Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Settle area riding
  • thecaptain
    Free Member

Staying in the area, looking for ideas. Googling suggests it’s pretty good, but I haven’t had much riding time yet. Did enjoy the Settle loop recently, so anything along similar lines (and harder rides too) would be welcome. Is there something good around Austwick? I’ve got transport but was particularly looking for out-the-door riding. Gisburn perhaps?

ElShalimo

oops edit that

There is a tour of Ingleborough (mostly off road) that’s worth the effort. A loop around PenyGhent from Helwith Bridge is nice too

tomaso
    Free Member

Clapham is a good starting point for riding and plenty of options.

kcal

Settle loop? not sure what you mean but over to Malham? Mastiles?

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Gisburn is worth a visit if you haven’t been before!

davela
    Free Member

I’d agree on Tour d’Ingleborough and the Settle Loop. Gisburn is also good.

ElShalimo

if you’re very fit and don’t mind road sections go to Slaidburn then over the top of Salter Fell (great views) and then drop down to Wray where there is a great cafe (part of a garden centre), go back via High Bentham.

smokey_jo

There’s a great ride on Ingleborough common starting from Clapham (best to start there so you get to do the tunnels) there’s a couple of bits of cheeky round that way which link with the bridleways to take in all the best bits.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Settle loop a great fitness ride but not very technical. Gisburn great fun with a variety of different terrain. Knock yourself out.

rusty90
    Free Member

A good selection of routes at MTBDales and PedalNorth

rusty90
    Free Member

@ElShalimo – What’s Salter Fell like these days? Going up for a few days in Bolton in Bowland soon with the CX bike and fancied this. Heard it was chewed up by 4x4s.
    I was hoping for something like this:

thecaptain
    Free Member

Thanks rusty90 and others, I’d somehow not found pedalnorth.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Settle area riding’ is closed to new replies.