ruin the big hitter battles where they’re copy and pasting at light speed..

seavers
    Free Member

Yer mates, duhhh. Or do you not have any? I’ve got over 600 friends on facebook. – See more at: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/sharing-posts#sthash.ne3HUfg4.dpuf

I mostly communicate via the medium of Fax, mostly.

nealglover
    Free Member

If you are going to add the “see more at- blah blah”

Then you need to add a quote button to the forum.

Otherwise, as above, quoting posts to reply to them will be a complete mess.

seavers
    Free Member

I did not intent to add anything…

It was added anyway…HUH. No Like.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

😀

z1ppy

289 ways to share my posts, BRILLIANT! (or not as the case maybe)

molgrips
    Free Member

The icon is a little distracting.. could it not be text on the left just like REPORT-POST..?

Everything else is on the left, so the string of icons is a little hard on the eye imo.

thepurist

Hear hear molgrips – why not invert the logo/add a border so its a white rectangle with dark letters, on the left with the report post etc.

Change – we does not in any way loikes it round ere!

andytherocketeer

prefer click to make the pop-up bit pop up, personally, rather than mouseover. It’s kind of like a wall of mouseover targets running down the middle of the screen.
    possibly handy idea though, although I’m more likely to share a thread than a post.

Mark

Mouseover gone! 🙂

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

You can just share the first post. May add a share thread soon but it’s Friday afternoon.

MSP

Technology is just getting too much for me, I will be communicating through the medium of interpretive dance from now on.

Muke
    Free Member

I’ve got over 600 friends on facebook

🙄 😆

DezB
    Free Member

I thought of a use for it!
    If you see something in the classifieds you have a non-STWer friend after. Use the Share button! Saves the major hassle of switching to your email window and pasting the link eh? 🙂

wwaswas

a non-STWer friend

you’ve lost me there.

aracer
    Free Member

You need to add a RFC 1149 option for those of us still using old tech.

CountZero

you have a non-STWer friend

I do? Really? Gosh…

Stoner
    Free Member

another crucial function that has been missing from my life like tags. phew.

freddyg
    Free Member

Hmmmm…. As you’re tinkering with the forum, please could we have a “back to forum” button/url too? I’d find that much more useful than “share”

Bunnyhop

So I’m a curtain maker and know nothing about computers. Please will someone explain?

aracer
    Free Member

Do the numbers appearing mean that people are actually sharing these posts? I hope people are enjoying

Mark

Have you had a bad day aracer? You seem remarkably grumpy about this. Have we upset you with this new function? 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

I just think there are other more useful things you could add.

Apparently this forum is great because it’s not like other forums – one part of which is the absence of stuff like this cluttering up the screen. For which we put up with the absence of all sorts of useful stuff which most other forums have.

…how strange it appears somebody has shared my previous post 🙄

MrNutt
    Free Member

no-one wants a SHARE button but EVERYONE wants a LIKE button, com’on mods, give it to the people!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Can we create sharing loops where you get to this post then share it
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/sharing-posts#post-5534201

This could then take you back to the start and you get stuck in an eternal loop.

*whatever you do don’t click the link above as im not coming to get you.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Damn, only just noticed the button! How unobservant am I? 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Sharing posts’ is closed to new replies.